2. Info Dump and Conviction
119 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've wanted to write 10,000 words in a chapter, but I got lazy at the end and postponed it for a few days. Since it's killing my motivation, I've started another series RE: Fifth Life to get it back. I'll publish this chapter as is.

Enjoy the 9170-words~

I woke up to a huge surge of memories.

Not memories, to be precise.

They seem to be an inheritance of sorts.

Of techniques, skills, seals. of a Clan of supernatural beasts, including the basic knowledge of what my bloodline does, knowledge of the world's language, and the limits of my abilities.

I am now a hybrid between a human and a race called Mystic Cat

Huh.. would you look at that. A cat. I'm not a fan of cats, but whatever.

Now... this is important.

"System! Are you here?"

.....

No response?

Don't tell me....

I was tricked!?

[Ding! System installation complete!

Updating current information...

Update complete...

You have a mail from the ROB, would you like to take a look?]

"A mail? After sale service? Or maybe a gift? Go ahead. I'm interested."

[Mail]

[From: Level9ROB

To: Host

Subject: Circumstances of host's new body

Hello there! I see that you've safely reincarnated! As the generous ROB that I am, I've decided to explain a bit regarding your new body's circumstances.

First, regarding your parents.

Your father, human, a scumbag through and through. He's a degenerate who got drunk and just randomly fucked an unconscious young lady lying on a side alley. Of course, he went somewhere after doing the deed, and forgot all about it.

Your mother is the young princess of the Mystic Cat Clan, an elusive race who've hidden themselves from society. She got hurt from a battle and staggered to a side alley to recuperate her wounds. Due to being inflicted with  poison, she lost consciousness for a period of time, resulting in your father, a random drunk man, raping her, and leaving after doing the deed.

She decided to just abort the baby after finding out that she's pregnant, but fate had other plans for her, for she lost in a life-and-death battle and was taken prisoner. She sacrificed a part of her bloodline to hide the embarrassing fact that she's pregnant with some random unknown hobo. She was saved eventually from her captivity, but it's already too late. You were already born.

She left her baby. aka you, in a random ship and decided to just mind her own business. She thinks that she has already shown you enough love, and that you should be grateful that she didn't outright kill you. Also, she didn't report of your birth, so other than her, there's no other soul alive who knows of your existence.

The ship you were left in sailed, but was met with an unfortunate storm.

Due to the trigger of the fear from the storm, as well as hunger and tiredness, the bloodline of the Mystic Cat activated passive energy manipulation, keeping you alive and safe till you reached an uninhibited island.

After that, due to overwork of your bloodline, you went unconscious for 2 years, during which you digested the entirety of your inheritance memories. Of course, the passive energy manipulation kept you alive, albeit barely, so I strongly suggest you rehabilitate your body.

Next, about your wishes.

I'll combine the second and fifth wish and give you a birth treasure. The kind you usually see in xianxia. It's form is random, so you have to find it out yourself. It's bound to you and nobody, unless they are even stronger than I am, can mess with it without your conscious permission. It's nigh-indestructible so it's good for escaping life-threatening situations.

Your previous life's karma manifested a little, and your body was altered a little, but it should be of no significance, at least to you, seeing as how your third wish was so weird.

Acceding to your fourth request, I've made it so that you'd get the best bloodline compatible with you. The Mystic Cosmos Cat bloodline, a sub-bloodline of the Mystic Cats specializing in space-based techniques.

Lastly, about the general situation of the world.

This world is a modern supernatural world of yin-yang masters, spirit retainers, sorcerers, cursed and evil spirits, mecha, bloodline ability users, various Clans and races, guilds, etc... Basically, a bunch of genres are shoved in. Be sure to enjoy it as you wish to, or maybe just laze around. Ah, there are some xianxia elements as well. There are cultivators and stuff like that.

As a last warning: Your fourth wish wouldn't make you invincible. While I made it so that you get the best aptitude your soul can endure, there would surely be others with better aptitude than you, so don't get conceited and work hard. I've left you a starter gift pack with nice cards so use that to get a good head start. Do note that there's no shop function in the system so those cards are just single-use items, and they'd expire after an hour so use them wisely.

Well then, have a good life, and hopefully, not die too soon 'coz reincarnating you and again is kinda getting irritating, and awkward.

Adios.

Yours sincerely

The Most-handsome-and-smart ROB]

...

He ignored the last part for now, and carefully thought over his situation.

He is a two-year old now. And has at least the basic knowledge of the language, and understanding of this world. While it's annoying having to rehabilitate from his deep slumber, he could put up with it.

He's grateful that he'd not be burdened with filial piety, seeing as how his birth mother, the only one who is cognizant of his existence, doesn't give a single shit about him. Having to engage in xianxia drama is the last part his mentally tired self, worn out from his previous two lives, desires.

He took some time to digest his inheritance and silently thought over what he should do from now.

'Right, I should open the starter pack, and also check the birth treasure.'

"System, open the starter pack."

[Ding! Starter pack opened!]

[Contents of the starter pack: 1 x Skill Enlightenment Card ; 1 x Skill Upgrade Card (Haxx Grade) ; 2 x Random Skill Card ; 10 x Clothes (of varied sizes) ; 1 x Safe House; 1 x Doctor's Kit ; 1 x Katana ; 100 x Kunai ; 1 x Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos Cat - Pure Bloodline) ; 1 x Records of the Unknown (System Special)]

"Hmm, first, open the random skill card."

[Ding! Skill 'Musical Aptitude' gained!]

[Ding! Skill 'Haki' gained!]

"...Cool. At least one of them turned out great. Now, show me my status screen."

