Built Differently
187 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, but Bella waved me over with a smile.

It had been different with the other women, and the environment had felt more controlled back in the house and the lab. The truth was that something was overwhelming about this woman, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

[Bella is powerful and constantly trained alone and with her sister, but none of her other siblings took her seriously. Or that was the way she was when she was a Caterpie.] Gallia explained to me.

I was having a hard time imagining a Caterpie doing any training. The idea almost made my head hurt from the ridiculousness of it, but there was no mistake with the strength she was exhibiting.

'Then how come she can defend herself anymore?' I asked Gallia in confusion.

[I am not sure, but I would assume that it has something to do with her sister, Becca, not being there. The two were inseparable before the world changed, but I have been cut off from them since Oak changed.] Gallia explained to me, and I mentally sighed.

This was hardly the worst of what I would have to face, but that didn't make it any less wrong.

I walked over to the bed, sat down on the edge of it, and turned my body to face Bella. She had a cute smile, and she was staring at me with her massive red multi-faceted eyes.

"I am sure that my mother has talked to you about my… problem with Bernerd, right?" Bella asked me with a slightly hopeful expression on her face.

"Right to the point, hmm? Yes, she did, and I agree that what is happening is strong, but I don't know if I am strong enough to help you yet," I explained, and that seemed to drain the little bit of hope she had left, and I let out an audible sigh.

Getting involved with Pokémon affairs was not part of the plan, and I had other things that I needed to get done. I didn't have time to deal with problems like this yet.

[But you are still going to get involved?] Gallia asked me in a genuinely questioning tone that surprised me.

'I don't have any choice.'

[You always have a choice and don't think that this one is the right one for you to be making. I agree that you don't have time for this right now.] Gallia explained, but that wasn't how I worked.

"I can't fight him now, but if I take you out of the forest, will the Beedrill still try to chase you?" I asked, and the tiny bit of hope returned to Bella's pretty face.

"Yes, he doesn't care about my mother or my children, but that won't save you from him," Bella explained to me, but I shook my head.

"I plan on going into Viridian and then Pewter, so I don't think that he will follow us into either of the towns, right?" I asked, and Bella's purple skin began to pale, and she looked like she was going to be sick.

"Into the towns? Are you kidding me? Don't you know what they would do to a Pokémon if they caught an unregistered one in town? You don't want to know!" Bella explained to me with a fright that surprised me.

I knew that the humans were bad, but they were just the opposite of before, right? They should be the corny, yet sometimes evil, evil-type, right?

[No, they are all monsters that are evil to the core. The ones that weren't were killed, and other people have come to fill the places of the ones that died. Bella is rightfully scared. I heard many savage tales from some of the sailors and other tales Oak had heard from other trainers in the area.] Gallia explained, and I could feel the disgust in the thoughts that she projected to me.

I hadn't really thought about what it was going to be like in the towns yet, but this was not inspiring. Maybe dealing with this Beedrill was what I should be doing first.

I was going to need to get some experience considering I was about to put myself against all of the towns of Viridian. I might be able to sneak by at first, but they would figure out that I wasn't human at some point.

The last thing I wanted was for them to plan to jump me when I wasn't looking. If this world was as messed up as it seemed, that was the type of thing that I was going to have to be very wary of when it came to humans.

"All right, but when is this Bernerd the Beedrill supposed to attack? Will he be coming tonight?" I asked, and Bella's eyes seemed to become more prominent as she put her hands over her mouth in surprise.

"Are you sure? You just seemed like you didn't want to do it, right? I don't want my alluring beauty to cause you to make decisions that you wouldn't normally make. I am no stranger to men of all breeds lusting after me," Bella explained shyly, adding to her cuteness.

"While your beauty is quite alluring, that is not the reason that I am going to help you. You need my help, and I just figured out that I am going to have to be a lot stronger to take on entire towns of people," I explained, and Bella nodded, bringing her hands down in front of herself, clasped together.

"You are so much different than any man that I have ever met. You are fast to make choices, but you are also just as fast to change them if there is a better way. Most choose a plan and stick with it, no matter if it works or not!" Bella said to me, and I grinned as I turned the rest of my body around on the bed.

"Some of us are just built differently," I said with a smile as I crawled onto the bed towards the beautiful creature in front of me.

2