Chapter 10: Guns
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location; Main temporary Minterl army camp, command post:

The flaps on the newly constructed tent flew open as a average sized figure walks into the tent. Celestia had entered the room to discuss the subject of guns, a highly debated topic as it would be one of the biggest changes too the Minterl army since it was first established.

All eyes focused on her as she took her position at the front of the table, all of them focusing intensely to hear her argument as to why guns should be implemented and how they would get them. "Uh-hum.” Celestia cleared her throat, “Hello! As you all probably know my name is Akasha Celestia, I am a General within this army and I'm here to propose implementing weapons into our forces." She paused and flipped her notes, "I will start off with why we should implement guns into our forces and then I will move onto how we will do so, I will then move on to where we will get the weapons. Please write down any and all questions you accumulate throughout this on the piece of paper you were provided so you can ask them at the end as they may be answered as I go on with my presentation, now let us begin." She continued on with her first point, "I believe we should implement guns into our forces because in all honesty, they prove to be a huge help to the Kingdoms Alliance in their efforts to conquer our kingdom, their guns are able to easily kill us and penetrate armor we used to think could withstand anything. We can only make armor that can withstand their bullets through and expensive and time consuming process, which is why while we are in this area of the proposal I also propose we switch to lighter combat uniforms so our soldiers can more easily move from area to area and avoid being shot. Now back on topic, we should even the playing field by providing out troops guns so they can easily fire back."

She quickly moved onto her second point, she didn't have much time to speak so she wanted to savor every last bit of it she could. "Now on how we will implement the guns. We should pull soldiers out from deployment every once in a while to send them to a 3-6 week course on how to maintenance their guns and how to use them, this course will be provided from one of our infiltrator unit's members who took a course on how to do so in the Kingdoms Alliance. We should also teach all new recruits how to do so, we can do this by having our expert train others how to do it and they will then know how to also, so they can teach groups themselves, this will slowly expand into hundreds if not thousands of members teaching thousands more how to use a gun. We can easily implement this in a few months to a year if all goes well."

"And finally, my last point." Celestia opened up her spatial storage, it was a little known magic that only a few people knew she could use, for example Harvy, murmuring voices could be heard among the room, everyone was a little shocked at this. She pulled a blot action rifle, the Lee-Enfield, from inside and slide it to the middle of the table. "We can reverse engineer this and make our own guns or we could even copy this ones design. Any questions regarding all of this? I will answer any I am given."

Another General asked the question everyone else was wondering, "Where will we get the funding?" Celestia had a creepy smile slowly make its way up her face and then she said, "Well, I got some private investors to help us out, we help them get started with making guns and they give us as much as they need and then we sign a contract to buy only from them after the war ends."

Anarchy erupted all around the tent with everyone screaming, Celestia just stood there and looked at all of them, seemingly not caring whatsoever. 

"WHAT?!?"

"That's insane! We can't do that, what if a better gun manufacturer comes around after the war ends? We'll be stuck with the bad ones."

"I am already voting against this."

She continued, "And." They all stopped they're arguing. "If you were wondering who the private investors were, they allowed me to disclose their information here, it's the largest manufacturer on this planet with top notch quality, Tural Manufacturing, they have decided to start mass producing guns and we will be their first cliental in their market for this product." Everyone looked forward towards her, their eyes open with shock.

Whispering started to run rampant around the room, "Tural Manufacturing? Aren't they one of the top industrializing businesses on the planet?" Someone quietly confided to their neighbor, every was quietly talking about what Celestia had just said.

"How was she able to contract them?"

"This is unexpected, I-I think I have to rethink my stand on this matter." Celestia had planned all of this in advance, she knew very well just how large Tural Manufacturing's influence was and how it would affect everyone's decisions, so she tried as hard as she could to contract them over several months and she had only recently succeeded, very recently. She was only alerted to it last night right before she went to bed, right after she had finished her plan for tomorrow, which she had just enacted.