[Status]

  • Name : ?? (Hyozikui Karuiken) (Subject -02) (Last Male of the Female Planet)
  • Age : 2 years (148 years)
  • Bloodline : Mystic Cosmos Cat (Impure)
  • Birth Treasure : ?? (??)
  • Health Status : No anomaly in soul and spirit ; Body needs rehabilitation after a long Hibernation
  • Skills: 
    • Acquired Skills :
      • Musical Aptitude
      • Haki (untrained)
    • Bloodline Skills :
      • Gravity Manipulation
      • Six Eyes - Inactive
      • Hungry Ghost Realm
      • Mana Heart (Impure)
      • Kamui - Inaccessible
      • Amanotejikara
      • Seal Techniques
  • Cards unused : 1 x Skill Activation Card ; 1 x Skill Upgrade Card (Limited Upgrade) ; 2 x Random Skill Card ; 10 x Clothes (of varied sizes) ; 1 x Safe House; 1 x Doctor's Kit ; 1 x Katana ; 100 x Kunai ; 1 x Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos Cat - Pure) ; 1 x Records of the Unknown (System Special)

[End of Status]

"...There are so many bloodline skills, but first, since the cards will expire in an hour, I'd better use them now. System, use the safe mansion card!"

[Please select a location to install Safe House]

He doesn't have much time to use the cards, and his 2 year old body couldn't be used for scouting the place in the limited time so he selected a random spot for the house.

[Installing Safe House...

...Installation complete.]

A big 2 story house appeared. It seems kinda advanced, but he doesn't have time to explore the house. He just went inside and searched for the bedroom, promptly laying down.

"System, open the clothes, doctor's kit, katana and kunai cards and place them somewhere in the house. I'll leave it to you. After that, use the Void Mana Heart card."

[Processing Request..

...using Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos Cat - Pure)]

Pain. His whole body seems to be dismantling and re-arranging. Into something greater, something purer, something more powerful.

He's already used to the pain, but this is on another level.

After what seemed to be an eternity, the pain passed away, and a feeling of comfort rushed over.

He felt light, and strong. He knows it's just an illusion created by the upgrade, so he ignored it.

"System, how long has passed since I used the card? Also, show me the status changes."

[It has been 4 minutes since you used the Void Mana Heart card.]

[Status - changes]

  • Bloodline : Mystic Cosmos Cat (Impure) -> (Slightly Pure)
  • Bloodline Skills:
    • Changed Skills:
      • Gravity Manipulation -> Spatial Manipulation
      • Mana Heart (Impure) -> Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos cat - Pure)
    • New Skills:
      • Six Eyes - Inactive
      • Limitless
      • Transformation - Mystic Cosmos Cat
      • Increased Physical Regeneration

[End of Status]

"Hmm, I should inspect the status and select a skill to upgrade. First, use the skill enlightenment card."

[Please select a skill to use the skill enlightenment on.]

"Hehe, of course, the Six Eyes skill. It's a cheat skill so I need to get it active."

[Using 1x Skill Activation Card on Six Eyes skill...

...processing...]

His senses blanked out. All his senses were shut out. He didn't panic, though. The notification is still active in his field of vision(?) so he figured this is just the normal process and waited it out.

After a while, he got a notification.

[Skill 'Six Eyes' activated.]

When he opened his eyes, he spaced out. The world seemed so different. He could see all around him, to an atomic level even. And he could also see colorful energy, Mana, all around him.  The amount of information is just massive.

If this continues, he might just die solely due to the information overload. It's even useless to shut his eyes, because his Six Eyes is a skill independent of the physical organ. He started to panic, and searched through his inheritance memories. After a while of searching his memories, he found it.

He started following the instructions in his memories and slowly reduced the information to a manageable level.

"I definitely have to be more cautious from now. Good thing I've installed the Safe House before using the Void Mana Heart and Six Eyes skill. Who knows if there are any predators around this island?"

Now, he's only left with the Skill Upgrade card.

"System, how long till the expiry of the cards?"

[50 minutes]

"Hmm, I only have the Skill Upgrade Card. First, let's look at the skill descriptions before jumping to conclusions on what skill to use the card on. System, show me skill descriptions."

[Skill Descriptions]

