Chapter 8
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jasmine stripped off her work clothes and climbed into bed, what did Miles mean by that? It did make her happy that he had claimed so boldly in front of her friends but that happiness didn't last too long.

Miles only claimed her as if she was his possession, either than that he didn't show her that she was really his.

He never checked up on her or come to her workplace and walked her home. He never made any effort to get a job so he could help her with finances yet he had the audacity to say she was his.

So this is what Miles did the whole day, invite his friends over, no wonder the groceries finished quickly. Wasn't he supposed to be at school? Wasn't he supposed to be studying hard so that he could pass and she could finally pursue her own studies?

Jasmine rolled over, and she felt feverish. She shivered a bit and pulled the blanket closer. Then she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Jasmine was woken up by a loud noise and she realized that Miles and his friends making so much noise.

She let out a groan, why were they so many girls too at that? Jasmine had tried to not let it bother her but it did. She didn't like how those girls had looked at Miles but she didn't want to come across as the jealous clingy girlfriend.

She checked her phone and saw that she had slept for two hours and something within her snapped. Jasmine got out of bed and put on her robe, she walked out of the room and went to the kitchen.

She could feel everyone's gaze on her including Miles but she didn't care. She switched on the kettle and let the water boil. She took out some medicine from the cabinet and emptied a sachet into the mug that she had taken out of the cupboard.

This all proved a bit too much for her, she was tired from those few movements. When the water boiled, she poured some into the mug and stirred to mix the contents.

"What are you doing?"

Jasmine heard Miles's voice from the kitchen entrance and she carried on stirring her mixture, and she tasted it. It was bitter, perfect, this would do the trick for her to be up and running again soon.

"Jasmine, what are you doing?"

Jasmine placed the spoon to the side and she walked out of the kitchen. She didn't know why she hadn't responded to Miles, she was not in the mood for it. She just couldn't stand him at this point in time. She didn't want to start a fight and not in the state that she was in.

He didn't bother to help her at all, so what more could she ask from him that she didn't already know?

Jasmine went back to their room, stripped off the rob. She climbed into the bed and drank the rest of the mixture. She started to feel a bit drowsy.

She closed her eyes and went to sleep. She was awakened when she felt a hand stroking her head, removing strands from her face.

Jasmine opened her eyes slowly,

"Hey sleepyhead, you have been sleeping for a while now," said Miles.

Jasmine realized that there was no noise, which meant that his friends had left, as if sensing her thoughts Miles replied,

"I sent them home, you seem very sick."

Jasmine just nodded,

"Sit up, I bought some chicken soup for you."

Miles helped her sit up and Jasmine wondered what had gotten into him? After she had sat up he spooned chicken soup into her mouth, which Jasmine was grateful for as she didn't have much of an appetite.

When Jasmine was done, she lay back down. Miles touched her forehead slowly and stroked her.

"I know I hurt you Mine."

Jasmine's eyes widened, that was Miles's nickname for her, that she was his forever that's why he called her Mine from Jasmine.

"Please don't be mad at me. It hurts my heart when you are upset with me."

Jasmine just nodded,

Miles leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Hey all if you want Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

0