How to fake dream
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning, nudity

"Whoooa. Wait, exactly what did the ever so fearless Farah put in the bathbomb."

Astonishment fills me when I gaze upon the rippling surface of contained blossoms of fire both floating in the breeze yet grounded so that despite their swaying they don't reach me and incinerate me.

It's official, I must be high on something.

...might as well enjoy this.  I can chew Farah out later for filling hygeine supplies with unknown drugs.

Then, I notice the sky.  

The field of fire had prevented me from noticing at first, but its apparently now sunset.  The sky is getting dimmer, and as the sun sinks into the horizon it glares red.

Rather lucky for me, as this means my little hallucination won't include a storm... However, meteorological knowledge may just mean nothing in the wake of burning hot plants that are actively on fire, yet alive and seem to be thriving.

Not that I'll check, it's worse than staring at a bonfire.  I won't look too closely for the sake of my ocular capacity.  

Also, I know this must be a hallucination since I don't feel hot at all.

Contrarily, I feel cool and relaxed. But not wet, which is vaguely alarming since I should be in a bathtub.

Which is why I haven't moved at all. I don't want to accidentally drown myself in my disconnect with my senses.

Tsktsk.  Farah, you fickle creature. You could get into serious trouble if you sold a bathbomb that had the user at risk of potential death via loss of sensation.

Fortunately, you have me, Nadir, your fantastic amazing brother who tested out your bathbombs before your first sale.

Once this... phenomena wears off, I will grab a towel, stalk down the hall, trail glitter into Farah's room and sit on her bed to plant glitter there too, then wait for her to enter the room and give her an earful about the... undesirable aspects of her homebrew bathbomb.

...wait, actually I should wear clothes first.  But will that diminish my vengeance of glitter?

I could grab what I was wearing before my bath and put it on in her room so to maximize the glitter spread.

Suddenly, I feel a chill.  

Something is watching me.  I need to move, now.

But, I am safe in my bathroom.

I glance over my shoulder.  The setting sun limits the available light sources to the field of flowers, and my shadow stretches far behind me, interspresed with flecks of light caused by my bodyglitter reflecting the bonfire ahead of me.

They seem like... eyes.  Watching me.  Waiting for a chance.

Gooseflesh rises all over my body.

I remember the very real imaginary pushes back before I submerged.

Carefully, I walk away from my lengthening shadow as it seemingly stretches into a horizon of nothingness and eyes watching me. And waiting.

This may all turn out to be a lucid dream in the end, the stress must have gotten to me and my mind didn't want to give me a break. Not even Farah couldn't concoct something this farfetched after all... right?

I wasn't that far from the blazing, swaying sea of indistinguishable flame, fortunately.  I walk into it, thankful that I don't feel the heat and in awe at the way the glitter seemed to catch the light and bend it around my body.

Mindfully, I continue heading onward and inward until my inner alarm fades and I am surrounded by the blazing flowers.

Now that my instincts aren't shouting at me, I inspect a flower nearby closely, on account of how my eyes haven't hurt since I realised I was dreaming.

Hmm.  It seems like... the stems are some sort of shiny mineral.  That would partially explain why an organic substance was on fire, in that the substance was inorganic in the first place...

"Hah, really.  Trying to analyse a dream, tsk."

I discard that train of thought, squat and bring my hands closer to the vaguely blossom shaped sparks flaring off the end of the swaying stem, since the glitter refracts light rather prettily off the mystery rock.

It's like a discoballs lights scattered about, and if I squint I can imagine its fireworks.

As I focus on the reflected light, I observe the stem shaking minutely.

I straighten up, and hear a sizzling sound start up, mixing together with the flowers constant crackling in an odd harmony.

As this happens, I observe a sudden change in the winds direction.  Instead of how the flowers had been steadily rippling in a sea of fire towards the west, now they were chaotically flowing around like river rapids around randomly placed rocks.

The mystique of this scene against the dark, starless night sky is fascinating. 

