Chapter 1
316 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man releases a lazy sigh while leaning against the chair he is sitting on. This young man is called Terry Hernandes. He is a young man in his early twenty. He just graduated from college.

He attended Gadjah Mada University, one of the most prestigious universities in the country. He has a bachelor's degree in Medicine.

So, you must be wondering what kind of job this young man has, right? He has a good degree, after all. No. Terry did not have any work. He is a trader. He is a stock market trader. Not only that, but he also owns a few stocks that he let grow.

The reason for his success? He is a reincarnated person.

He has been reincarnated into this world, an alternated world of his previous world.

In his previous life, he was your average person working in retail for his entire life. He is working in retail because he did not have a high education in his previous life. Not because he did not want to but because he did not have enough money for college.

So, when he dies from a heart attack and gets reincarnated as a baby in this world, he vows to have at least a bachelor's degree and have a lazy life. Bachelor's degree is because he never gets one even when he wants it because of a financial problem.

As for a lazy life, Terry is already traumatized from working in retail. Long hours, little rest hours, and small pay.

After seeing his seed already bloomed into a massive tree, Terry decides to spend the rest of his day lazing around. Of course, this decision did not get warm support from his parents. Just like any Asian parent, they want their child to work in a stable job.

They don't really care even when Terry shows them how much he has in his bank account. They want him to work in a company or something.

Because of this reason, Terry decided to live on his own. Far away from his parents to let them cool down a little bit. He did not hate his parents, but sometimes he did not like their overbearing behavior.

Because of this, he decided to stay away for now but keep in contact with them.

"Hmmm? Man, it is morning already?"

Terry spends most of his day playing games and watching anime. If not for his money in the bank and job as a trader, he will be officially called a NEET. Other than the other two, he is also quite enjoying working out and walking around the park.

So, while he spends most of his time inside his house, Terry is quite fit for a lazy young man. He did not have the body of a bodybuilder, but he had enough muscle to carry a heavy object.

"I'm not yet feeling sleepy. Is it because of all the red bull I drank last night?"

Terry looked at the trash bin next to his desk that was filled with a dozen or so bottles of red bull.

"I should drink fewer energy drinks from now on."

Terry gets up and begins stretching. After doing that, he walked toward the kitchen and began to take some ingredients for breakfast. While he is not a five-star chef, Terry can cook simple food. For today's breakfast, Terry decided to cook some rice congee.

He wants to eat something light for today's breakfast.

The food is ready after half an hour—today's menu: rice congee topped with shredded chicken, eggs, and some crackers.

Just before Terry could eat his rice congee, a blue panel appeared in front of him.

DING
The Sign-In system has been activated. Congratulations, you now can sign in to get a random reward

"What?"

Do you want to sign in?
Y/N

 

Terry curiously pressed the Y button in front of him. A few seconds after pressing the button, his head gets hit by a massive amount of knowledge. After a minute of screaming in pain, Terry got up from the ground and sat down on the chair once again.

After massaging his forehead for a few seconds, Terry looks at the floating blue panel in front of him.

 

DING
You get 'Heavenly Drawing Skill' from today sign-in

 

Terry released a sigh before saying.

"It was Heavenly Drawing, alright."

He got a universal drawing skill from a drawing technique from the stone age to a modern type of drawing. He can even draw a 2D character that looks like 3D or draw something completely alien to the human eye.

"Now, the question is, what do I need this skill for?"

~Later that night~

While Terry sleeps soundly inside his bedroom, the internet is currently in an uproar. The reason? A youtube channel decided to upload an original short video about the Little Match Girl written by the famous Hans Anderson.

The story alone will not make the internet explode. No. What makes the internet explode is the animation.

Whoever draws can capture the emotion the story tries to tell. Even though it was a 2D animation, it successfully captured the viewer and made them feel the sadness. Two million people have already viewed the video.

[Farkla334561]: What the fuck? How can a video without a voice actor make me cry like this?

↪ [Vrluin_Truk] I know, right? The only sound in there is a gentle breeze of wind in the winter. How in the hell can this man make this video look so real?

↪ [Dark_Boi] I think it was the drawing. It was so beautiful. I would not say it was so real, but it was instead making our eyes and brain think that the drawing was real and more beautiful than usual.

↪ [Blman1122] It was the color, man. The dark but bright color, in the beginning, makes us think it was a young girl who still has hope, but when we reach the mid and end of the video, we can see the color change into a gloomy color. Not only that, I think choosing that wind sound is a perfect side sound for this video.

↪ [Dark_Boi] @Blman112 I agree. I don't think I will enjoy the video if there is a voice actor. A subtitle is good in this type of video.

The comments continue. Most of them praise the video, but some decide to hate it for some unknown reason. Some of them have a valid reason, but most of the haters did not have any reason. They just said that they did not like the video, and the creator should be ashamed for posting this video for some reason.

However, many people agree that the uploader has great animation skills, and they speculate that [Terriyaki] has at least a few years of experience in drawing and animation making. Sadly for them, Terry only knew how to draw a few hours before the video got uploaded.

He did not even know how to animate something. He just draws the animation page by page. He makes an animation like making a flipbook. Page after page, he drew them manually. The only thing that made him able to finish the animation before the sunset was his drawing speed.

He can draw at an inhuman pace. If people saw him drawing, it was like seeing someone get possessed by an evil spirit. His hand moves so fast; it leaves only a blur to the naked eye. However, the others did not know that, and Terry is too lazy to brag about his achievement.

5