  • Acquired Skills :
    • Musical Aptitude
      • Description: Heavenly talent in music. Anyone who listens to you, will be enraptured by your voice and music, never to forget. This skill is an AOE type, and does not distinguish between friend and foe, living and non-living. Dependent on your spirit and willpower. As long as your willpower is strong enough, you could take down everyone with your music.
    • Haki (untrained)
      • Description: From One Piece. Haki is a mysterious power that allows the user to utilize their own spiritual energy for various purposes. It has three types. Observation, Armament, and Conqueror's Haki.
        • Observation Haki: Grants the user a sixth sense that allows them to sense the presence, strength, and emotions of others, as well as gain limited precognitive abilities.
        • Armament Haki: Allows the user to use their own spiritual energy to create, in essence, an invisible armor around themself, providing incredible offensive and defensive capabilities.
        • Conqueror's Haki: Allows the user to exert their own willpower over others. A very small number of particularly powerful Haoshoku Haki users, are able to "infuse" their body and weapons with their conquering spirit in a way that is very similar to Armament Haki, greatly augmenting the power of their attacks. After infusing themselves with Conqueror's Haki, the Haki is emitted from the part it is focused at in the form of black lightning.
  • Bloodline Skills :
    • Spatial Manipulation
      • Description: The users can create, shape, move, control, interact and manipulate space, the boundless three-dimensional extent in which objects and events have relative position and direction, within an area of one's choosing, including an area and whatever is inside of that area. They can trap subjects or objects in space and push that space, throwing subject and object away from them or to create wormholes, paradoxes, and other strange events by warping spatial areas and twisting them around.
      • Note: Due to Six Eyes and Limitless, the mana required to use this skill is considerably lessened.
    • Six Eyes
      • Description: From Jujutsu Kaisen. It grants the user extraordinary perception and the ability to utilize the Limitless to its fullest potential. Users can see mana in the air, have 360 degrees vision around themselves, able to see things as small as an atomic level, or things as distant as a few kilometers. Although it is not manifested as a physical organ, the physical eye still gives it a boost, as well as a direction for usage.
    • Hungry Ghost Realm
      • Description: From Naruto. Grants the user the ability to absorb energy of any form. This ability is primarily defensive in nature as it is capable of absorbing energy of any form from an individual through physical contact. This is done by forming a barrier around the user's entire body, allowing them to absorb attacks from all directions. The energy absorbed is passively converted into Void Mana, supplying the user with Void Mana for their own use.
    • Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos Cat - Pure)
      • Description: An evolved form of Mana Heart, capable of storing, and generating massive amounts of Void Mana for the user. It is not physical, and exists in the Origin Space of the user. The stored Void Mana, however, still exists inside the user's body.
    • Kamui - Inaccessible
      • Description: Kamui allows the user to transfer objects to and from the user's own personal dimension. The other application of Kamui, when activated, allows the user to turn his body "intangible", automatically transferring body parts that otherwise would have been in contact with the overlapping matter into Kamui dimension.
      • Note: Kamui is currently inactive due to the personal dimension being inaccessible for use. Do activate the Birth Treasure if you want to use Kamui.
    • Amanotejikara
      • Description: User can shift himself between spaces, causing anything currently occupying the space he targets to swap places with him.  user can also target other objects and individuals with this technique in order to shift them to another space in his surroundings.
    • Seal Techniques
      • Description: Through the use of hand seals, user can manipulate the elemental energies. User can also cast various techniques, such as genjutsu, summoning, among other things. User can also seal things, or concepts, into something, with enough Void Mana.
      • Note: Please digest the inheritance memories fully and comprehend seal techniques before using them so as to avoid any disasters.
    • Transformation - Mystic Cosmos Cat
      • Description: Transform into your true bloodline form. Do note that transforming into this form has both bonuses and penalties on your existing skills.
      • Since you are not of a True Bloodline, the transformation would put a certain amount of burden on your mana.
    • Increased Physical Regeneration
      • Description: Mortal wounds have no effect on you! As long as you have Mana, you can regenerate any time, even if you lose your head. Of course, the speed of regeneration depends on the degree of the wound suffered. And the mental trauma will still be there.

[End of Skill Descriptions]

"....Wow. Even I am envious of this. Isn't this kinda OP?"

Then he remembered the ROB said that there are others who are more talented and OP than this? His newborn arrogance is nipped before it even had a chance to fully form.

"Ugh, I'll think about it when the time comes, first, I should decide which skill to use the Skill Upgrade card on. Wait, how should I unlock the personal dimension?"

[Your personal dimension is inside the Birth Treasure bound to you. It can be unlocked partially now, but the full unlocking requires the host to reach a certain limit in his Void Mana reserves.]

"...Just unlock it as much as possible."

He remembered the ROB said that the form of the birth treasure is random so he's looking forward to what form it takes. He prayed that it won't be something burdensome, and easily portable.

[Ding! Successful! Birth Treasure: Independent Space is now available for partial use.]

[Randomizing the form of Birth Treasure...

...Randomization complete...

Final Birth Treasure Form: Earring]

...He decided not to comment on it. He's grateful that at least it's small and he could carry it on him.

He took out the Earring and inspected it. A black shining drop jewel earring.

"I'm inclined to say that it's not masculine enough, but I'm no more a male so I'd refrain from commenting anything. At least it looks kinda cool."

[Ding! Requirements met! Kamui skill is now available for use. Please note that due to your low mana reserves currently, it's necessary to monitor your current mana to avoid any accidents.]

"I should work on my mana reserves. Since I have a Void Mana Heart, it should be fairly easy to increase my mana capacity. I'll just follow the instructions from my memories. It's specialized for my race so it'll be more efficient. Not like I have any other method to increase it anyways."

He slowly looked through his skills and thought over which skill he'd use the skill upgrade card on.

"System, how much time is remaining?"

[45 minutes before expiry of starter pack]

[Note that the Skill Upgrade card could only be used to upgrade bloodline skills. Acquired skills are not within the range of starter pack, since your body didn't technically possess before 'starting' in this world. Also, skills that require you understand concepts, like Spatial Manipulation and Seal Techniques, cannot be upgraded.]

"Tell that sooner! Oi! Also, I don't understand Spatial Manipulation either, so why is that skill available for use?"

[Spatial Manipulation and Seal Techniques skills are inherited from your bloodline. The required conceptual understanding can only be obtained through combing through your inheritance memories, not by the Skill Upgrade card. Also, you don't have aptitude to upgrade Spatial Manipulation yet.]

He's indignant that he can't upgrade the cheat-like spatial manipulation, but he decided to just use this limited time in better things.

He thought over for a long time, and decided which skill to upgrade.

"Mana is required for almost all things, so upgrading that should pay off more than the other skills. I can upgrade Six Eyes, or defensive skills like Limitless or Hungry Ghost Realm, but having more mana is cool. So Void Mana Heart it is."

[Confirm use Skill Upgrade card on the skill 'Void Mana Heart'?]

He's slightly anxious but still confirmed it.

[Skill Upgrade : Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos Cat - Pure)

Available Upgrades:

-More Mana

-Evolve Mana Heart (50% chance that the skill can degrade or become impure)

-More Regeneration]

"Although evolving the mana heart looks good, but 50% chance isn't something I want to gamble on. Especially since I don't have any method currently to reverse it should it go wrong. I'll choose the first option."

[Confirmed ... processing...]

[Ding! Bloodline evolving!]

He's attacked with another bout of pain.

This time, it's more painful than before. Even though he has a high pain resistance factor, the pain still forced him unconscious.

After a few hours.

