Chapter 9: Ambush
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the distance a group of soldiers were visible, it seemed they were coming with intentions to harm Celestia. That of course meant they were from the KA. "Pieces of shit. HEY DRIVER!" Celestia was trying to get the drivers attention, it seemed to fail so she then continued to just stick her hand right through the front of the wagon.

"OH SHIT." The driver was of course, like anyone else would be, surprised. He then proceeded to ask the following, "W-what is it?"

"Stop the fucking wagon." Celestia shot back.

"O-of course." The wagon proceeded to come to a complete stop, Celestia stepped out and put her hand forward.

"Rot in hell you vermin." As soon as she said that dirt started clumping together. "And say hello to mother nature for me." They slowly started resembling tiny sharp points, almost like daggers.

The incoming group of soldiers started noticing and one said, "Hey captain? Is it just me or does it look like there are a lot of tiny projectiles up ahead?"

The captain of the group squinted his eyes, "Yeah, it kind of does, doesn't... it." His eyes widened as he noticed that they were inching closer and closer, faster than their horses were carrying them. "FUCK, INCOMING, BRING YOUR SHIELDS UP." Everyone within the group started bringing their shields up, some didn't do it fast enough and were then penetrated by sharp groups of dirt compressed into dagger like blades.

A figure then started running towards the remaining members. "SHIT SHIT SHIT. WHY WERE WE GIVEN HORSES. WE HAVE VEHICLES NOW." He then remembered that those were in short supply from the previous battles that had taken place, although they probably still wouldn't have stood a chance against the oncoming enemy. He put his head back and then yelled, "IT'S JUST ONE PERSON, WE CAN DO THIS!"

"A-are you sure si-" Someone said, right before a spear made of unknown metals penetrated their skull, the spear was subsequently pulled out and their body fell to the ground, their horse just continuing along it's way. Everyone started firing their guns, bullets were flying everywhere although the carriage that Celestia was riding in was protected by a mana barrier so it remained undamaged and the driver would not die.

Even though they were shooting at where they thought Celestia was they couldn't hit her, they started to lose hope. "Oh god... We're fucked. We're fucked. W-we're fu---cked." The soldiers' conditions were slowly deteriorating as they broke out in absolute anarchy and doubts of if they would survive because they couldn't hit anything, they were like lambs in a field and a wolf was hunting them down.

Celestia held onto the spear tightly and then violently threw it at a row of soldiers, it went through all of them and then hit the ground and blew up into tiny pieces of a dark substance, it seemed as if the matter which the spear was made of then disappeared completely. 

Celestia then said a silent incantation and a slick sword formed in her hands. She rushed towards the supposed captain and quickly flung her sword in a slashing motion at his neck, his last words were as follows, "Who the fuck did they send us to kill." Right after the last word his head flew off, cleanly, towards the ground and hit it with am audible crack against the stone gravel that was the road. His gun also made a sound as it hit the ground, she picked it up, it seemed to be a bolt action rifle, she stowed it away inside of her spatial magic before continuing on her rampage.

"THE CAPTAIN IS DEAD."

"W-wasn't he a high tiered swordsman, what the fuck is going on... God save me."

She then started to quickly go from horse to horse knocking the soldiers on top of them off while cutting them in half or at least their head off. 

After all of them were dead she slowly walked away and jerked her sword back to shake the blood off, behind her lay a several heads and at least a dozen bodies. "Some people should pick their fights more wisely, not like they can anymore." She let go of the sword and it dissipated into nothing, just like the spear.

She walked back towards the wagon and once she reached it she told the driver to continue forward and to try and avoid the bodies. As she opened the door she also noted that the heads may be a bit harder to avoid and then she got into the wagon to enjoy the rest of the ride while reading a book she had... liberated from one of the dead soldiers.

Location; Temporary war room of the Minterl army:

"Celestia, do you mind explaining what happened on the way here?" Harvy said.

"Well, it seems that a group of KA soldiers got past you guys, and they decided to try and assassinate me, or really kill me as they weren't they discreet in my opinion, actually they were more or less on the loud side." Celestia said in response to the question.

"They must have teleported or something!" A General said, it was his job to set up the patrolling parties.

"They could have easily been killed, didn't you say something about a few parties not coming back?" Fargo said, confused that the General could have forgotten about 2 or 3 patrolling parties disappearing/

"I don't recount saying that, could you be confusing my words with someone else's?" The General responded.

"I doubt I am."

"Stop with this nonsense, General Keeve, tell us the truth, did a few parties disappear recently? If you are found to be lying you may be marked as a traitor and executed. So please, answer wisely." Harvy interrupted their conversation to assert a better approach than just them bickering back and forth.

