Interlude 1: Seas of Gransela
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location; Gransela Kingdom's seas, Minterl's blockade:

"STEER TO THE RIGHT, THE ENEMY SHIP IS TRYING TO RAM." Someone yelled aboard the ship named Harriot after a famous politician within the Gransela kingdom. The ship attempting to ram them was a Minterl Galleon named Creive. Their eyes opened wider then they ever had before when they realized it was too late, Creive charging forward rammed into them. Everyone aboard Harriot were thrown down.

Minterl soldiers began climbing over the edge of their ship, one in particular with bright green hair and dusty green eyes stopped on the ram of the ship and looked down with a condescending glare, it was Lieutenant Colonel Blythe Ulore. 

Someone ran up to Blythe ask for assistance, "Lieutenant Colonel Ulore, we are meeting some major resistance from the Captain's quarters. We need some assistance from you to help us break through." 

"Very well, lead me there." He said as he stepped down from the ram, after descending from where he was before he followed behind the soldier who had asked for the assistance, 'Odd.' He thought as he looked at the soldier, there was no one quite like him among his ranks, he was to powerful to still be in the position he seemed he was in. "Stop." He ordered the soldier.

The soldier grimaced when the Lieutenant Colonel's words reached his ears, "Why, sir?" The soldier questioned.

"No one in my ranks calls me sir, they all say Lieutenant Colonel or Sir Blythe, but not just sir unless they joined less than a week ago, which is impossible for you as we've been out here for months now. And your face looks familiar, like an enemy's."

"Well, you see, I-I just have never met you in person so I wouldn't know what to call you nor would you have ever seen my face I believe!"

"I personally recruit everyone within my ranks when they come out of training, stop lying. Who are you?"

"YOU BAS-" The soldier began to yell before being met with a swift end by means of magic, a pity because he was decently strong.

"You don't mess with people stronger than you, especially mages. You should've learned that after a while, I mean, you were the Captain of the Harriot which we've been trying to destroy for weeks now." Blythe continued ranting to the lifeless body that was withering away on the floor, he had a habit of doing that.

"Sir Blythe, your bad habit is showing." A voice said behind the rambling Blythe.

"Oh, sorry, I was just confused as to why he thought I wouldn't recognize him, I have had a one on one fight with him before after all, it was a few weeks ago I believe." Blythe responded, he was weirdly calculative and judgmental, he continued, "Well, now that I'm off of Creive am I needed down here at all?"

"Yes, we need assistance in the storeroom, they have a tier 4 mage down there that they seem to have picked up from the last port they visited."

"Lead the way." They started to head towards the storeroom in a hurry. Blythe followed the soldier with no suspicion, this one was not an impersonator, and he didn't doubt this because they were new recruit from a few weeks ago that he had taken a liking too, always so bright and cheery. They really livened up the ship while they were all at sea for days or weeks at a time. So he knew their face.

"How many casualties have we sustained so far." Blythe asked.

"None, but a few are slightly injured and one is severely, it's a severed arm."

"I can probably mend the arm back onto the body since it hasn't been long." Blythe was a half druid and half water spirit so he could use advanced healing magic and also advanced water magic.

They continued to rush to the storeroom, while doing so they ceased talking to each-other as there was no reason to to converse at that moment.

They arrived at the entrance, people left and right were bleeding and gritting their teeth in anger. But, as soon as they saw Blythe they smiled all obtained a slight smile on their faces. Blythe raised his hand and the air around him became thick with mana as he opened his eyes wide. He said a single word, "Explode." The entrance to the storeroom splintered and burst apart, all of its sharp and thick chunks of wood flew inwards towards the inhabitants of the room on the opposite side of Blythe, he continued forward stepping over the mess he made of the floor of the ship around the door and then put stopped inside of the room.

The Gransela mage who Blythe had come to eliminate began chanting, "Oh fire of the great gods, please grant me this blessing, volcanic burst." The mage shot up from his hiding position and shot off a concentrated fire attack that was modified to only burn the people it hit, volcanic burst. But all the modifying he had done in his training was worth nothing as it hit the wall and dispersed without doing anything to anyone. They stuttered, confused as to how no one was there when they had heard a voice just seconds earlier, "W-what? Wh-where did they g-go, what's going on? Shit shit shit, Oh god-" A shiver went up his spine, he slowly turned around to check what it was and saw a shadow while doing so, "Please, no."

