Chapter 4: Recruitment Leaflet
46 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the same time, Kasumi and her family were also surprised by the unusual visitor. Then the woman arrived in front of the desk.

"Un, what should I help you with ?"

Kasumi asked with her usual smile while her father and brother became more vigilant.

"Is this place where a person called Kasumi distributing food for jobless and homeless ?"

Ursula said in a roundabout way as she was big embarrassed seeing the state of people who are taking the food then comparing to herself.

"Yes, it is. You arrived just in time. There is just enough for a single person."

Then her embarrassment doubled again seeing the honest, understanding smile of the girl in front of her. Especially she knew it legit as she can see and feel the one's feeling.

"Oh, yes. Then, can I have it? I haven't eaten a thing for three whole days."

"It is okay. Anything can happen if you live long enough."

Seeing a woman who looks like one could break a man in half is trying to hide her embarrassment. Kasumi and her family, for a second thought, how cute she looked.

"Thanks."

Said Ursula walked towards the empty bench and began to eat her meal while calmly observing her surroundings.

At the same time, the others also observing her as well.

Some times later, the Kasumi and her family took down their kitchen and went home.

"Hey, lady."

Right when she dropped the empty box in the trash, she heard a voice calling her. Turning her head, she saw an old man standing in front of her.

'No malice.'

She quickly detected the old man carrying no malicious intent except some pervertedness, but that is something that she can stand. At the same time, she also caught the other two behind him.

"What is it ?"

Ursula was curious about a man's intention. It is rare for an ordinary person willing to start a conversation.

"It is not that I am being sarcastic or anything. I can see you were born with a gift, but how did you end up in this place like us?"

'Oh, that!'

Like saying curiosity killed the cat, all of them were curious about how someone like her ended in the dumpster.

"Old man, the only thing I can say is because of my complicated background and due spending too much time behind the cell."

"Shame."

It was short, but they were able to understand a woman in front of them.

Well, in their own way.

They thought she was someone who lost in time due to one mistake and trying to start her life from zero.

"I can't say it's people's fault since it right to have some doubt but still?"

Said old man while seeing a job list that various place names crossed out. In some way, just by wearing the name of being in prison is worse than just being called a bum.

As said, you can't get a good name just by wishing, and you can't wipe a bad one even by carving it.

"Naah, it is okay. I will get one eventually."

Ursula said as someone like her, the only thing she has the most in this world is time.

"Hahaha, that is the spirit!"

They complimented the woman's spirit, suddenly one of them remembered one thing.

"Hey, lady. It may be sound stupid, but seeing your situation, I think of one job that can hire you."

"Are you thinking about that ?"

"Yeah."

"What is it?"

Seeing their reaction, Ursula got a bit curious.

"Lady, haven't you heard about working as a minion?"

"Minion?"

Hearing the word minion and villian, immediately an image of a stupid-looking black uniform wearing cannon fodder appeared in Ursula's head.

"Yeah, a minion that works under the villain or organization. Those things are usually always short of people, making them willing to hire anyone."

"Since it always covered by some uniform or mask. You don't have to worry about your identity either. And the pay is somewhat good too, but there is a catch."

"What is it?"

"It is you will be fighting against heroes, and they don't care if you live or die. Well, heroes care, but that doesn't mean they will pay your medical cost."

"Yeah, quite many people I used to know now spend all of their earned money on their healing."

Ursula can easily imagine how that turns into a vicious cycle of getting beaten up and put in hospital then paying for treatment to get beaten up again.

"But I say for someone gifted like you. it is good for earning some easy cash before finding a decent job."

"Yeah."

After some conversation, all of them went to sleep while Ursula spent a night in her usual park.

"Oh, what?"

Tomorrow morning she found a leaflet glued on an old tree. It looked like written by hand, not by computer.

Join under the secret organization of great Lord Shen!!
Why not try to take over the world and bring doom together with us!
Free health care, great merit system, and a good salary. Recruiting both part-time and permanent minions!

Besides the cheesy word, there is a convenient hand-drawn map pointing to the base of the secret organization.

"Heh, a secret organization and Lord Shen."

Ursula doesn't know whether she should be laughing or pitying this guy.

But at least looks like she found her part-time job.

4