Ask, Not Force
219 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While it wasn't really a shock to me that Joy was a Pokémon, it was still interesting. There was really no other explanation for there being so many identical copies of her and Jenny.

The next question was who Jenny evolved from. There was a chance that she was a single evolution Pokémon, but I didn't think that was the case.

Still, Mr. Mime and Jinx both had very human appearances. I had never really dug too deep into the theories or anything like this, but I did remember something I read in a library.

[Yes, at one time, humans and Pokémon lived together, and we could talk, but wars and time changed things. Most Pokémon chose to return to their primal, animalistic nature, and over time, most lost the ability to say more than their own names. Jenny is the third evolution Arcanine from Growlithe, but neither Joy nor Jenny has powers or abilities like we do.] Gallia explained to me as I watched the three Caterpie work on the cocoon I was wrapped in.

'How does that even happen? For them to evolve? Also, there is no way the teal-haired Jenny is the evolution of the orange fire hound!'

[You will see when you meet her in Pewter settlement. She no longer dyes her hair, but humans still don't know about her or Joy, so I suggest you don't change that. It could put them in danger all around the world.] Gallia explained.

"Your clothes are bizarre, and our silk wouldn't stick to them. You should be able to get out now," one of the childlike voices said to me, and I looked down.

The Caterpie had just finished opening up the cocoon, so I began to push my arms out. I was able to get out fine, but then I had to get my other hand spit by Beatrice, who was called back into the netted area.

"Where did… Bella go?" I asked as Beatrice came back into the place I was being held.

"Hmm? How do you know my daughter's name?" Beatrice asked as her expression began to darken.

“Gallia, the Gardevoir told me. She is in my head and no longer in the control of Professor Oak.

Beatrice's eyes went big, and she stepped back from me at the mention of Gallia. Then her expression became curious when I mentioned her no longer under the control of Oak.

"What do you mean? Where is Oak? How did you get Gallia away from him? She is Oak's prized toy; how is she free of him, and is she okay?" Beatrice asked with concern growing in her voice, but then she spit on my hand.

"Oak is dead, and I am the one that killed him. I also restored Gallia, getting her off the Gloom Juice. I have others working on helping Oak's other Pokémon off it as well," I explained, and that made Beatrice start to laugh to my surprise.

"That monster is dead?! And you are the one that killed him? A human-shaped Pokémon?! I bet he didn't see that one coming! I sure didn't!" Beatrice laughed out and then started to laugh again as my hand was freed.

I finally took a good look around, but there was nothing to see. The entire area was white grey thread with two exits, but nothing else stood out.

"I am the Harbinger that Pokémon have been waiting for, and I am here to turn the tides. I will fix this world, and it will look like nothing you have ever seen when I am done. I will bring Pokémon to a world where it is safe for you to live how you choose!" I said, getting into my speech at the end, but that still just got me more laughter.

"You do know that we kill and eat each other, right?" Beatrice told me after she got her laughter under control.

"Yes, and I suppose that you all do it for fun? When was the last time you caught a human in a Poké Ball? Forced them to do anything against their will?" I asked as I cleaned the rest of the sticky silk off my hands.

"You make a fair point, but what are you going to do? All human minds have been messed up, and that isn't the only thing. Do you plan on killing everyone? How are you going to stop them? You have only met one Human so far, right?" Beatrice asked me but then turned to the exit that she had come in through and waved for me to follow her.

"No, I have met another girl, Jackie, but I turned her into a Squirtle. I won't be able to help everyone, and I will kill those who refuse to give up. I am not a hero; I am this world's redemption," I explained.

Beatrice stopped in the middle of the silk tunnel and stood still for a moment. Then she turned around with a severe look on her face that I had yet to see.

"We will see. Viridian will be your first test and real experience of what this world is about. For tonight, I would like you to spend it with my daughter. I am not offering her to you; she can make her own choices. I don't know what kind of Pokémon you are, but I would like for you to try and make a connection with her," Beatrice explained to me, and I raised my eyebrow.

"You are contradicting yourself. You say you are not offering your daughter up to me, yet you tell me to make a connection with her?" I asked, but Beatrice shook her head.

"Things are not so simple, and a Beedrill named Bernerd has been attacking us to try and steal Bella. If you make a connection, he will be forced to fight you by the stupid broken code he follows. He always sticks to his rules if I can say anything about the Pokémon. I asked you to try, not to force yourself on her!" Beatrice said, scolding me.

4