Chapter 5: One out of three, it isn’t that bad
36 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A five bus stop away from the kid's playground, there are metal, plastic, and electronics garbage dumping grounds where trucks of the recycling factory visit weekly.

In the middle of these man-made mountains of garbage stood a single rickety building that looks like made of garbages slapped together.

Inside the meeting room of the building, three-figure sat around the desk. Each people dressed in a dark purple suit with a big white S printed on the face and upper part of the body, leaving a white belt and boots.

"Damn...Who the heck made those leaflets."

"It looks like some sort of notice for supermarket sale."

"I can still remember the look people gave me while sticking those. And what sort of idiot places the location of the secret base on a leaflet ?"

The first one cursed while looking at the leaflet he holding.

"Number 1. Save your complaints to our boss and our stupid assess."

"Yeah, in some way, it is our fault for not checking that."

Hearing the reply, the first one swallowed his anger remembering how all three of them spent last night copying those 'idiot' leaflets.

"Speaking of the boss. Where is he now? isn't currently our work time, he agreed ?"

The second one took out his phone and checked the time. Yes, just as he thought it was their work time.

"Well, about that. Boss is still in haven't returned from home after his fight against the Honest Work."

"Oh, yeah! Boss received his ten-fold punch. While bragging about his absolute defense spell."

*Hiss~~.*

All three of them took a cold air. It was true about the boss's bragging about its absolute defense spell, but sadly their boss forgot that spell only blocks one attack. Which leads him to blocks the other nine leftover punches with his face.

"Yeah, let just wait for a few minutes, shall we ?"

"True, it is my first time to see the human body create such a ditch. "

They remembered the scene of their boss being blasted into oblivion and eating a fist full of sand. All three of them decided to wait a little bit longer.

"Hey, number 3."

"What?"

"Can't you just block Honest Work's punch?"

As close friends, each of them knows their special abilities. The number 3's has a unique ability called Hand of Mobius that neutralizes any type of energy, including the kinetic energy of punch.

It sounded powerful, but!

"As if I can see his fist, you idiot! Do you want to see me on infirmary bed bound like a mummy!"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about it, sorry!"

Number 1 apologized as he remembered. To neutralize the attack, the number 3 must need to touch the source with his palm.

It is near impossible for him to touch the super human-like Honest Work's fist with his bellow average human physique.

"Haah, what use of powerful shield when it is the size of the palm."

"As if you're one who talks! Mr.Magnet of all!"

"Hey! At least mine works, unlike you and your broken sword!"

"Hey, don't drag me into it."

"Haah, as expected. What shitty abilities fitting for background characters like us."

Number 2 signed.

In the first place, the reason why they started to work as minions is to earn easy money and compare themselves to the heroes. After three months, he can confidently say their power sucks, be a villian or a hero.

"Do you think someone will join us ?"

Number 3 asked from others. He wanted someone who could fight against a hero, unlike them or their unlucky boss. Also, if he could choose then, he wanted it to be a cute girl that warm and polite.

"As if!"

Immediately his friends spoke what was on his mind. As if someone would join their joke of a group.

"Unless that person is brain dead or ma.."

*Knock! Knock!*

Number 1's speech was cut in mid-way by a knock on their door.

"I go answer it."

Number 3 stood up and walked towards the door to answer. Opening door number 3 saw a towering fierce-looking woman with long unkempt hair standing in front of the door.

"Is this a secret base of Lord Shen?"

"Un, Yes?"

'WHAT! WHY SOMEONE LIKE HER SEARCHING FOR A BOSS?'

"I would like to join your organization as a part-timer."

The fierce-looking woman pulled out the leaflet from her pocket and showed the number 3.

"WHAT! YOU WANT TO JOIN!"

* * *

In a meeting room, a woman sat in front of the desk with a simple cup of warm tea.

"What should we do?"

"To think there is someone come after seeing those leaflets. Also, why is someone like that wanted to join in a place like this in the first place??"

Meanwhile, all three of them observed her while peeking out the side of the door.

"She said she wanted to join as a part-timer but isn't the boss supposed to hire her, not us ?"

"With boss is resting, one with the highest rank suppose to take over but."

Including the boss, the organization only has three members, and all of them are of the same rank.

"Is there any instruction manual or plan for the situation?"

"Well, there is a one..."

Number 2 took out the handbook revealing the first two pages to his friends.

'In case of the new minion want to join under the great ruler of the darkness while he and his generals are away. It must face all other minions to receive its suitable position.'

"In short. Are you telling me to go and fight that!"

"Yes, and not just you but all of us."

"Nope! Just look how terrifying she is! And look at that eyes and scar! Forget about the fight, she will bury us six feet under in just by breathing in my general direction!"

"Let's just say she beat us and give her general uniform, shall we?"

"Agree."

There was no competition, without any opposition Ursula was promoted straight to the general position.

But.

*Bang!*

"Who dare cheat its way through my test!"

Following the sound of a door, another figure appeared.

"My minions show the power of my darkness to this fledgling!"

4