He woke up. After slowly getting out of dizziness, he opened his eyes to the system notification

[Skill upgrade and Bloodline evolution completed.

Skill 'Void Mana Heart' evolved. It can now hold 100x more mana than is otherwise possible with the previous skill.]

Bloodline : Mystic Cosmos Cat (Slightly Pure) -> (Moderately Pure)]

.... He's rendered speechless. He thought he'd be happy if he has at least 2x more mana, but this is incredible. 100x mana.

Although Six Eyes is primarily used to negate the use of energy required for Limitless, it could also be used to lessen the use of other techniques drastically. Since he now has 100x more mana, he figured he could splurge mana and just overwhelm his opponents with Final Attack barrages.

"..fufu, just thinking about it is sending shivers through my spine."

After inspecting his status, he realized that he didn't look at how his new body looked. He ignored inspecting his surroundings due to the damn timer for Starter Pack, but now that he's free from it, he realized that he overlooked many things.

"System, can you show my current appearance?"

[Camera function activated]

What came into his view, drew his breath away.

He saw a face, so handsome, so attractive, so... naturally beautiful and otherworldly cute, that it almost seemed impossible to actually exist.

The eyes are the most redeeming feature. Those shining blue eyes.

With slightly pointy ears, sharp canines and a pointy tail of pure white color with shades of purple, almost like a fallen devil, if something like that exists.

A body that seemed to be sculpted to be the most perfect work of art.

There's a aura of dignity, and of something holy, about him. An aura so devilishly charming that it takes one's life away.

None who lay their eyes on him would ever think of doing something bad to it. Sin be to them who think of tarnishing it, a sin no living being would ever think of perpetrating.

But our MC begs to differ.

"This... DAMN THAT ROB! NOW I'M IN HUGE TROUBLE! WHAT'S THE POINT OF MY THIRD WISH IF HE'D DO THIS TO ME! NOW I'M PRACTICALLY A WALKING MAGNET FOR EVERY RANDOM HOBO!"

His past trauma triggered. Of getting used as a genetic test subject, and as a perpetual sex machine. He even went as far as removing any genitals if only he could get away from the trauma. Now, with this face and body, it seems almost impossible to not be subject of sexual fantasies and experimental subject.

He started trembling.

He wished almost everyday for DECADES, no, with both the previous lives combined, for almost a Century, to just have a free life. To live not bound by something. To live unafraid of someone just up and kidnapping him. Assassinations, tortures, kidnapping, he experienced them all. All due to his stupidity. No.

By now, he's sure. The ROB is doing this ON PURPOSE. Why else would he find himself in such abhorrent circumstances just for asking for a strong and healthy body? Why else would he find himself in such depraved situation when he just wanted a harem? (He conveniently forgot that he practically asked for a world full of women as his wish).

He's sure now. The ROB is messing with him. If he gets into society as is, he'd just remain an underdog. No, this is the world of supernaturals. There's no lack of crime running rampant in such a cruel world. There's surely cities and countries being destroyed everyday by evil supernaturals. There's surely people so powerful that they could just up and destroy the planet with but a snap of their fingers.

"And here I am, a weak 2 year old, so beautiful and handsome, that none living have ever encountered. Surely, I'd become a pet of the powerful and resourceful.

And let's not talk about the opposite sex. Though I'm technically not a male, not even a human, surely there's people with some unique tastes among the uncountable population. And they'd surely love to have a decoration such as me in their collection."

Just thinking about the consequences of being seen filled him with such uneasiness and trepidation, that he's considering if he should just up and commit suicide.

"Although I only want to have a peaceful life... sob sob... those monsters..."

He sobbed, wailed and cried with heart out till he no longer felt alive.

He felt aggrieved and betrayed. He trusted the ROB. That, just once, his wish would come true. But no!

"Is this it? I should just die now..."

He went to the kitchen and took a knife, holding it to his throat.

His hands were shaky, and his eyes became tearful again.

"...What's the use of it? Even if I die again, I'd just get reincarnated again. In a similar circumstance. Would there be no end to it?"

It almost seems like the whole world, no the whole universe, is there just to spite him.

That he's the most inferior existence there ever is, and that any random being, should said being hold more power than him, can just toy with him. That he exists just to give entertainment to everyone.

His previous life was like that. He was used as sexual satisfaction material. They said sex feels good for males, and overused me till I died.

And the life before was like that too. He was used for the greater good of humanity.

It was good for them. The population increased for the former, and humans evolved in the latter.

It was good. FOR THEM. bUT He'S nOt INcLUdeD iN THEM. He might never was.

Just why should he continue to feel pain? What sin did he commit? No, something like sin doesn't exist. Sins are defined by the winner. By the powerful. By the resourceful.

"So if I want to ..sob.. get out of this ..sob... almost never-ending pain, the only choice I have is to get stronger?"

When his thoughts reached that point, he stilled.

This world is a supernatural world. Where power rules. As long as one is powerful enough, they can do anything. Laws? Fuck them. There never was something like laws. Flimsy rules humans made themselves. Surely, since they made it themselves, they can break it for themselves. If it's for their sake, they'd do anything.

In other words, if I'm strong enough, I can get away from those hungry bastards.

If I'm crazy enough, there'd be no one crazy who'd try to get closer to me.

Moreover, if I die and get reincarnated agin, I'd become crazy.

If becoming crazy is the first necessity to be strong, then so be it. I'll acquiesce.

"From now on, my only goal shall be strength. Anything stopping me from that is only worthy to get crushed.

I'd take all the strength, and set rules myself.

I'd become king myself.

Those selfish bastards can all burn in hell and I could care less. I don't need my trust returning with backstabbing.

I don't need anyone to get myself to that level. No, I alone am the king. The sole king."

A strong conviction has taken root in his soul. To get away from his past, to not become what he was in the past, he had chosen his path.

