Chapter 12: Operation Lovion 2, End; Assault
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location; Temporary camp outside of ambush zone, control tent:

"WHAT?" Someone yelled, it was the leader of the platoon.

Loud panting could be hear, it was the messenger who had come rushing in with news of an early advancement. "Y-you... heard me righ-t... they're coming, and qu-quick. We ne-need to quickly... hah move the troops." 

The platoon leader stood up and and his chair flew back from his sudden upheaval, it hit the ground and a leg cracked off, "MOBILIZE THE TROOPS."

Atop the cliffs:

Low chanting could be heard, it was from the Minterl mages who were preparing last second spells. "Hey, scout, hand me those binoculars." The platoon leader demanded, he wanted to see it again and he just couldn't believe it, they really did come early. It seemed a spy was within their midst, one that could've destroyed everything they'd been planning for. Due to this internal investigations was hot on the trail of this particular case as it could have made them loss a high value target.

Fast approaching, they looked like a blur. It seemed they were trying to clear the forest as fast as they could before nightfall, a prime time for ambushes, little did they know. Crkkkkk, "Mages... Bring up the stone walls." Walls of stone shot up and covered both open sides of the cliffs as the target entered, all of the enemy soldiers audibly gasped and were astounded at this, they were supposed to have escaped this but it seems they thought wrong.

"FUCK RUN." They all yelled in vain, a desperate last attempt to feel like they could control the situation when in the depressing and collapsing reality they now were in, they couldn't, ever.

"GET OUT OF THE AREA."

"Look at them, scrambling around like lambs trying to escape their pen." Celestia looked down with cold, dark eyes. Ones that portrayed her pure hatred for those before her. She jumped down, and gracefully floated to the ground. "And I love to slay those types of lambs."

"POUR DOWN THE ARROWS!" The platoon leader yelled as Celestia slid back under the cliff as to not get hit by the arrows being continuously enchanted by the mages. A wide and horrifying smile crept across her face as it had many times before, one that meant she was enjoying what was happening, the horrible things that were happening. Soldier after soldier hit the ground with loud and heavy thuds, it was a sight to behold and grimace at, a truly disgusting thing.

Approximately 2 minutes passed before the storm of arrows subsided and a new order was issued, "DESCEND UPON THEM." Soldier after soldier jumped down into the throes of the battle below, many of the General's entourage had survived the barrage of arrows. The screeching of metal on metal could be heard from all around as blades hit one another, some of the General's soldiers went for their guns but were quickly cut down due to the close proximity of everyone confined within the cliffs.

"STOP THEM FROM GRABBING THEIR GUNS!" Someone yelled, if even a handful of them got their hands on gun it could potentially  turn the tides of the battle, but they forgot one thing, pistols. Tiny guns with less firepower, still a formidable weapon though.

One of these pistols was shoved up against the yelling soldier and triggered. Debris from the soldiers empty skull spilled across the battlefield.

Mages quickly chanted protection spells for the falling soldiers, replacements for the ones that had been broken through the course of the battle taking place. Mana limitations were rampant though, many could not be protected again due to the drainage of the mages mana. "Relay this message across the battlefield!" Celestia yelled out, "Grab as many guns as you can and use them against the enemy. It's either that or we lose." A soldier yelled it to another, and another did the same. It created a chain of soldiers yelling this order, many were rushing for pistols while their comrades back them so they weren't killed while open and reaching to the ground.

Celestia swung around and faced the mages casting protection spells and told them to stop, it seemed she had a plan brewing in her shrewd brain. "I want all of you to start disorientating the enemy, by doing so we can perhaps cause mass panic among them, and if not that we can at least put them at a disadvantage. I'll go and challenge the enemy General."

A chorus of agreement and acknowledgment of the order was heard and it began, enemies were noticeably wobbling and falling over for the Minterl soldiers to easily impale and kill. Celestia began walking towards the carriage presumably containing the enemy General, she put her hand on the handle and ripped the door off shattering it into wooden splinters. But as she looked inside she noticed that something was off, and that was the fact that no one was inside of the Carriage, it was... empty. "SHIT, THEY TRICKED US." A spy within their ranks was now confirmed, something terrible was about to unfold.

A gigantic spear sped towards Celestia, she dodged to the side but it nicked her cheek and created a crater in the ground where it hit. "ALL TROOPS, WITHDRAW, THERE ARE TO MANY OF THEM." An enormous group was fast approaching, with a gargantuan soldier at the helm, it was the enemy General, now confirmed to be the Duke of Nevent, Harl Nevent, one of the strongest warriors in the KA.