"I swear upon the lord that I am not lying, no parties went missin-" Right before he finished his sentence a messenger burst into the room.

"GENERAL KEEVE, ANOTHER PARTY HAS GONE MISSING!" The messenger yelled. All eyes looked upon Keeve and he started nervously sweating and as time went on he looked increasingly suspicious, especially because the messenger said another one not a party, this meant that Keeve must have known that other parties had gone missing beforehand.

"General Keeve, how many parties have gone missing and why haven't you mentioned this beforehand in a meeting, why have you mentioned this only to Fargo?" Harvy looked at Keeve like a eagle did when it spotted it's next meal.

"I actually overheard it while he was talking to that messenger earlier."

"I see, well General Keeve, would you like to defend yourself as to why you were withholding important information?"

"Well, uhmmm, ummm, y-you see I- Yeah th- I ummm, fuck, fuck, FUCK." Keeve was stumbling and muttering, he was failing to defend himself in any way shape or form, he was practically incriminating himself, "FUCK FUCK FUCK, LONG LIVE THE FRECEN CHURCH." He yelled as he bit down on his tooth and a gas escaped from it, he died instantly. The gas quickly started flowing towards everyone else as if it had a mind of its own. 

"EVERYONE OUT THE ROOM, IT'S POSION!" Someone yelled, they all were scrambling to get out of the room, Celestia on the other hand jumped up to the top of the tent and stuck a knife into it's cloth and pulled down, the result was of a collapsing tent although it fell behind everyone so they were all in the open gap, all of the air previously inside of the tent just rushed out into the open sky. including the poisonous gas. No one died but Keeve during the event, but some people were injured during the attempt to get out of the tent.

A few hours later:

"Well now we have to wait for the tent to be repaired." Fargo said, annoyed.

"If I hadn't done that someone probably would have died." Celestia responded.

"Or no one could of and we would still have our tent."

"I would rather no one die than have a tent for our meetings that seems as if they belong in a children's show."

"My god. Sometimes you need to learn when to shut up."

"I could say the same to you."

In Harvy's personal quarters:

"Celestia, a battle is coming up that could determine if we win or lose this war." Harvy states, in a solemn tone.

"We've had many of those recently it seems, how many more are going to come? And why is it only determining if we win or lose, why not them too?" Celestia responded in a spiteful manner.

"Well first off, they have more troops and more technology, while we have magic that is getting more and more outdated aside from the stronger spells. and also watch your tone please."

"I'm sorry, I'm just pissed at the current state of things. While I was at the capital they said they couldn't ramp up their efforts whatsoever to support the war, so I'm sorry if I'm in a bad mood but just look at the state of things, we're going to lose no matter what we do at this rate."

"I understand, but listen to me, I recently got word from the capital that we are going to try and get the EKC to participate in this war, with their help and magical abilities we have a shot at dealing a major blow to the KA and wiping them out. We just need to be patient and draw out this war for as long as possible before help arrives."

"I don't think we can hold out long enough at this rate though. So asking them for help doesn't matter if they don't get here in time, we need to up our efforts to create better weaponry."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well we have been using swords and magic for a long time now, not to mention bows. So I suggest we use something with a little more firepower and we amp up our efforts to discover new and better magic as well as improving on our magical techniques. By doing this we need to hire more scholars and engineers."

"Do we have the budget for that?"

"I think we do, also we need to amplify our magic with technology. We are already researching that, correct?"

"Yes, we are Celestia."

"We need them to work faster and harder."

"That would be difficult as they are already working harder than they should."

"Well fine, aside from that though, I believe we should hold a meeting on whether or not to start producing guns."

"Guns?"

"They were invented 8 years ago and we still aren't using them, they are probably one of the strongest hand-held weapons possessed by the KA at this time."

"How do you propose we get the schematics for these weapons?"

"We reverse engineer ones we find on the battlefield, for example." Celestia pulls out a gun from inside her Spatial magic and throughs it on the table between them. "We can start with this." It was a gun aptly named the Lee-Enfield, a bolt action magazine repeating rifle, and would be the first gun introduced to the Minterl Army during a meeting.

"I'll give you one hour to convince the others tomorrow during our meeting, one hour and then we will continue with the discussions we were supposed to finish today." Harvy said, Celestia nodded and then exited Harvy's tent and headed back to her own to draft up a convincing argument as to why they should focus on getting guns into their arsenal. This would hopefully, in her mind, be a major turning point in the war and give Minterl enough time to recruit the EKC to their war efforts against their dread enemy, the Kingdom's Alliance.

Who's your favorite character? Also, hope you liked the longer chapter. Also this chapter wont bring in any readers, accidentally posted this and I redrafted it which means it screwed me over.

Discord- https://discord.com/invite/H3meMwq2AN

1