"Maybe if I had this conviction right from the beginning, I'd not have fallen to such a pathetic level. Doesn't matter. I only need to work from here. I have all things necessary."

[Ding! Skill 'Conqueror's Haki' has evolved!

Conqueror's Haki (untrained) has become Conqueror's Haki (Beginner)]

[Ding! New skill acquired!

Skill : King's Crown

Description : Due to the host's deep desire to not be bound by rules and laws, and have freedom, he decided to become king himself and set the rules. His strong desire is reciprocated by your bloodline, and combined with his 'Musical Aptitude' and 'Conqueror's Haki', have awakened a new skill!

Effect:

  1. King's Voice: Your voice is the authority! None shall disobey!
  2. King's Gaze: Your gaze shall inflict feelings of inferiority and submission!
  3. King's Strength: Your every attack will now be infused with your will to dominate. To always win, and stand at the very top, is what you exist for.
  4. Skill evolution possible with improvement in your willpower and psyche

Note : This skill heavily depends on your, and your opponent's, willpower. As useful as it is, be careful! If the opponent's willpower overwhelms your own and you doubt yourself, the skill would act against you. This is a double edged sword, so use it wisely.

End of Skill Description]

He's rendered speechless that he'd get a skill like this, but he decided that there's more important things to do than gawk and feel good about getting a new skill.

"It will act as a reminder for this day, when I decided to take charge of my own life and will act as a reminder of my conviction. I, no, This King, shall never forget."

[Ding! Notice: Due your recent resonance with your bloodline, system has detected a Racial Bloodline Treasure hiding within.]

"More buffs? What is the treasure?"

[It's currently unascertainable. System has only detected it due to your bloodline resonating with your conviction and Conqueror's Haki acting as a medium, resulting in a new skill.]

"I see. In other words, if I have enough willpower and conviction, I'd be able to use it? Since this world has xianxia elements to it, maybe the sword is testing me if I'm worthy enough to wield it."

After thinking of possible ways to unlock the Racial Bloodline Treasure and noting them down in the System, he went to the storage room of the Safe House, where the clothes, doctor's bag and his weapons are stored.

"I should preserve the clothes. They'd get torn or used fast. Right, what about the size?"

Checking the clothes, he found out that they all have varied sizes. There's only one that fit his current size.

"Doesn't matter. I'll just wear this till I outgrow it."

After wearing the clothes, he got ready to practice his skills.

"System, transfer me to the practice space."

[Initiating...

... detected that Practice Arena is currently sealed ...

... initiating unsealing process ...

... checking requirements...

... mana requirements met ...

... commencing unsealing ...

...unsealing successful...]

[Ding! Birth Treasure: Independent Space evolved into Birth Treasure: Independent Dimension]

[Commencing transfer of host soul into Practice Space of the Independent Dimension]

He suddenly found himself in a vast colosseum-style building. It's so vast that he could barely see the edges while straining his Six Eyes.

"It seems the requirements are mana. Judging from the size of this thing, it makes sense. Good thing I upgraded the Void Mana Heart. Otherwise who knows how long it'll take me to unlock this function. Tch, damn ROB, laying a trap everywhere.

For now, tell me the functions of the Practice Space."

[Self-repairing Practice Space functions]

[You can come here with either your body, or just your soul. Any changes in skills, unless it's physical, can be carried over. Physical skills, such as muscle memory and such will be upgraded by coming here with your body.]

[System passively records the data of the opponents you fight. Take note that system cannot detect the skills opponent hasn't used. It'll then project a copy of the previous opponent in the Arena for the host to practice.]

[The host can adjust the settings of the practice dummies. Do take note that this Arena is not governed by the rules of your world. In other words, you can set the opponents' skills and appearances to whatever you wish to. Even skills like Reality Manipulation, Time Manipulation, etc. are allowed. You can set famous monsters like Cthulhu, Shoggoth, etc.. from your imagination as your opponents!]

[You could tamper with your own skills and get yourself a handicap, or a boost, as you wish to. You can set a few practice dummies as your allies, and fight wars against an army of practice dummies.]

[You can freely change the geography of the Practice Arena to however you wish to. Blackholes, surface of the sun, outerspace, deep sea, anything.]

[You can be revived for infinite times in this Space. And can even change the time dilation and gravity depending on your spiritual power. Of course, System will automatically limit the host if System judges that host is unable to take it any longer. Do note that if you bring your physical body, time dilation will not be activated.]

[In case you only wish to enter the Space with your spirit, System can manage your body in the real world and act according to your instructions. You can monitor the real world from this Space via a Screen, and can even remotely control your body.]

[Do note that you could not bring anyone inside this place. This is solely for your own use.]

[Please note that time dilation is a function that only works in the first 5 years of use. It is a gift from the ROB so use that time wisely.

[End of Self-repairing Practice Space functions - Description]

"...This is kinda OP. I have a good head start so I should utilize that well. Even though the time dilation function's limit kinda irks me."


five Years After.

I'd spent most of his time in the Practice Space, abusing it's time dilation functions and getting those skills up.

I visited the Independent Dimension too, and it's a peaceful place. He could edit the Dimension however he wish to, but I've set the default to a green grassy meadow with a huge tree in the middle, and a sea of clouds in a shining blue sky. With just the perfect amount of sunlight and temperature, truly the perfect place for a nap.

I've practiced fighting an army of overpowered supernatural dummies, and also fought a lot of nonsensical monsters.

I've developed my Taijutsu to almost impossible-to-improve-anymore level. At least physically. It took 2000 years of non-stop battling in the Practice Space against nonsensically powerful opponents and constantly honing myself to reach such a high level. I've even developed a new Physical Enhancement skill by pumping myself with huge ass Void Mana reserves. Experimenting a little, I found out that I can destroy a planet the size of Earth if I use all of my Void Mana reserves in a single punch. Saitama-style, Go!