Caught in the moment, I whisper, "I would have to say the best part is the lack of smoke."

What an amazing contrast... I move further into the now oddly churning field of flowers, seeking a higher location within the midst of the flowers so that I might have a better view.

After a while I find a big, brightly lit up rock, and climb it to look around me from a higher vantage point.  Hmm.  It almost seems like there are patterns in the rapidli-

I snap my head up to the sky.

I could have sworn I saw something move.  A bir-

Now that I am looking upwards instead of inspecting the fiery sea I climbed out of..

I see falling stars, growing bigger as they fall out of the starless sky and expand beautifully then contract as they get further down, eventually merging into the fiery sea all around me...

Hey, subconscious, thats not how meteor showers work.  

I glance over to where one landed and see that the rapids in that particular areas calmed down and returned to the original rippling activity.

Shrugging, I lay supine and focus on the sky.  

More 'meteors' fall, and as I fixate on them, sometimes I vaguely make out identifying features beyond bright light falling from the sky.

Ridiculous, there definitely aren't people living within flaming balls of fire falling out of the sky.  What, am I now a foolish fable-chasing Farah?

I shake myself out of the nightmare, and sit up. Oddly, I seem to have significantly less of a glitter coating now.

The surrounding fire wall has lost its prior disturbances, and resumed an undisturbed unanimous undulation, unwaveringly westward.

In the privacy of my mind, I make a poetic metaphor that the crowd of small fires hiding fallen stars seek the ever rising sun, the closest star of them all, in some sort of pyrotechnic empathy...

"Hmph," Discarding the notion I notice that I feel strangely hot, as if I was seated in front of a bonfire.

I look down, and glare at the fires that suddenly decided they would be warm as well as bright.

As I do so, I notice... the remaining glitter floating off my body and flying in the nonexistant breeze, fluctuating between heading westward and sinking into the rock on which I was sat.

Fascinating.

Absorbed in watching this, its only once the last speck of glitter floats off my torso that I realised...

My extremities are fading away.

Into dust my body also floats like ashes on the wind, following the glitter yet not, floating back from whence I came, I feel like a video in rewind, there is no pain but my mind is l̴i̴k̷e̶ ̴s̶c̴a̶t̷t̷e̸r̶e̵d̸ ̴s̵t̸a̶t̵i̸c̴,̵ ̵a̷l̴l̴ ̴I̵ ̶h̵e̴a̶r̴ ̴i̵s̴ ̴w̶h̴i̷t̴e̸ ̶n̷o̶i̶s̵e̴,̸ ̵n̴o̸w̶ ̸I̵ ̷a̴m̷ ̴j̷u̸s̶t̴ ̷a̸ ̵d̴i̸s̸e̷m̶b̵o̸d̸i̷e̵d̶ ̶h̷e̶a̴d̶,̵ t̶̟̟̞́͂̈́̋̈̏̾̆̐́̑̕͝ḥ̴̨͖͉̰̙̦̮̗̭̦̙̹̝̉̃̊̚i̷̺̺͋̄͑s̶̗͔̗̾̃̾̑̔͗͊̉̄͘͘͠͠ ̷̢͙̯̖̤͚͔͊̿̀͋͒̾̈̈́̂̀i̵̡̙̔͑͐̈́͐́̉͊͒͆͝͝ş̷̛̝̞̩̱̦̩̆̈̔̍̉̌̀͋̒̆̓̚͠ ̵̨̘̞̩̳̞̂̿̾̍̊̚̚͝ä̵̻̲̜̲̟̙̣͙̬̥́͋̓͝l̸̢̾̎̕͝l̷̠̙͖͕͈͊̏̓̄̈́̌̈́͐̾́̂w ŕ. ò ń ģ-̵̳̅́̅̒̐̍͗̎̑̃̀͛̏͠

I gasp, choke on water, and lift my head up and over and I cough and cough and spit out water.

0