Chapter 9
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't do it! That's what Alissa wanted to blurt out, but she held her tongue. She felt her hands were getting sweaty.

Alissa looks up at him and he tilts his head. It looked as if he was analyzing her. He finally spoke,

"You look familiar." He said.

Alissa grasped for the first thing that came to her mind, "I bumped into you last time and spilled my smoothie, but you bought me another one."

"And some food." She added hastily.

"I did, didn't I?"

"Yeah." Alissa nodded.

"No, I have a feeling I met you somewhere else," Aron said.

She pretended to be confused, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am."

"I get that a lot." She stammered.

"No, I don't ever confuse people." He said confidently.

Alissa contemplated confessing the truth, but she stopped herself, if he had proof, he would have confronted her fully by now, he was just suspicious.

"It happens to the best of us." She replied.

"Does it?" his voice was dripping with sarcasm.

When was her number going to get called out? She was scared she would make a mistake. At the same time, she wanted to sit with him. She enjoyed looking at his face.

"Yeah, it does."

"The last time I didn't ask your name. What is it?"

"Hannah."

"Hannah." He tested out her name. "Do you go out at night?"

"I go out with my friends, but I don't do heavy clubbing. I am more of a stay at home kind of girl."
"Is that so? Did you go out this past Friday?"
Alarm bells started to ring in her head, why was he asking about Friday? Did he know that she was there?

"I just slept because I was feeling very exhausted."
"Really." But his voice didn't seem convinced.

Her number finally got called out.

She got up, "That's me."
She went and took her order by the counter. She didn't know if she should go back and tell him she was leaving?
Alissa fought against it, she went out the door, and she felt that someone was following her once outside...

"Hannah."

"Hannah."
Alissa remembered that she was Hannah and turned around,

"Why didn't you respond when I called you the first time?" said Aron.

"I was absent-minded."
He reached out and touched her hair. "It seems like you had curls put in recently."

Oh no! was he catching onto to her? Think of a Lie and fast.

"It was a while back I don't wash my hair that much, so they are still traces of curls that I did a while back."
Aron cocked his head to the side, "But your hair looks shiny," He took a step closer and bought a handful of her hair to his face. Alissa's heartbeat very wildly when he had got up close. She felt tingles all over. "And your hair smells like apples. It doesn't look dirty to me."

"Looks can be deceiving at times." She stammered.

He let go of her hair, and he looked into her eyes, "And those eyes, they look familiar." She felt disappointed at the fact that he had let go of her hair.

"I always wear glasses." She countered him.

"You do. So, you don't use contacts?"

"No, they hurt my eyes."

"Is that so?"

"Yes." She dropped her gaze.

"Well let me not take up any-more of your time."

"Okay,"

"One more thing Hannah." His voice dripped out.

"Yes.
"Someone touched me on Friday."

"Really." She replied as if she was surprised.

"And when someone touches me, they have to pay for the consequences."
"What consequences?"

"They will see, and since it's not you. You don't have anything to be worried about. Right?"

0