I've developed ninjutsus through the use of Seal Techniques, through trial and error. Badass techniques from Naruto are just not enough in this world, as the ROB said this world has xianxia elements to it. Those kind of techniques will practically be everywhere in a xianxia world. Though this is not a true xianxia world, I won't neglect the possibility that there may be Dao Ancestors and such overpowered people somewhere. So I've developed dangerous jutsus by suicide development. It paid off hugely. I spent a whooping 1500 years developing and mastering the use of jutsus in the Practice space. 

The most powerful jutsu I've developed is Hollow Technique: Purple. It's a Jujutsu technique taken inspiration from Gojo Satoru. It's powerful enough to eradicate a planet the size of Jupiter. Although Physical Enhancement is still better in terms of mana efficiency, it's not comparable in terms of pure destruction compared to Hollow Technique: Purple.

A world with xianxia elements to it should have people who can control life and death, cause and effect, fate and destiny, and such nonsensical superpowers, so destroying a planet is nothing big. At most, I can be considered a middle-tier. I'm assuming the strongest existences can rewrite reality and restart the universe, and things like that. Compared to that, I'm still a beginner.

Tch, let's not get there. It's annoying to think I'm still weak after thousands of years of practice.

I've unsealed my Racial Bloodline Treasure 2 years ago. It's in the form of almost-indestructible claws, and only activates when I'm in the Mystic Cosmos Cat form. Of course, I've developed ways to fight as a cat too. Since it's my primary bloodline and it's skills take a huge portion in my Skill Status, I've trained in that form to a limit too. In fact, my most powerful attack is a void mana-charged claw attack from my bloodline claws. Imagine my surprise when even the Sun was cut in half after charging the claws full-power. Even though I've worked so hard to develop my taijutsu and ninjutsus, a single bloodline advantage almost made that tough work a joke. Good thing that the bloodline belongs to me but it does hit hard just how much bloodline and potential influences a person's future.

Since I have Seal Techniques from my bloodline skills, I've developed two famous skills: Gate of Babylon and Enkidu, both being almost equal to the original Fate version. I don't have the knowledge to make Enkidu able to seal divinity, but it's the best Seal Technique I can currently deploy without any prior preparations.

Like that, other than testing my skills on a real opponent, I've developed in everything in the past five years.

These days, I find it very hard to develop my powers. It's like there's a barrier on my power level, and no matter what I do, I can't develop further than this. I can increase my repertoire of skills, but I can't increase the damage of my ultimate skills.

This is how my status looks like.

[Status]

  • Name : ?? (Hyozikui Karuiken) (Subject -02) (Last Male of the Female Planet)
  • Age : 7 years (153 years)
  • Bloodline : Mystic Cosmos Cat (Moderately Pure)
  • Birth Treasure : Independent Dimension (Includes Practice Space)
  • Racial Bloodline Treasure: Claws
  • Health Status : No anomaly in soul, spirit or body
  • Skills: 
    • Acquired Skills :
      • Musical Aptitude
      • Haki
      • Jutsus
      • Taijutsu(including Kenjutsu, Kunaijutsu)
      • Resistances
        • Elemental Resistance
        • Pain Resistance
        • Poison Resistance
      • Tail Techniques
      • Increased Physical Regeneration
      • Seal Technique
        • Limit Chains
        • Gate of Babylon
      • Physical enhancement (with Void Mana)
      • Jujutsu Techniques
        • Cursed Technique Lapse: Blue
        • Cursed Technique Reversal: Red
        • Hollow Technique: Purple
    • Bloodline Skills :
      • Spatial Manipulation
      • Six Eyes
      • Limitless
      • Hungry Ghost Realm
      • Void Mana Heart (Mystic Cosmos Cat - Pure)
      • Kamui
      • Amanotejikara
      • Seal Techniques
      • Transformation - Mystic Cosmos Cat

[End of Status]

 A true sight to behold. A testament to my hardwork over the years. Thousands of years of hard work, if you include the time spent in Practice Space.

My only complaint is that I can't increase my Mana capacity in the Practice Space. Tch, if that were possible, I'd be much stronger.

One thing to note is that Six Eyes haven't evolved much. It seems it's strictly limited to bloodline purity. Of course, my control is already godly, but it's kinda frustrating 'coz it seems like it's reminding me of my inherent limits everytime I look at my Status.

Well, I'll still just lay low till I'm the most powerful existence in the universe before making my appearance.

Is what I thought but it seems fate has other plans for me.


First things first.

What comes to mind when you read the word 'fantasy'?

Swords, magic, wars, heroes, demon lords, and stuff like that.

Among them, there's one existence who's said to be on a league of it's own.

A dragon.

Every story that described a dragon, will describe it as something at the top of the foodchain.

Imagine my surprise when such an entity just showed up in the sky above the island.

I'm kinda tempted to test my strength against the dragon but I won't take chances. I've swiftly transferred to the Independent Dimension, both body and spirit, and am now waiting there.

My earring cannot be transferred over because it acts as an anchor to the dimension in the real world, but surely, such a small earring will go unnoticed by a colossal dragon?

After a while.

My fears were unfounded and the dragon left the place.

With that, he sighed, thinking that he's not that unlucky.

Just for precaution, he stayed inside for a few more hours before coming out.

As soon as he came out.

"As expected. There's someone living here. And it seems you are a rare space-time ability user. You should do a better job hiding. The house over there is a sure giveaway that someone's living here. And the jewel too. You should use a more normal space anchor if you don't want to be noticed."[Dragon]

A majestic voice sounded from his back, freezing him over. He slowly turned back, and what greeted him is a handsome young man with an arrogant look in his eyes. He has yellow hair, slitted red eyes, dragon horns and a dragon tail.

