Break Out The Goodbyes
275 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[View of the Laboratory just before Azriel is sucked into the Poké Ball]

 

Gallia watched as the Poké Ball flew through the air. She and the rest of the gathered Pokémon watch him in surprise. 

 

No Pokémon would ever try something like that, but Azriel wasn't a normal Pokémon.

 

The moment that his hand touched the ball, his matter was turned into energy. The moment a Poké Ball came in contact with any Pokémon, it would somehow jet back and then attempt to capture its energy.

 

The inside of the balls had reflective plates inside them, and if a Pokémons energy came in contact with one of them, it could slow and redirect the energy. The purpose of this was to get the energy reflecting off all the plates to synchronize with the ball's Energy Harmonics System.

 

Azriel was sucked into the Poké Ball, and it snapped shut, falling to the ground with a clank on the metal floor of the lab. The ball started to shake as everyone's adrenaline started to pump up, slowing the moment down.

 

All the Pokémon watched with rapt attention as Azriel fought for his freedom. There was a lot on the line right now.

 

"What happens if he isn't able to break free?" Jackie asked with concern.

 

In her Squirtle form now, the girls had found Jackie and the rest of themselves clothes. She was now standing in a bright blue bikini that looked strange with her natural yellow undershell covering.

 

"We can just let him free, right?" Misty asked with hesitation in her voice.

 

She was a newly minted Pokémon, so she had never been inside a Poké Ball, nor had she asked her Pokémon what it was like. Most humans never thought about that type of thing, good or bad, but that was the way they were designed.

 

"We can let him go, but I don't know what kind of mental effect the EHS will have on him. We still don't know how it is able to negatively affect our energy system or why it only works on Pokémon. We have Humans trying to figure the technologies out, but the tech is ancient, and the secrets are kept hidden. Ash is the only one that has access to it now, and we are not having any luck with them," Wendy, the beautiful Lugia with thick hips and chest explained.

 

Azriel hit the glass at that moment, and the room went silent. It was the first shake and flash of red on the Poké Ball catch-release button to the outside world. 

 

Everyone's eyes were glued to the ball, but the grey-skinned Diancie, Tracy, spoke. She was wearing a white dress, and she had a large pink gem on her forehead, but her hair was flowing pink gems.  

 

"Giovanni said that as far as they can tell, there is reflective glass, copper pins, and what we assume is the energy source. The problem is that when anything is tampered with on the Poké Ball, it emits a strange high pitch frequency that causes the ball to turn to dust. It's the same way they do after a catch attempt fails; all that's left after is dust and copper pins," Tracy said in frustration, having had many conversations with Wendy about this very problem.

 

Suddenly, everyone's attention was brought back when the Poké Ball broke open.

 

A flash of white energy became a gasping Azriel. He dropped to one knee, panting and scrubbing his face with his hands.

 

[Azriel's view]

 

My anger and rage increased my size dramatically, and I felt the Poké Ball burst open. I was thrown back into my body, and I immediately gasped for air, dropping to my knees.

 

"I think I am going to… Poké-Puke! Good lord, you better not get hit by one of those things again! It was like being a fricken ping pong ball!" Dirty Harry growled from my pocket as I scrubbed my hands over my face.

 

What the actual fuck was that? Was that what every Pokémon felt when they were captured?

 

"Yes, and for the weaker ones, it is much harder for them to summon enough energy to break free. When we are injured, we still feel the pain inside the balls. That is why it is easier to catch a pokemon that is near fainting, but the Poké Ball does stabilize us until we can be taken to a Poké-Center," Gallia explained as I finally was able to get my breathing under control.

 

I Looked up at the beautiful Gardevoir as she walked over with a smile, offering me a hand up. I accepted her hand and stood back up with her help, but I started to look around.

 

"Where is the ball that I was in?" I asked curiously, and Gallia pointed to a pile of grey dust.

 

I walked over to where it was and bent down to the floor to push through the pile with my finger. The material was gritty like metal, and I found some orange pieces of metal with a bit of digging.

 

"Do we know what the Poké Balls are made of?" I asked as I picked up one of the small metal pieces that had to be copper.

 

"They are made out of some type of ceramic that we aren't able to duplicate. Even if we could, we don't know anything about them. Long ago, trainers used to make their own, but now all the information has been sealed away. I have not had a chance to introduce myself; I am Kelis, the last Zerora!" Kelis explained to me.

 

She stated the last part was a bit more proud than one might think was appropriate, but they had been through a lot. Each had probably been through their own hell's over the years to be able to survive, and this could be her way of hinting to me.

 

[Each of us is the last of our kinds, and I have always been the only one of my kind.] Melina said in my mind.

4