Chapter 13
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jasmine took a deep and she wanted the words out of her head, was this the result of being in such close proximity to a man that wasn't Miles.

When Jasmine got home, she undressed and climbed into bed, she was failing to sleep. Was it because he had his life together that his words lingered in her mind.

Jasmine wondered what made her think about him till now? She had many clients before but none had stayed on her mind like this one.

After several nights of sleepless nights and tossing and turning Jasmine was surprised that Miles noticed a difference in her, he said something on her day off after she had showered and sat in the living room.

"What is up with you Jasmine?"

Jasmine jumped a bit at his words, what was up with her? "I'm fine Miles just a little tired and distracted that's all."

(Let me take you to bed.) the words crept in her mind like a plague,

"There you go again, where did your mind wander off to?"

Jasmine felt heat rushing up to her cheeks, "Nowhere Miles."

Miles looked at her skeptically, "It doesn't seem to be nothing to me. Are you hiding something from me, Jasmine?"

"No!" Jasmine cringed inwards at how fast she had said those words, she could have at least taken time to act as if she was reflecting on her answer, she sounded very defensive.

Miles folded his arms, "Jasmine?"

"Miles what is it? Can't I just watch t.v without you nagging me too?"

"Now I nag you, Jasmine? Where did this all come from?"

"I work every day if you don't notice and the one time that I want to rest or get a break is the time that you want to start playing detective over nothing."

"Over nothing? Do you see how you are acting Jasmine? What has gotten into you lately?"

"Nothing Miles, you are just don't like change do you?"

"What does change have to do with anything?"

"It has to do with everything Miles, this is the reason why we have been stuck in the position for years."

"Not this again" Miles uttered.

"Then let's drop everything and stop talking about it." With that Jasmine resumed watching her show and she saw Miles pick up his bag and he left.

When Miles came back Jasmine had made dinner, "Where were you?"

"Do I need to answer to you, Jasmine?"

"You could let me know where you spent your whole day, I checked your schedule and you don't have any classes today Miles."

"I had some catching up to do and I needed space after the fight that we had."

Jasmine knew that this was an excuse, Miles was pulling her card on her so that he could get out of explaining as to where he was. The following night came too fast and Jasmine made it to the strip club,

She did her dance number and she and the other girls went to host the businessmen that had come tonight.

The evening was going well and Jasmine laughed at their jokes and acted as if she was interested but deep down she wasn't, she needed the money.

Her thoughts were plaguing her, as to where Miles went or did she need to learn to trust him some more, they were together for a long time, and she missed the days when Miles was obsessed with her. She still felt the same way about wanting to be around him, didn't she? Or did she just want familiarity and was she also afraid of change?

"Jasmine come here."

Jasmine was snapped out of her thoughts, she had missed Julian coming in and sitting down completely. Now Julian was looking at her hand on the man's arm that she was entertaining with blazing eyes. 

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava

0