Celestia jumped off of the end of the carriage, using it as a way to speed her up on her way towards her objective, the Duke. "Well well well, it seems a challenger is approaching! THE FIRST ONE." The duke flung his right hand out and hit Celestia to the side. "It seems that you're not as strong as you seem, vampire scum."

"You humans really love to shit on us vampires, but you are always afraid when we start winning."

"How kind of you to insult me, but it seems that your side is losing. So it seems that I have the right to insult you!"

Celestia looked back and witnessed soldier after soldier falling, there were only so many to begin with, maybe 100, now it was down to 70 and dwindling fast. 

"Even so, I will kill you to make it so their deaths were not in vain."

"We'll see about that." Right as he exclaimed the last word of his sentence Celestia darted forward and knocked his hands back, they had iron bracers on them so it was difficult to hurt them. She jumped back and manifested a dark sword from her void like ability. She then rendered multiple daggers and threw them at her opponents leg which knocked him off balance, she then sliced upwards a chipped his armor a bit. 

The battle drew on for 10 long minutes, 10 long minutes of dodging his attacks and occasionally getting hammered in the side by them and having to cast magic with her little saved mana. She kept chipping at the same spot until finally, it broke. "Ah hah!" She threw her sword in a slash attack towards it and cut through the chainmail that had been hidden beneath into his flesh, a wound appeared and he staggered backwards and fell down clutching his side, she had also implemented a pain increaser enchantment onto her sword before the blow and it seemed he couldn't handle it.

As she stood above him and shifted her sword into a sword more suited to piercing, an arrow hit her back. "Arghh, SHIT." She gritted her teeth which to her sounded like eardrum splitting sounds and fell to the ground as 3 more pierced her back, missing vital organs on purpose as it seemed they wanted to capture her.

She yelled to the troops that were slowly retreating back, "MOVE FASTER, RUN, WITHDRAW FROM THE FOREST AND REPORT TO COMMAND, IT WAS A TRAP AND A SPY IS IN THEIR MIDST."

She was hit in the head and as her vision slowly withered away she saw the soldiers escape from the enemy grasps as the mages conjured large walls of fire to ward of the enemies. And right as the fire dwindled away after a few minutes with nothing behind it her head hit the floor and all went dark, it seemed she could withstand losing consciousness for a while.

Location; retreating Minterl force:

"RUN RUN RUN, ARCHERS FIRE AS YOU BACK AWAY." The platoon commander was confused and his thoughts were muddled after he heard of Celestia's capture, the other Generals would not be to receptive of this news, the few soldiers that had followed them now lay dead on the ground and the last forces that had been in the valley like landform returned, "Everyone to a horse or wagon, we're getting out of here as fast as we can." And they did just that, ran as fast as humanly, and non-humanly, possible.

Few hours later:

"Shit, how are we supposed to report this." The platoon commander shrieked, he was reasonably annoyed.

"Celestia said for us to tell them there was a spy." His second in command chipped in.

"They won't just accept that, we are expected to counteract even the worst of odds."

"We were heavily outnumbered as well, what the hell were we supposed to do, summon a dragon to fight them off?"

"That would've been nice..."

"I wasn't being serious."

"We may have forever lost a great asset to our kingdom during this small ambush attempt, like sacrificing your queen in a failed plan during chess, we may have messed up severely."

"I'll send a messenger out to notify command of this incident, a brief description of all events that transpired during this failed plan. We'll probably be expected to explain in more detail what happened, so start prepping. You have 2-3 days after all." Second in command took out a quill and ink and started writing, the bumps of the wagon messing him up severely, but that didn't really matter in this situation.

"Please do... and I had just found her, only to lose her to the kingdom's alliance as soon as I had."

"Hmmm? You say something?"

"Oh, no." The platoon commander smiled, his teeth seemed oddly pointed, and his eyes a slight tint of red, and it seemed like a veil had been lifted from his face. Could it perhaps be?

Sorry for this really late post, just couldn't write... anyway I may take a break to stock up on chapters and also work on a short story I want to write, sorry for this inconvenience that may or may not happen. Also had a long and grueling 2 weeks of state wide testing, that drained me and I hate it every year. Oh and chapters from a wide variety of POVs within the home camp will be coming up. ALSO PLEASE NOTE ANY ERRORS, it helps me out.

Discord- https://discord.com/invite/H3meMwq2AN

1