Chapter 2
707 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*ding*

What was that?

You gained the class skill tame (rare)

You are able to tame animals. If the level of the target is higher than yours the chance to tame it are drastically lowered. cooldown: 1 hour                                                                                                                                                                                                       cost: 50 mana

                     

You have gained the subskill omnibond of tame (unique, onetime-use)

You are able to tame an animal or beast independent of the level of the target.                                                                                      Warning: By using this skill you bind your soul to another soul. This is permanent. Consequences can be: class change, corruption of mind and fractures of the soul after the death of one of the bonded                                                                             cost: 10 mana

That’s the skill the admin talked about but the dangers are pretty bad. What is a fractured soul? Where am I even?

I looked around and noticed that I was in some kind of jungle. It was hot and the atmosphere was very menacing. 

I remembered the survival training I did when I was 25 or so. So I picked one direction and started walking. My goal was to find a place where I could stay till I founnd some kind of civilization.

I wondered: if this world has a game-like system, is there a status?

I concentrated and thought: Status!

Name: ??? Attributes: Strenght: 11 Skills: tame-omnibond      
Class: Tamer   Agility: 13          
Level: 1   Healthiness: 11          
Titles: none   Recovery: 9          
Health: 110/110   Endurance: 10          
Stamina: 100/100   Intelligence: 9          
Mana: 90/90   Wisdom: 12          
      Charisma: 12          
                   
                   

I thought that my stats were okay but it bugged me that my intelligence was only 9.

 I often had to sidestep spiderwebs because I didn't know if they were venomus. After an hour I saw a dog sized spider which ate some kind of leopard. That freaked the shit out of me. I ran some time but then I had to stop because my stamina was very low. After an hour I proceded.

After sometime I reached the ruins of a village. The dirt around the village was scorched and around the village were burned fields. The good news was that somewhere in this region were people and the bad news was that they didn't seem to be peaceful. In the middle of the village was a spring with clean water. I decided that this would be my camp for tonight.

Almost all houses but one were destroyed and most roofs were collapsed. I didn't find anything useful in the ruins. It was a good thing that I didn't find corpses which meant that the villagers managed to flee or something ate them or they fleed and then were eaten. In retrospect this isn't a positiv thing.

I went into the safe house.

It was very dark inside the house but it was clearly a library. I didn’t know the language the books were written in. I searched for a nice corner and laid down. Despite having such a difficult day I fell asleep very quickly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night because I had an uneasy feeling. It felt like the walls wanted to eat me. At first I believed that I was paranoid but then I heard a *slug*. I was immediately alarmed. I stood with my back to the wall and with a big book in my hands to defend myself. And then I felt something one my shoulder. I turned frightened around and saw some kind of tentacle with little needles attached to it. I panicked and tried to run away but in the darkness I wasn’t able to find the exit. There appeared more and more tentacles while frantically tried to flee.

Standing in the middle of the room while trying to hit tentacles with a book I used tame on one of the tentacles.

tame failed

One came from the right and I tried to hit it with the book. *whoomp* Yeah! The tentacle retreated. Shit. The tentacles came nearer and nearer from all sides. I did the only other thing I could do:

 

I used Omnibond

12