It's over. He's totally the arrogant young master character. My life is over. Even if I kill him now, surely, there'd be old ones in his Clan coming over to take revenge. A never-ending cycle of hatred. I'm done for.

While he's thinking like that with an ashen face, the dragon froze over too.

Such a perfect face. Now that I look at him, his aura has a 'royal' sense to it. Maybe he's from a famous Clan? Hmm, of course, he is. No ordinary person can have such perfect looks and aura. [Dragon]

After checking him out, the dragon came to a conclusion.

He seems to be from the Mystic Cat Clan. Judging from how he's just glaringly releasing his spiritual energy, maybe he doesn't want an altercation and is indirectly announcing his background to avoid disputes? Or maybe he's just so prideful and doesn't care about the 'Hunters'? Judging from his aura alone, he does seem to be kind of prideful, but who knows? I'm kinda interested in him now. [Dragon]

"What's your name, young boy? Where are you from?" [Dragon]

The dragon spoke.

A name.... What was my name again? I don't think my mother of this life named me. At least I don't know of it yet. Should I just use my name? Or maybe a code? Hmm.. a code, it is. Since my subject code is 02, I'll call myself Nii from now on.

"Nii. My name is Nii. I am from that house over there" Answered I, pointing at the Safe House with my hand. [Nii]

He spoke in the language he learned from his inheritance memories. It seems the dragon is speaking in another language so it's kinda tough to interpret it.

The dragon froze again.

His voice is so cute. And it's pleasant to hear. He's definitely not ordinary. [Dragon]

He ignored the child's last sentence and his silly hand gesture and spoke.

"Why are you speaking in archaic? Cut that out, while it's interesting to talk like that, it shows no respect for those stronger than you. And there are only a handful who understands that language. You should be grateful that it's me who's talking to you. You would be dead ten times over for this transgression." [Dragon]

Though, he definitely won't admit that he's irritated because he doesn't know much archaic language.

"I don't know any other language. I only know this one language from the inheritance of my bloodline." [Nii]

It's true. He doesn't know the language of the world, and just assumed the language he knew as the one used in this world.

"Huh? You learned archaic language from your inheritance memories? Why waste your precious bloodline blessing time in something so useless? What about the combat abilities, techniques, cultivation methods and the like?" [Dragon]

It seems the dragon is surprised. Is there a limited time for learning the inheritance memories or something? It seems sleeping for 2 years is a blessing in disguise. Phew, I got a massive headstart, didn't I? For now, I'll extract as much info as I can from him before the inevitable battle.[Nii]

"What is 'bloodline blessing time'? Also, I learned some of the cultivation and battle techniques from my inheritance too." [Nii]

"How did you have the tim- No, never mind that. You don't know 'bloodline blessing time'? How did you get your inheritance then?" [Dragon]

This is troublesome. I'll just act as a child and get over this. [Nii]

"I kinda just know them in my mind? I don't know what you're talking about. All I remember is living in his island since I can remember. And I can already recognize the language and stuff like that. They were all in my memories for as long as I'm aware." [Nii]

The dragon fell silent.

This kid... Is he a cast out? But he doesn't look even 10 years old and from what he's telling, it looks like he's abandoned, rather than getting casted out for doing something wrong. If he's talented enough to get inheritance memories without the help of the ritual, and even learn other unknown and useless things on top of battle and cultivation techniques, he's a genius. No, even a 'genius' is not a befitting term for him. Who would abandon such a prodigy? Hmm... should I bring him over to the Mystic Cat Clan and earn brownie points from him? And the Clan would owe me too. With his talent, as long as he doesn't die, he'd become someone truly powerful. Yosh, for now, let's win him over. [Dragon]

"Hey kiddo, do you want to meet your parents and family? If you follow me, I'll take you to them." [Dragon]

Why is he acting like he's talking to a child? Wait, I look like a child now, don't I? This is getting more and more troublesome by the second. It seems he's let his guard down seeing my cute appearances. Did he forget that I just used spatial technique to transfer over here? Idiot. Argh, forget it, I can't talk in this cute manner anymore. It seems like he won't give me any important information I want. Should I jump him? Ambush him while he's distracted? I have thousands of years of combat experience. Surely, it'd be enough to at least battle a young dragon? Yosh, let's give up all pretenses and see how he reacts. If he's calm, then he's more dangerous. If he gets angry, then it just means he's not anyone important in his Clan. [Nii]

"Don't call me 'kiddo', idiot. I don't want to go over to those worthless scum who don't recognize my value and abandoned me." [Nii]

The dragon froze, again.

His aura changed suddenly. Is he possessed by something? I don't sense any soul fluctuations so it doesn't seem to be the case. Is he throwing a tantrum or something then? Does he hate his Clan? This is troublesome. I don't want to ignore a Mystic Cat seemingly-stranded-in-an-isolated-island situation, and one so young and talented to boot. Let's talk a little nicely. [Dragon]

"See, Nii-cha-" [Dragon]

The dragon froze, again.

Hehe, he fell for it, although he noticed it at the last moment. I chose that nickname for that precise reason. Now everyone has to call me Nii-san. But they should be grateful, coz I'm at least a few millennia old. Even though I spent all that time in the Practice Space, it still counts. He should be grateful he's not calling me Ancestor-sama. Hmph. [Nii]

With twitching lips, the dragon continued.

"That was intentional, wasn't it? Sigh, children these days... Whatever. I'll give you an advice as your senior. Listen well, you should give respect to those stronger than you, or else you might incur their wrath unknowingly." [Dragon]

This dragon... no, this kid is telling me he's stronger than me? Hah, This King has spent countless years training. Are you sure you can talk that big? Let's irritate him more. [Nii]

"Then 'you' should talk formally to me, boy. I'm stronger than you. Much, much stronger." [Nii]

That seemed to irk the dragon.

