Chapter 6
458 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I arrived in the library I welcomed Haylor “You should move more or you will grow roots”

“ hahaha. You are very funny. I am a building not a tree, herbalist.”

I asked Haylor: “You know that I am a tamer and because of that I ask you what kind of pet you would recommend for me?”

“Oh you are asking the great Haylor for advice. Hmm. I don’t know  if I will help a pitiful mortal.”

“Just forget it. I will get a book and read about pets myself”

“Wait. I don’t want you to cripple your future with a poor choice. Have you forgotten that shared-life thing?”

“No. So what’s your advice?”                                              

“You should summon a familiar”

“And what’s that?”

“A familiar is an entity that matches your soul.”

“Is that like a soulmate?”

“Yes but a soulmate isn’t an animal or beast while a familiar is one. It will be absolutely loyal and understand you absolutely. I devoured once an old mage and his familiar. I got so sick from their love to each other in their memories that I almost grew a mouth only to vomit.”

“Oh okay and how do I summon a familiar?”

“You should know where the book is with the corresponding information and don’t forget we open in one hour”

“Yes, you lazy library”

In the evening--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I read the book and took care of 6 clients from which only 5 returned. The Library closed and I got these notifications:

You earned 500 exp for the librarian of doom.

Librarian of doom reached level 3

“Do you have all the materials needed for the summoning or do I need to go on a shopping tour.”

“No, I have all the needed stuff. It is in the storage.  You wouldn’t believe what weird things people have in their pockets and of course I don’t throw it away after I end them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was really everything I needed in the storage. I even found some of my hair which was also an ingredient in the storage. What a stalker.

I drew the runic circle with the blood of a virgin that was killed by a knife made out of cursed silver. I could have also used chalk but Haylor thought that this would make it more secure. I put the ingredients in the form of a pentagram inside the circle. I put 11 strands of my hair in the middle. After that I stepped out of the ritual-circle. I started to speak the spell.

I had trained that for an hour till Haylor said that it would be unlikely that it would explode into my face.

It sounded a little bit like Latin but I wasn’t the most attentive student:” Ego te voco. Ego te voco, comes. Accede! Accede! Defende me, cum me veni et cum me vive! …”

After I spoke the spell it felt like there was a thunderstorm in the room. The air became dry, I felt some kind of mystical pressure and my hair floated away from my head.

As fast as this happened it disappeared again and in the middle of the room rose a humanoid shape that looked exactly like me. Its whole body was black and only its eyes glowed white. I used tame on it.

Tame was successful

You have tamed your familiar

You have tamed a living shadow (level 1)

10