"Yes, they even said they were already thinking of trying to make guns and also that they were already thinking about sanctioning the Kingdoms Alliance, which they should be announcing in a few weeks or months from now." Although her face had reverted back to a calm and dignified look, on the inside she had an expression that could only be described as something you see in the deep depths of your nightmares, it would send a shock and jolt up the spine of any sane person who witnessed, but that just went to show just how satisfied she was with the result that days meeting. "So... Any questions?"

"No." Harvy said, "I think we are all done for today, the results of todays meeting will be announced tomorrow and then sent to the king for his approval, a transcript of this entire meeting will also be sent to him so he can see Celestia's argument about why we should have guns, if he approves Celestia can take charge of implementing the new weapons or she can pass it off to someone else. You may all resign for the day, although I may call upon some of your for other matters." Chairs could be heard screeching across the floor as everyone got up, shuffling then ensued as they all went towards the exit, the day was nowhere near its end though, they all had left was mountains of paperwork waiting at their quarters. 

A few minutes later; Celestia's quarters:

An audible sigh could be heard, "Since I know I already have the kings backing on this there is no need to worry anymore, I'll just need to inform Kavier that he should soon be able to move onto phase one of the plan, researching guns... It may take a while but with Tural Manufacturing and Minterl working together I believe we should be able to get schematics within a few months and then mass produce them in only a few more." She mumbled to herself about what would be happening within the Kingdom and the relationship with Tural and the such all while also doing her paperwork.

"This is all back by the king, no one knows that though... after the king gets the message that the Generals approved, if they do, then he will inform Kavier that he can move on to phase one which he should already be ready for due to me informing him." She rambled and rambled on and on about the inner workings of a secretive plan, it seemed the king had concocted something with her and Tural manufacturing, a plan about weaponry. Knock knock. Hard knocking could be heard. It seemed a visitor had arrived.

"Enter!" Celestia yelled towards the door. A disgruntled Karloff entered, it seemed he hadn't been doing as well as she thought. "Oh, did you have a tough time taking care of all the paperwork?" She said while she helped him sit down on the chair in front of her desk, after doing she she returned to her previous position behind her desk.

"Well, seeing as I feel like I would rather die than do that again. Yes, yes I did." Celestia chuckled at his response, it wasn't unexpected that he thought that but she didn't think he would actually say it out loud.

"Well, don't worry, you'll have a lot more paperwork to deal with soon as I believe that my plan will go through and people will begin training for something in the capital." She joked.

"Hmmm? What do you mean?" Karloff questioned, he was concerned for his health due to what she said but also curious about what she had just said, doing the opposite of something at the same time as doing it.

"Well let's just say it could help us turn the tides of this war, we will hopefully stop losing as much land as we are and start gaining some back." Celestia happily explained in an upbeat and optimistic tone, she had put everything she had observed and done over the past perhaps 5 months together and come to the conclusion that guns were most definitely going to go through and that phase one would finally begin, what she had been hoping for for months would come true and she could rest just a bit easier at night. Although she may have to head back to the capital soon, something which she was dreading as it required getting on a boat. Celestia despised boats and absolutely detested the sea, reminiscent of a cat.

"Well, if it does help end the war quicker, I'll gladly take more paperwork, also you have a meeting in a few hours, it's about Operation Lovion. We need to finalize some of the details and then it's good to go... you'll be personally monitoring and executing the Operation, correct?"

"Yes, that is correct. It's next week, right? And I do believe it is an assassination of an enemy General, quite a good catch, wonder why the information was so easy to get... hope it isn't a trap." 

"I doubt it is."

"Your doubts have been incorrect many times before."

"That is irrelevant."

"Whatever you say, I need to get back to my paperwork, I'll meet with you again to discuss what went on while I was gone, I hope you compiled a report for me, you will need to see me after the meeting for Operation Lovion, so just a few hours if you forgot where that report was. Dismissed."

"I will go look for that report." Karloff said while exiting the room.

"Hahhhhh, now back to paperwork." Celestia cried in an exasperated way. She completed all of her paperwork within the next few hours, it was nearing time to discuss Operation Lovion.

Hello! This is another chapter I guess and here is a free discord link,

Discord- https://discord.com/invite/H3meMwq2AN 

Is my naming sense somewhat good?
  • Yes Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
1