Two Modes
206 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, you said that he would fight me? He is a Beedrill! I am not that high of a level yet!" I said, thinking about the Pokémon.

In truth, all bug Pokémon were weak to my Psychic Attacks, but I had very little battle experience. I didn't really want to get in a life or death fight just yet, without getting some kind of actual fighting in first.

I only had one battle, and that was with possibly the worst Squirtle that was ever born into this world. There was also hitting Professor Oak with the Poké-Cracker, and then breaking his neck, but that wasn't something I could rely on.

I would save my staff from defending against thrown balls and using it on the Trainers I met. I had my unique abilities, but I didn't want to think about what would happen if I used one of them to kill a Human.

A time would come where it would happen, but I would use the conventional method for now. Weapons, or my bare hands, the same way humans have across time.

"I think that you are stronger than you think, and if you can defeat him, he will leave us alone. I know that this is a lot to ask of you, but we lost our last Metapod to him, and there is no one but the children left to defend us. Bella is young and not strong enough to defend herself yet," Beatrice explained, and I rubbed at my smooth chin.

"You can trick the idiot if you know what code he is following, but I agree that you should wait to fight a Beedrill. Even with your Psychic Wave, he might be too strong, depending on how strong he is. Without more of my functions, I can't even tell what your current level is at or the equivalent to yet," Hary explained from my coat pocket, surprising both of us.

"Is that the thing that was making those horrible comments while the children were pulling you up? If that is a Pokédex, you should destroy it," Beatrice said with her eyes fixed on my pocket where the voice was coming from.

"While I agree that he should be destroyed, that's impossible. Plus, he is actually helpful most of the time; he just isn't that charming," I said as I pulled Harry out of my chest pocket and opened him up to show her while explaining, "Harry is a Breedé-Dex, and connected to me in some way."

Beatrice came closer to me slowly to look at it but then backed away from me. I could see the look of distrust in her eyes, and I was curious why she would have such a distaste for Pokédexs.

'Does the Pokédex have some power that I am not aware of?' After sending a nudge to Gallia, I asked, and she responded right away.

[No, but they contain all information about every pokemon that has ever been caught. We are always at a disadvantage against anyone equipped with one of these things.] Gallia explained to me, and I understood, sort of.

"Okay, so it reveals our weaknesses, but for a Pokémon to have one should seem like a good thing, right?" I asked, but Beatrice shook her head no.

"Pokémon can't use the Pokédex, so they are useless to us. What does that one say about me if it is so different?" The old Butterfree asked me, and I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Old Ass Butterfree! Probably smells like a foot, looks like she is past expiry, and has spit that probably tastes like battery acid! She also has a personality to match the flavor of her spit! I do NOT suggest breeding with this Zubat posing as a butterfly!" Dirty Harry barked out and then started to laugh.

I almost didn't want to open my eyes, but to keep them closed any longer would have been awkward. I opened them to Beatrice's startled and aghast-looking face.

The woman even had her hands up in the air as if to block the words. The problem was that words could be sharper than any knife rolling off the tip of a skilled tongue.

"Sorry, but you had that one coming. Meet Dirty Harry, the Breedé-Dex. He has two modes; calm and what you just got," I said and then took a deep breath in and out.

Even though the tunnel was solid, my weight made the silk floors stretch. I was concerned that I might fall through; I was sure that I had been lifted relatively high up into the trees.

I didn't want to find out how tall the tree was that way, and Beatrice seemed to finally notice my shifting.

"You don't have to worry about the silk ripping. It is very strong, and you would need to use a very sharp blade to rip it. We are quite high up in the air, but you will not fall if you stand in one spot too long. Come, and I will take you to my daughter now," Beatrice explained as she turned to continue leading me.

I still hadn't agreed to do anything with Bella, but I wasn't entirely opposed to the idea. I just had things that I needed to deal with first before taking on something like an experienced Pokémon.

Then I was led out of the tunnel and into a much larger area where there was a bed-like area in the center of the room. Bella was waiting there on the bed, sitting cross-legged with her giant wings moving gently behind her.

"Thank you, mother, but I can handle him from here," Bella said as I walked over with Beatrice, who nodded her head to her daughter in acquiescence.

"Yes, my child, but please remember what we talked about. You should consider it for the safety of us all and the continuation of our breed," the old Butterfree said before turning back around to leave the room, leaving the two of us alone.

3