Chapter 142 – Restrictions
114 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

You have reached 10kg! This is a threshold weight, and your attacks and physical skills will gain additional damage for getting to this weight! Double damage now that you have reached 10kg!

 

Due to your low Tier, you will not be able to gain the full benefit of reaching the weight threshold. 50% Penalty to benefits received. These benefits will be restored when you reach Tier 6!

 

Unprecedented Circumstance: Sentient Tier 4 being detected!

 

Due to your Sapience at Tier 4 penalty has been mitigated. You will receive the full benefit of your weight class! The following Weight class is 100kg!

 

Your Skill Supreme Consume has increased to Level 53!

...

 

Your Skill Supreme Consume has increased to Level 66!

 

Aarav was confused, to say the least. Wouldn’t it have made more sense for the messages to just figure out the discrepancy and correct it before displaying everything? The information also told him one undeniable thing, there shouldn’t be any sentient beings at Tier 4. Yet he had been sentient even before that, perhaps even from Tier 1. It was also clear that the Supreme Consume skill quickly became one of his most potent. If he kept up this pace, it might even outstrip Language Connoisseur. Only seven or eight hours had passed, and he was still what would have constituted a one-year-old back in the old world. Haemish said he looked about four and a half or five now.

 

Aarav still found it fascinating that humans born in different worlds could look similar yet start so different. What did it mean for the skeletal structure, bone density, or other developmental changes? Then again, the system would adjust everything as a person aged.

 

The following weight class was 100kg? It would be a while before he could comfortably get to that. For now, he was happy to stick to a child’s form. As the day progressed, Boren and Haemish couldn’t help but steal glances at the being that was literally growing before their eyes. What started as a 3kg fairy in the morning quickly became a 10kg human baby by the middle of the day.

 

But Aarav was not content to stop there; he wanted to reach Boren’s size if he could before the day was out. With the improvements to Supreme Consume, it was not even a stretch.

 

Your Skill Supreme Consume has increased to Level 67!

...

 

Your Skill Supreme Consume has increased to Level 70!

 

Congratulations, your Skill has reached the Fourth Plateau Level 70! Your Skill Supreme Consume has evolved into Insatiable Consume. You can now Consume 7g of matter per Skill Level, and experience gained increased from 5 Exp per gram Consumed to 7 Exp per gram Consumed. Continue to Consume Weight, and you will soon be able to engulf the world!

 

Your Skill Supreme Consume has increased to Level 71!

...

 

Your Skill Supreme Consume has increased to Level 76!

 

Aarav felt like this skill was starting to get a little broken, just like Language Connoisseur was. But he was not one to shun a great power. Still, while this was a great skill, it was also utterly useless in combat. He was way too slow in Consuming to actually be able to dissolve an enemy before they got some hit in on him. And the concentration that the Skill required had increased as well, to the point it was a struggle to keep it going at the maximum speed while working on his other tasks. Maybe that was one of the checks and balances this world had put in place to ensure nothing got out of hand? He was going to have to improve his mental capabilities if he wanted to be able to do more with these Skills, Talents and Spells.

 

Once his bulk had reached 10kg and beyond, it was also becoming more and more difficult to control. Was this also a result of his lower Tier? Initially, he had thought it was just getting used to moving around with a larger body. Still, the more Weight he incorporated into his being, the more he realised how unsteady he really was. Creating two additional legs and feet so that he walked on four legs and had two hands made a slight difference, but he was still unstable compared to before.

 

Aarav was two feet tall and walking on four legs of necessity, not a choice by the end of the day. With his weight close to 17kg, it was a massive difference from what he had before. He regretted adding so much Weight so quickly and not allowing enough time to get used to it. I am going to have to learn to walk all over again.

 

Newton’s damn Third Law, I didn’t think the consequences of doing this would be so severe. It was probably something he should have considered, but the more Aarav moved around, the more he realised how out of shape and place he felt. Like the Slime was a water balloon full to bursting, and any slight movement would have him spilling his insides as he tore from the pressure. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant feeling. Somehow it had crept up on him and was only now registering. This could be a problem.

 

Warning! Your growth has become unstable!

 

Tier and Density are too low to support this Weight!

 

Volume Stable!

 

Checking to see if the environment is safe…

 

The environment has been established as secure.

 

Strong Consolidation Initiated!

 

“I must have pushed too far. Ah, crap.” Aarav said in a faint tone before collapsing to the ground, and he lost consciousness.

 

Meanwhile, the messages continued to appear and disappear in rapid succession.

 

Consolidating 16,692g of Weight and 3272.94cm3 of Volume and 5.1g/cm3 into 3,338.40g and 629.89cm3 and 5.3g/cm3 would take 3days, 20hr 44min. Would you like to Strong Consolidate now?

 

Confirmation overridden! Strong Consolidation confirmed. Strong Consolidation has begun!

 

As usual with everything in Aarav’s life, it always had consequences, just like testing and pushing with the Talent when he completely destroyed his ability to Consume, Absorb, or Digest. Now he had done the same with Weight and Volume. Actually, only Weight, Volume was fine, and he guessed that had something to do with his high Density. Still, it appeared that his Tier was holding him back at the moment. Did that mean that his Density was enough or even that it was too low? Or that they compensated for each other, so if he raised his Density enough, it would make up for a lower Tier?

 

At the moment, there were too many questions, and his ability to think was fading as the Strong Consolidate process took over his functions. He tried to say something to alert Haemish and Boren that he was fine, which was his body's protection mechanism. Not that he knew anymore about the protection mechanism than they did. I wish I could…. But Aarav didn’t manage to finish the thought.

 

**********************************

 

There was a dull thud, and both Boren and Haemish looked up from their workstations. Neither had looked at Aarav’s swelling form in the last five minutes. The incredible sight of visible growth loses its novelty after the first ten hours. While interesting, Boren was now more interested in the glass dishes of Slime that he was playing with, ahem, experimenting with. They are so cute! And all he wanted to do was pour a bit of soil on them and watch as they absorbed it all without a spec left or visible. No matter what he threw in or how much, it drank it all in time. A lot like Aarav, it was so much fun to watch. Ahem, it is an exciting experiment. He amended in his mind.

 

When the sound echoed in the room, both occupants turned to look at the noise source only to find a collapsed Aarav. Not only had he collapsed to the floor, but he was also out of his fairy form, albeit now very large and began spreading across the floor like he was planning to clean up. He seemed to be losing cohesion. What could this possibly mean?

 

The first thought that crossed Boren’s panicking mind was, am I destined for all my friends to leave me when I get close or let them in? Am I truly that unlucky? He immediately admonished himself as he watched his friend spilling across the floor in what Boren could only guess were death throws.

 

“What is happening!?” Boren yelled, trying to scoop together then gel mass, “This is like what happened at the forge!”

 

Haemish, only a little calmer than the child, asked in return, “what do you mean at the forge!? What happened?” Haemish got on his hands and knees and started scooping Aarav back together, trying to keep him in a globular shape without cutting or splitting him. It was a tiresome process, and soon he was calling for Boren to grab a bucket so they could pour Aarav into it and keep him whole. “Tell me what happened as you get the bucket!”

4