A small incision had been made on his back and a hand was on there, "WAIT WAIT, I'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING, JUST PLEASE N-" All of the mage’s blood froze within seconds and they fell to the ground cold and lifeless, all the veins within their body bursting as the blood within them froze. Their lifeless body fell limp and hit the floor with a resounding thud. Blythe stood behind the 

"Back away from the door." Blythe said towards his soldiers, "Unless you want to get hit." He raised his hand above his head and the air became considerably thicker than normal, more so than any other spell that had been done before this, it was a sixth tier spell. Tiny molecules of ice started clumping together into tiny projectiles, a Gransela soldier stood up and ran at Blythe but an arrow was quickly sent his way, he fell to the ground without ever getting close to Blythe.

"Release." As soon as Blythe said that the tiny bullet like projectiles sped all around the room piercing boxes and soldiers alike. They couldn't pierce walls though as they were thicker than the thickest thing they could pierce, boxes. Blythe walked out of the room relatively unscathed from the entire encounter, "Where is the severed arm and the owner of said arm?"  He would now start on the recovery part of this entire fiasco.

"Right this way, Sir Blythe." A private lead him towards the injured soldier who lie with a gushing wound where his arm was supposed to be, it was clamped down on with a tightly bound cloth, it was struggling to stop his blood flow.

"Thank you private." Blythe said as he knelt down and grabbed the severed arm, he slowly adjusted as best he could to the shoulder of the soldier. "This will only hurt for a bit, but here bite down on this." Blythe handed the soldier a handkerchief which he quickly bit down on. A incantation could be heard from Blythe, "Oh great lord of nature Kelvia, bless me with your ability of regeneration to help the poor unfortunate soul I will save if you decide to do so." It was more or less a prayer but it was often referred to as a spell to be easier to categorize for the common folk of the world. A great shining light burst forth from Blythe's hands to the location of the severed arm and it restructured and mended the arm by expanding the muscles and bone and such to stretchy out towards each other and link together then pull in. It was a painful and slow process but it was one of the only ways to reattach limbs. Muffled screaming could be heard from the soldier, he was in unimaginable pain and was most definitely rethinking if he really wanted to reattach his arm. 

After it had finished a sweating and panting mass was on the ground looking at their newly attached arm. "T-th-thank y-you s-sir B-Blythe." The soldier could barely get his words out without stuttering due to panting and immense pain that was slowly wearing off.

"You're welcome. But I was just doing my job, thank your comrades instead who brought me here. Without them it probably would've been to late to reattach your arm by the time I got here." Blythe said back, acknowledging the camaraderie shown by the soldiers. He smiled at the thought of all of that, he loved when people cared for each other and helped out one another. Perhaps it was the druid part of him. He followed up with, "Alright, everyone reconvene back on the ship in an hour. We'll sink it after we get a good distance away." 

Location; Creive, 1 hour after eradication of everyone onboard Harriot:

"Sink it." A voice commanded, after it said so approximately 10 cannons went off and into the hull of a nearby ship, the Harriot. Water was visibly disturbed next to the holes that had been made in the hull, gallons upon gallons were rushing in and sinking the Harriot quickly. The Creive continued forward to find its next victim, the Captain of the vessel, Blythe, said, "It's  been months since this blockade was ordered by the King, I'm just wondering when we're going to get more reinforcements... our numbers are dwindling and we can't keep this up for long. Jevsin!"

Major Jevsin quickly responded, "Yes?"

"A moment please... I need you to send something through the experiment communication technology, that we just got from the supply ships. Wish they would've sent some warships with the supplies."

"Alright, follow me." Major Jevsin had Blythe follow her to the room containing the communication machine, aptly named the telegraph, it worked through sending short pulses of magical energy to the receiving side which they would then decipher it. It was named morse code. "What would you like to send?"

"Transcribe this please." Blythe then cleared his throat and then said, "This is Lieutenant Colonel Blythe Ulore, I am here to request an additional 10 warships as our numbers have dwindled to an unacceptable amount over the months we've been here."

After a few minutes Major Jevsin was done. "Alright, I'm done."

"Ah, Jevsin! Would you like to go out for dinner when we arrive at our port?" He was referring to a Minterl controlled port that was taken from Gransela, it is heavily defended by warships and ground troops 24/7 as it is vital to maintaining the blockade, it was also a city.

"Ah, sure I guess, want to discuss it when we arrive?"

"I would love too."

Expect sea battles the next time this happens! Gonna be fun :D And yes the creator of morse code exists in this world, Samuel Morse, albeit a different species, gotta change it somehow!

Discord- https://discord.com/invite/H3meMwq2AN

Did you like the interlude? It's to provide a different perspective at different sides of the war.
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
1