Shifting Worlds
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I tried to exit the place from the tunnel that I had assumed I had entered, but the place where I should have been able to exit was covered. This whole place was starting to confuse me, and upon turning back around and walking back, the room had disappeared.

"This is a vision of a time that has since passed, Dragon. I have brought you here to talk, but this place and events are real, but they are long since past."

I turned around at the sound of the voice, but there was no man behind me. Instead, there was a shapeless black form behind me.

The world around us fell away as I stared into the darkness that pulsed with a wrongness that made me sick to my stomach. I didn't know who this thing was, but at the same time, I somehow knew this feeling.

"Who are you, and am I still in a dream?" I asked the amorphous form, but everything shifted instead of getting an answer.

Suddenly, I was back in the bedroom where I had first woken up, and I was in bed. Things were different.

The bed I was in was much larger, and the room seemed to be filled with more things. On top of waking in a changed room, I was no longer alone in the bed.

"Azriel? Why are you awake so early? Did you hear Jessie?" Misty asked me as she rolled over to look me directly in the eyes.

Misty was human again, but who was this, Jessie?

"Jessie?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound groggy.

"Your daughter? Look, I know that you have many children, but you should really work on remembering their names!" Misty scolded me with a smile, but then she kissed me.

The press of her soft lips filled my body with excitement, making me hard. Misty reached down as we kissed and started to rub my shaft, making me more excited.

I tried to wrap my arms around Misty to pull her closer to me, but she froze the moment that I tried. The kiss stopped, and so did her breathing, making me pull back slowly with shock.

"This life, and so much more could be yours, Dragon," The dark, shapeless voice called to me, and I looked up from Misty's eyes.

The darkness had now become man-shaped, but it had no details. The figure stood beside my bed, and I could feel the waves of wrongness rolling off of it.

It was hard to even look directly at the creature because I felt sick to my stomach when I did. It was like standing at the edge of a pit and looking into a darkness that had no bottom.

"I already have this life, and I am fine with Misty as she is," I said as I tried to stare where the eyes were supposed to be.

"Really? Then what about these ones?" The darkness asked, and suddenly I was walking in a palace, led by two guards.

Thankfully, I was no longer naked, but I was wearing a strange yet familiar red coat. I assumed the guards were taking me to see one of my wives, the Queen of Cairhien, Elayne Trakand.

Suddenly, I stopped dead in the middle of the hallway as my mind was flooded with flashes of everyone I had ever known. Both guards stopped with me, but neither of them said a word as I struggled to cope with the images filling my head.

Elayne, Aviendha, and Min's faces and the times that we had spent together, loved together poured through my head. I looked down at my hands, but they were now tanned, and I remembered that I had been reborn into Moridin's body.

I ran.

I knew these halls and the place that Elayne would be, and the guards followed me without words. They were not here to guide me; they were my guards meant to stay by my side as I roamed the city and castle.

It took me no time to reach the reading room where Elayne had told me to meet. I threw open the door, and to my surprise, all three of my wives were standing and facing the door.

"Rand? Are you alright?" Min asked as she gave me a strange look.

"I'm not sure. What are all three of you doing here?! I thought that only Elayne was to be here?" I asked.

It was all coming back to me now.

I had just come back from seeing my father and Perrin down in the Two Rivers. I had to be secretive about my visits, but that was half my fun nowadays.

Still, I was only supposed to see Elayne today, but seeing the other girls was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. I turned and nodded to the guards, who both to spots on either side of the outside door as I closed it.

After the door latch fell into place, I turned back around. I could feel Min's eyes trying to bore holes in my skull, so I turned to her.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked with a smirk.

That broke Min's stare as she rolled her eyes at me, which also made me realize that she wasn't staring at my face. My wife was seeing visions above my head, as was her ability.

"What are all these strange-," Min started to ask but then froze.

I looked over, and both Aviendha and Elayne had frozen, and suddenly the blood in my veins went ice cold. I turned around as I felt the power of the Dark One from behind me.

I tried to grab Sadin, but it wasn't there. I had been cut off from all forms of power, but I wasn't helpless, but this shouldn't be possible.

"I Sealed you away, Shai'tan! How is it that you are here now?" I demanded as a man-made from the night itself from before me.

"See how easily you forget that world? Why even bother with it?" The Dark One asked me, and then suddenly, my eyes were forced shut.

I could feel the world spinning around me, and I fell to the floor, but it wasn't a stone floor. I opened my eyes up to see the blue face of Misty looking down on me with worry.

"Aziel?! Are you okay?" Misty asked me, and I really wasn't sure.

'Remember, Dragon. That life could be yours; I can have the power to bring it back. You can live in that world forever!' The voice of the Dark One whispered in my mind.

0