Chapter 54 – The Next Step
685 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evolutionary Options Remaining - 2

 

Slime Options – 2 Viable Options

Tier 4 – Boss Copycat Slime Requirements Met

Tier 4 - Aerial King Slime Requirements Met

 

After eliminating all the options he didn’t want to go for he was left with nothing but Slimes he quickly eliminated Earth Emperor Slime and King Water Slime as well. He would not take anything that restricted him to water or required him to remain underground. That one time he had been waterboarded was enough to send a shiver down his spine at the idea of entering a body of water deeper than his waist. Drowning and being buried alive had really changed his attitude towards both underground and underwater activities. The mob really knew how to put the fear of the elements into a person.

 

Still, he wasn’t stupid. He would use all the tools at his disposal. Those spells would still come in handy and he was absolutely going to go to town with them! Also, he was sure he could get used to the idea of being in water….he shuddered, and… underground. Another tremble racked his whole body as he tried to calm himself. Air was safe at least and he hadn’t encountered Fire yet. Those mobsters were always very creative…

 

Thirty minutes left to decide, plenty of time.

 

Out of the three viable options, only two had their criteria met, which meant that he only had two viable options. The alternative was to go back underground before the timer ran out and Consume and Consolidate until he achieved the required Density. He was only halfway there so it would take a lot. No, that was never going to happen. So out of the two choices, which one, Boss Copycat or Aerial King….

Tier 4 - Aerial King Slime

Requirements: Be an Aerial Slime Level 10, have Insectoid Wings, Level 10+

Description: Aerial King Slime is a greater form of Aerial Slime, retain the abilities of Aerial Slime and more!

Evolutionary Bonus: +5 Intellect, +4 Accuracy, +5 Reaction, +7 Speed, +5 Perception, +45HP, +10HP Regen +30SP, +5SP Regen, +10% chance to Assimilate Wings and Wing related objects.

Requirements Met

 

Tier 4 – Boss Copycat Slime

Requirements: Be a Tier 3 Slime – Level 10. Have Assimilated at least 30 different traits in total.

Description: Boss Copycat Slime is a Tier above Copycat Slime and even better at taking on traits of other creatures. It is so good in fact that if you become a Boss Copycat Slime some of its traits becomes so deeply ingrained that they will never leave you, becoming an integral part of your DNA. You get a +20% chance to successfully Assimilate. Assimilate gets a 20x boost to experience.

Evolutionary Bonus: +12 Intellect, +8 Accuracy, +6 Reaction, +5 Perception, +55HP, +15 HP Regen +8 SP, +3 SP Regen, +30 MP, +8 MP Regen

Requirements Met

 

Both are good but realistically Boss Copycat Slime is the only option right now, Assimilate is the reason for my survival up to this point. It is the reason so many evolutionary options are available to me and the higher my Assimilation chance the better. More experience for Assimilate is also the best way for me to make it much stronger. That will serve me better right now and then I can choose Aerial King Slime after. Also, there is no way I can pass up an evolution with the word “Boss” in it, I want to finally feel like a Mafia Don!

 

Boss Copycat Slime!

 

Decision made, things started happening quickly. Aarav’s senses faded and when they came back it seemed no time had passed, the sun sat in a similar position in the sky but the nagging feeling of wanting to enter the ground was finally gone. He could rest easy knowing that being underground was no longer required. It was followed by several follow up notifications.

 

You have chosen Tier 4 – Boss Copycat Slime! You are now Boss Copycat Slime Level 1!

 

Experience requirements reset as this is your first Tier 4 evolution.

 

Boss Copycat Slimes are very good at copying and absorbing traits from other creatures. You will have no penalties for being above ground but instead will have penalties for your activities on land and in the soil.

 

You have lost Earth-Based Talent Earth Born +9. Earth Affinity returns to 0%.

 

You have gained +10 Levels to Land Dwelling! You will not gain any experience from being in your natural habitat!

 

Congratulations on reaching Level 25! Land Dwelling has evolved into Land Lubber. Skill Land Lubber means that movement penalty above ground is reduced from -70% to -50%, penalty for natural recovery above ground reduced from -40% to -30%. Penalties will only apply to species that do not naturally occur above ground. This species has no penalties above ground.

 

You get 20x Exp for Assimilate as well as a +20% chance to successfully Assimilate. In addition, despite Assimilate being a Slime ability with this evolution you will retain all Slime abilities forever, this is an integral part of who you are now, you can never walk away from being a Slime!

 

You may enter the soil and water for a duration determined by your respective Skills before you need to surface fully to reset your time. Failure to return will mean that your body loses cohesion at a rate of 1g per second and disintegrates or dissipates.

 

+12 Intellect, +8 Accuracy, +6 Reaction, +5 Perception, +55HP, +15 HP Regen +8 SP, +3 SP Regen, +30 MP, +8 MP Regen

 

Your first statistic to surpass 100 is Intellect, you have gained the ability to read thoughts and understand them to a lesser degree, continue to grow your mental stats to gain greater power and control of this ability.

 

All HP, MP and SP have been restored on Evolution!

 

Boom! With that evolution, he had at least managed to restore his HP, MP and SP. The comment about being a Slime forever was pretty ominous but maybe that was just how he felt, and recovery was still only at 10%. That couldn’t be helped though, there were still twelve days left of the cooldown on that. Copycat would smooth things out and push him forward. Also since this was his first Tier 4 evolution it meant that he would be able to level up much faster than before. Checking the requirement he saw the following requirement:

 

Level 1 – 7                                           Level 2 – 14                                         Level 3 – 21

Level 4 – 28                                         Level 5 – 35                                         Level 6 – 42

Level 7 – 49                                         Level 8 – 56                                         Level 9 – 442

Level 10 – 70                                      Level 11 – 77                                      Level 12 – 84

Level 13 – 91                                      Level 14 – 98                                      Level 15 – MAX

 

So Tier 3 Evolutions max out at Level 10 and Tier 4 maxes out at Level 15. The experience requirement for a level at Tier 3 is 4 additional experience points per level. Now it is 7 at Tier 4. That’s a big difference and with the number of options growing it will become very expensive to keep sticking to Tier 4 Evolutions. Well, this one is easy so no need to worry about that now! Right now Assimilate is one of the lowest level skills that I have. Time for a serious boost!

 

A lot had happened in just the last hour and with the additional stress of evolving, Aarav decided a nap was well deserved. The Intellect notification that he had received was also interesting Aarav had felt his mind’s eye open and he could feel more of the world around him. It was as if his understanding of the world had…improved? It was like the creatures of the forest were more tuned in than the white noise he could hear from them before. It was going to be interesting to test this new capability further. He might need to encounter sentient life to test it properly. The town he had come across before came to mind.

 

There is no point in speculating on this further but I would be lying if I didn’t say mind-reading was one of the powers I had most wished for, I could have found so many cash houses from the dealers in India alone!

 

As he unfurled his wings for the second time in what felt like ages he thought how incredible it felt to be in the air free and alive and without mobsters chasing him. It was a blessing, this “afterlife” and even though he had started as a slime, he could eat a few humans and gain those traits. He had not been opposed to a little killing in a place where it was illegal so why would he have a problem with it here? Assimilate would be the key to getting him a body that could hand what he wanted to do. This latest evolution had sealed that skill to his soul. It would never leave him, which only meant good things for Aarav or Resh or whoever he was now.

 

It was time to put his new Assimilation skill to the test. The hunt was on and just like the Ants had fled before him, so too would all the others, they would rue the day they saw Aarav.

13