Chapter 15: Operation Levenal 1; Location extracted
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location; forests around the Levenal mountains:

"Alright, you guys got the orders, start up your magic." General Harvy yelled out.

Large amounts of chanting could be heard as a large group of mages started up a chant for a magic based off of what Liense use. What they used was a technique developed by their species to yell out high pitch noises and once those bounce back they would know the general lay of the area and perhaps if pray was nearby. Although in this case, instead of doing that they would send mana out and do the same process.

Approximately 1 hour later:

"Have you guys found anything yet?" Harvy asked.

"No sir, but we have narrowed it down to a location about 10 miles north of us."

"Then you've found something."

"I-"

"Don't say anything, keep narrowing down the area."

"Very well."

Harvy then proceeded to walk towards his company of around 20 soldiers. Although he was given a group of 30, 10 of them were busy trying to pin down the location they were supposed to raid. He then briefed them on the news he had just received and continued to reexplain how the raid would go down, snipers, with the assistance of magic, would have their bullets silenced as they took out the guards at the location they would be entering from. Then after that, they would silently scale the walls and make their way through the facility towards the prison, they would most likely have to squeeze some information out of the unwilling participants of this field test on their way around the facility.

Someone came running from the clearing the mages were and yelled, "We've obtained their bases coordinates!"

Harvy's head perked up, he turned to his current second in command, "Ready the troops, we leave immediately."

"Will do." They responded.

Location; Edge of Levenal Mountains forested area:

"Well you guys found the area quicker than expected." Harvy laughed as he hit the shoulder of one of the mages. "Now if only we could know the exact location of the prison within the massive fortress." Harvy said as he slowly raised his head, almost admiring the massive behemoth of a complex in front of him.

"We weren't told it was this large." A soldier grunted.

"We're never told anything, get used to it."

"Aren't you the head of this entire branch of the military?"

"Yeah but I don't run everything that goes on, a lot of it is assigned to other generals. Celestia in there usually heads the assault division and shit, but as you can see she can't really do that at the moment."

"Who usually runs these covert operations?"

"Some obscure lieutenant commander, forgot their rank but eh, that's close enough."

"Sir, have you been drinking?" It may seem like a rude question but he had been acting less, dignified if you will, than he usually would be.

"Well," Harvy said as he pulled out a canteen, "as you can see, yes." He took a swig from the drink and twisted the cap back on, a slightly red tinted liquid spilled down from his lip. "Spirits are always good to get me moving, I need coercion you see?"

"Is it because you're worried?"

"Well that would seem to be a good explanation." Harvy grinned, "But, we cannot afford to waste time talking about this right now, snipers get in position."

The soldier whispered, "I hope this doesn't mess up because of that wine..."

"Yes sir." 5 men stepped forward.

"Alright, I want you each to take out one of the soldiers on those observation posts, after distribute who will take out who tell me and I'll tell you when to fire." The snipers turned in on each other and began discussing. "Now, on to you fellas, after they take out the soldiers stationed on those posts I'm going to need you guys to quietly and discreetly get down there and start scaling the walls, one after the other, 5 ropes up there and 6 people per rope, you already know who you're scaling the wall with so get ready to get down there. I want all your equipment in a readied state."

Someone tapped him on the shoulder, "Sir, we're ready."

"Alright take aim and say ready when you have your scope trained on your target, once I hear five people say ready I'll give the order to fire."

5 seconds.

"Ready."

7 seconds.

"Ready."

13 seconds.

"Ready.

14 seconds.

"Ready."

17 seconds.

"Ready."

"Good, fire."

5 muffled sounds could be heard simultaneously and 5 lives extinguished from this world. Ruffling and mumbling could be heard from the troops as they began moving out towards the wall below. Approximately 5 minutes after the guards had been killed the group arrived at the wall and began preparations to scale it, someone asked, "How'd y'know they wouldn't swap guards?"

Harvy responded, "Because they hadn't swapped all day. If they had I would've waited longer to find out when they did."

"Hmm."

The clattering of metal against stone could be heard multiple times as 5 hooks latched onto the walls above the group. The first person of each group grabbed the rope in front of them and began scaling.

"Quite a large group we have here huh." Someone stated as they began scaling the wall at a moderate pace.

"Well we were going to split into 6 groups of 5 once we got in and magiradio each other the information we acquired along the way, we will only be regrouping once we pinpoint the prison location so we can make a safe extraction just in case they heavily fortified the prison, y'know?"

"Well I hope it all goes according to plan." 5 light taps could be heard as the soldiers disembarked the rope and jumped onto the stone flooring the decently sized wall possessed.

Someone called out, "Scatter and secure this area, bound to be more than the 5 on the towers, probably around 10-20 more patrolling this area of the wall who aren't looking out at the ground."

"Roger, head out, oh and, make sure you have your silencers ready."

"That would be smart, don't want to blow everyone's cover now do we?"

Another group came up and repeated the same process as the first, and then 4 more followed. They had, in the end, taken out 15 more soldiers who were patrolling the wall.

"Alright everyone, form into a group with the people you came up with, I thought about it and 5 groups of 6 just doesn't sound right. In my opinion that is." Harvy said, while chuckling a bit.

"I feel like the alcoholic is getting to him," A soldier whispered to his compatriot on his right, "And I don't know if it's gonna be good for us in the long run."

"I can hear you, you know?"

"O-oh, uhh."

"It's alright, I get it, but trust me, I made that decision while sober, not drunk. if split up the group one more time than needed it will increase out chances of being exposed." He continued, "Now with that out of the way make sure to hide the bodies of anyone you kill as to limit our chances of once again, being exposed."

"Sir!" It seemed someone wanted to ask a question.

"Yes?"

"What should we do if our connection to each others magiradios are cut off?"

"We abandoned this mission and meet each other in the spot where the snipers took their shoot, we moved the bodies of the sniped individuals so no one should be able to reference them and find out which direction they were shot from and the location they were. And, if that spot isn't safe the first group will leave an X on nearby trees or on a tree after taking out the enemy group that was there. We will then meet back at base, all groups not reconnecting and just making a beeline home." He took another drink from his canteen and after wiping his mouth asked, or rather stated, "Anymore questions?" Everyone shook their heads no and the main part of the operation began. The groups found each other and elected who the squad leader would be, as they were all more or less the same rank, and then, in alignment with the original plan, began sweeping through the part of the facility they had been assigned, although slightly widened to make up for the eliminated sixth group that had been scratched out of the plan.

Hahaa, yeah I can't keep up with a Monday/Friday schedule, so now it will be Friday only... BUT, if I feel as if I can keep up with the old schedule it will be reinstated. Also that character introduction chapter I promised will indeed by out tomorrow! Also since this is a different world I decided to rename bats to Liense! Also, I may have to put this on hiatus for 3 weeks because of family visiting and others such things. This chapter was 1.5k words so I will be adding 500 words to the 1k word character introduction that was promised for a grand total of 1.5k words in it.

0