Chapter 9
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Amelia woke up, she felt rested, too rested. She smelled an aroma and her stomach growled. She got out of bed and made her way to the kitchen.

"You are awake." Said Mason,

She nodded, he was the one cooking, she wondered where James was and should she go to the living room?

"Sit, I will pour you something to drink."

Amelia nodded and she sat down. Mason placed a glass in front of her that had some drink in it and she wondered what it was. Before she could ask he was already answering her,

"Pina colada, try it and let me know how it tastes."

She nodded and took a sip of the drink, it was creamy and refreshing at the same time. She took another long sip and she sighed, this was pure bliss. The break that she needed after a long day at college.

"How was your first day?"

Amelia turned to him, "It wasn't that bad, just the usual orientation stuff and I signed up for a couple of things."

Mason nodded, he stirred some more,

"How was your day?" she decided to ask not wanting it to be awkward.

"It was alright, we are opening tomorrow today was mainly for you guys," Mason replied.

Amelia's phone vibrated and she saw that she had a message from James, "I am at the store would you like anything?"

She typed her reply eagerly, "Yes please, candy and some ice-cream."

"You look so excited, who are you talking to?" Mason asked.

"It's James he is at the store and he was asking if I wanted anything."

Mason grasped his phone, "I got one too, thank goodness you are awake I nearly missed the opportunity."

Amelia laughed as she saw him type away what he wanted.

"Looks like you are writing a whole report."

Mason laughed at her words, "I need stuff and I have been too lazy to go and buy, this is the perfect opportunity, and once in a lifetime deal.

Her phone started to ring and she got up and excused herself. She went outside and sat by the stairs. When she was comfortable she answered it.

"Hey, mom."
" Sweetheart, I'm sorry I couldn't call you, it's been a long day."

"No worries mom, I was taking a nap. I just woke up."

"How was your day?"

Amelia started from the top telling her how her day went. She couldn't miss out on any details because her mom wanted to know everything and when she said everything she meant it, down to the tee. She considered herself lucky that she was allowed to go and stay with her brother.

Her mom would respond, to let her know she was listening. James pulled up in the driveway and she told her mom.

When James came out of the car, she went over to help him and took out groceries. She handed him the phone and he took it. He started talking, and in a minute Mason was out and he also started to take out the groceries.

She started to offload them and put them in cupboards and the ones that had specific people for them she put them in separate paper bags.

She handed everyone theirs and she put hers in her room. When James was done on the phone she hugged him and thanked him.

"You are getting away from paying me." Said, James.

"If I do the same, can I get away with it too?" Mason asked in a teasing manner.

"Not a chance, once is enough," James replied.

They all sat by the table and Mason served them tacos. They looked amazing, and the pina colada washed them down nicely, she felt very satisfied and warm.

"Let's watch a movie in an hour." Said, James.

"I have college tomorrow," Amelia replied.

"We all do but we will sleep on time, you can feast on your candy," James replied.

"I guess."

They all split up and came back after an hour in the living room. She saw Mason and James eyeing her candy.

1