V1-C5: The Killing of a Faerie
184 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Lord! A boar to your left!”

Zero turned to his left, in his right hand was a Beginner’s Iron Sword, and he slashed the boar’s arm.

The boar, stunned from the pain, pulled back. Brian saw the opportunity and jumped next to Zero and stabbed the boar till it died.

<<System Notification: You have levelled up!>>

Zero was pleased to see the notification, it has been three days since he started the expedition and already, he had found countless beasts roaming around the forest.

He didn’t dare go deep however, as he realised the deeper he goes in, the higher level the mob.

“Status!”

[STATUS]
Name – Zero Sky
Level – 6
Occupation – None
Bloodline – None

Attributes –
Strength: 43 (Below Average)
Speed: 45 (Below Average)
Stamina: 53 (Average)
Intelligence: 70 (Above Average) 
Wisdom: 30 (Below Average)
Charisma: 300 (Maxed-out God-tier)
Luck: 291 (God-tier)

Skills –
Cultivation: King’s Cultivation (Level 1)
Passive: King’s Aura (Level 1)
The Art of the Longsword (Level 1)

He realised that every time he levels up, he is able to choose which stat he wants to upgrade. After thinking about it, he has decided to invest it mostly in Stamina so that he could keep up with Brian and his villagers.

Going by what status tells him, below average means that Zero has stats worse than a average villager.

The current goal of the expedition was to find a mountain that had some sort of ores so that Zero could start creating weapons in case someone invades his lands.

It has been a tough journey, but a rewarding one for Zero has his stats continue to grow slowly.

“Lord! I have found something!”

One of the villagers’ approach Zero who was resting on a rock, Zero stood up and patted the villagers shoulder causing the villager to kneel instantly.

Zero did not see this however, as he rushed towards the location the villager had pointed too.

“Oh my god.”

What Zero saw was something that came out of a myth, a huge mountain with rivers pouring from the top. The sunshine hitting the rocks causing the whole area to start glowing while the birds around him start to sing.

Brian who heard his lord say something went towards him and also saw the site, however what he had saw caused Brian to stand there in a daze.

“Brian, search for any ores or minerals. You two, follow and help him, I shall search the area on my own.”

“But my lord that is dangerous!”

Brian rejected the idea of Zero going alone, so Zero agreed with Brian’s choice and allowed one of the villagers to follow him.

“Daniel, stick by me and if you see anything tell me.”

Daniel heard his lord and nodded, he was honoured to go with the lord!

Zero and Daniel continued to walk around, after ten minutes they had found a cave.

Zero took out his sword from his sheathe and slowly walked in, he was scared but he knew from all the games he had played in the past that areas like this must have something excellent.

Daniel who saw his lord also took out his sword, he followed closely as they entered the cave.

The whole area was dark, and Daniel who had a torch in his bag started to light it up and the whole cave became bright.

On the wall, were drawings of stick figures. Zero stared at it for awhile and realised that he could not understand anything from it, probably his intelligence was too low to understand it.

“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

A long and loud squeal echoed across the cave, and Zero who heard this stood there in panic. He did not know what to do, Daniel however, woke up from his daze and grabbed his lord to safety.

“LORD!”

Brian and the villager Nick who heard the scream from outside the cave ran in and saw his lord and Daniel hiding.

“Brian, you are the strongest so please check out what that beast is and return safely.”

Brian who heard this nodded and rushed toward the noise, Zero stood up and slowly advanced to the next cover with the rest.

“Lord! Run, it’s a Faerie! Run now!”

Zero heard Brian and quickly ran towards Brian without the care for his life, Daniel and Nick who saw his lord followed him despite being scared.

What Zero saw was Brian fighting against a small faerie.

“Analyse!”

Beast: Faerie
Bloodline: God Fairy
Power: Pro Level

 

Seeing the stats, Zero was afraid of Brian dying, although Brian was a general, due to his injury his power has lowered to the Expert level.

“Brian, I shall help!”

“Lord!?”

Brian who heard his lord was extremely confused, why would his lord risk his life to save him.

Zero did not care about Brian’s confused look and grabbed the iron sword from his sheathe, a huge rat appeared before him in a flash however.

But Zero did not care, with a slash to the throat, the rat instantly died.

<<DING! System Notification: You have levelled up, allocate what you wish to upgrade>>

Zero allocated all of his points to speed, causing his speed level to go up from 45 to 53.

The faerie took her eyes off of Brian for a split second, seeing her subordinate die caused her to rage.

“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

The long screeching scream from the faerie caused Zero’s eardrums to almost explode, and the faerie rushed towards Zero.

“LORD NO!”

Brian’s scream echoed across the whole cave, but Zero stood there without a care in the world.

‘I think this should work right? Oh, please work!’

He was praying that this plan in his head works, and as the faerie drew near, Zero raised his eyes staring straight at the Faerie.

“KING’S AURA!”
The whole cave was then covered in a golden light, the faerie who saw the changes within her body started to scream loud but she could not help it. She knelt before Zero with tears in her eyes, and Zero with his sword slashed the kneeling Faerie down with a strike of his sword.

<<DING! You have levelled up your King’s Aura to level 2!>>

<<DING! You have slayed Faerie, and has gained the God Fairy bloodline.>>

Zero did not hear these pings however, and his body collapsed on the ground. Brian who was still in reverence from the King’s Aura Zero had used, saw his lord collapsing and quickly picked him up taking him back to the village as quickly as possible.

 

On Earth, the world had changed completely. The United Nations had disbanded and many big powers from across the world were establishing themselves within the Promised Lands.

<<Lords, teleporters shall be given to you in three days allowing you access to the Cities across the Promised Lands.>>

1