"It seems you won't talk nicely unless you get hit a few times. Unruly children get punishments. Remember well." [Dragon]

...

After a few hours.

"I give up! I give up! Release me! Damn, aren't you ashamed, parading as an young'un when you're an old man inside?" [Dragon]

Long story short, Nii just released his Seal Technique: Enkidu to seal the dragon's mana. But it was not enough to stop him. A dragon has a strong physique so he tried to overwhelm Nii physically, which again ended in failure when Nii just coated himself with Physical Enhancement. After beating him up for a few hours, he finally gave in.

"Damn, if only I had mana. You wouldn't harass me like this. A mystic cat's mana heart can never compare to a dragon's mana heart. I'd surely win!" [Dragon]

"Huh, you have a lot of energy for someone who gave up. Well then, I'll release the chains so try your best." [Nii]

Beating up the dragon gave Nii a lot of confidence that he can take on him even without him bound by Enkidu.

Needless to say, a dragon's mana is very high. The battle lasted for a few days before the dragon got exhausted and just went unconscious.

It seems I've underestimated him very much. Dragons sure have great stamina, to be able to last a few days of hardcore fighting before running out of mana. I'm concerned if his pride will not allow him to accept my victory, but I can't run away forever. I'll make him my slave, or kill him if he doesn't obey. [Nii]

After a few hours, the dragon woke up.

"For the time being, please forgive my earlier rudeness. I've failed to realize your strength and treated you as a member of younger generation, two mistakes that are surely infuriating for someone of your status." [Dragon]

It seems he has a misunderstanding regarding my true age. Whatever. I'll use this to my advantage. [Nii]

"It's fine. But you've yet to introduce yourself, young man." [Nii]

Speaking like this sure feels good. [Nii]

"Ah, I'm sorry for my lack of manners. My name is Long Taokin, the twelfth grandson of the fifth elder of the True Dragon Clan of the continent of Huxia." [Taokin]

Ah, Huxia. Such a nostalgic name. After spending millennia in the Practice Space, those memories have become distant. Although I can recall them clearly, hearing it from another person is just a different feeling. For now, let's dig for information. [Nii]

"You need not lower yourself like that, young'un. Your defeat is predetermined before we even started our battle. Now tell me, what do you think of the Mystic Cat Clan?" [Nii]

"The Mystic Cat Clan are a glorious people. Although they've fallen after losing a major part of their inheritance ritual methods, their bloodline is still recognized to this day. Being a part of the Seven Mystic Clans of the Chaotic World era, their bloodline and strength is one of the purest in all the world. After the Soul World Blackout last year, they've made an appearance in the human society and contributed to stabilizing the chaos that threatened the world, acting as mediators between ability users and ordinary people. They are one of the top five Clans of the Sakura Island nation, and are recognized for their bizarre spatial manipulation ability. Their Limitless technique is truly a wonder, the strongest shield known to the world. Though they are in a state of decline due to losing two Saint-grade elders in the Blackout, they still hold their position as the top five of Sakura Island well, speaking volumes of their foundation. Respected Elder, since you hold so much strength and are able to subdue me easily without breaking a sweat, as well as outlasting a dragon's mana reserves, surely you must have a high position in your Clan? Please forgive this junior for his transgression. I'll leave here and say no word of anything related to you to another soul. I promise on my Mana Heart that I'll not break the promise." [Taokin]

...That's a lot of information. It seems the Mystic Cat Clan is a great force of this 'Sakura Island Nation'. And they're in a decline.

Also, it seems my strength is significant in this world? Did I perhaps misinterpret the power levels of this world? Huh?


After inquiring Taokin about how the power levels of this world are classified, I've come to a conclusion.

I'm hella strong in this world.

Like, I'm strong enough to contend for the position of the strongest man on the planet.

Huh, that's new. I always thought that since this is a world with xianxia elements to it, there'd be people strong enough to destroy universe somewhere out there. Or maybe this dunderhead here just doesn't know that people like that truly exist? Twelfth grandson of the Fifth Elder of True Dragon Clan. Maybe his position is just not enough?

Hmm, good to know that all my training actually paid off but this still seems fishy. I'll not outright believe his words but I'll keep them in mind.

After inquiring about many things about the world, I've left him go. The language problem, I can deal with that later. I've recorded his conversations so the System could analyze it for me later.

About the results of my inquiry:

I've inquired about the strongest man ever and from what I heard, it seems 'Seimei Kamijou', the strongest Yin-Yang master, is considered the strongest man in history. At his prime, he is said to be able to manipulate reality, though it was just written off as baseless speculation and rumors in present day society. There are even some arguments that he's still alive.

As for Yin yang masters, it seems they are spiritual ability users. 

They have a Yin-Yang seal, and are capable of sealing spirits into their retainer's bodies, allowing those retainers to use the spirit's powers and assist the Yin yang master.

Seimei Kamijou is said to have 3 high grade spirit-branded retainers, more than 500 middle grade spirit-branded retainers, and countless low grade spirit-branded retainers. In the present day, the highest grade the spirit-branded retainers and Yin yang masters can achieve is agreed to be medium level according to the power level conventions of that era. Since then, the power level classifications are continuously modified, with the present day High(high) being classified as that era's Medium(High) and the present day's Low(low) is classified as that era's Lowest(low).

Further asking about the history of the world, I've concluded that this world seemed to be a mix between Jujutsu Kaisen, Naruto, One Piece, and the chinese novel 'NEET Receives A Dating Sim Game Leveling System'. It seems that when the ROB said that there are xianxia elements to this world, he meant that novel. Ugh, I've been fooled. GG, ROB. You won.

"Now that I look back, it seems I've almost reached my goal. Now, I only need to invent a method to rewrite reality, or maybe find a way to improve my bloodline so as to continue evolving."

3