Part 1 Formation – Chapter 5
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You guys sure took your sweet time getting back.” Mickey said, frowning at the others as they gently lowered their unconscious friends to the ground.

“Well, You try lugging these two halfway across the city,” Otto replied with a grin.

Mickey smiled back then his expression soured with concern, “Are they going to be alright?”

“We believe so.” Delta answered

Kid walked up the ramp and into his shuttle as Mickey asked “What about the Wolvers? Are they coming back?”

Otto flashed a wicked grin, “No, we sent them running scared.”

“Really?”

Otto nodded adamantly.

“They shouldn’t bother us for a while.” Bravo stated.

“I found it.” Kid said as he descended the ramp. He showed the device he carried to the others as he moved over where Buck and Data lay. He held the blocky digital tablet over Buck and began to move it along the length of the teens body “Imperial military grade medical scanner.” Kid clarified, “Should do the trick.” 

He moved onto Data and waved it over him, bringing it across his entire body then sat back. After a short while it beeped  and Kid looked down to study the screen, tapping buttons as he did so, “Hmm, there doesn't seem to be any internal bleeding, Brain appears to be fine.” He paused and studied it some more, “Their skulls are intact, no fractures. No internal bleeding in the brain either. Only issue I can see is they’ll most likely have a concussion.”

The other boys relaxed, “That doesn’t sound too bad.” Mickey said.

“It’s not good, but they’ll make it through,” Kid said as he moved back to the ship to put away the scanner, “Though they’ll have a huge headache when they wake up.”

After he finished putting away his scanner he came back down the ramp and looked at the four boys, “Now while we wait for your compatriots to wake up, Could you help me get those batteries you talked about?”

Bravo nodded, “Yes, the factory isn’t far from here.”

“Who’s going with?” Otto asked, “We can’t leave these two here to wake up by themselves.”

“I’ll stay.” Mickey said, “You guys were the ones who broke in last time.”

Bravo noded. “Then keep a close eye on them.”

Bravo, Delta, Kid, and Otto took off into the night. Silently slipping between buildings, and through alleyways. After a dozen of minutes or so they stood outside a gigantic factory. 

Bravo looked to Otto, “What are we going for? Double A’s? Triple?”

Otto snorted in amusement, “gosh no! If these are gonna power a spaceship we are gonna need car batteries.” 

“How are you going to get in?” Kid asked.

“If they haven’t patched it, there’s a hole in the fence around back.” Delta answered.

“If they have, we can always throw a couple of us over the fence.” Otto remarked.

Bravo led the group around the back of the factory. A portion of the chain link fence had a hole just big enough to squeeze through.

“Hey, they didn’t fix it.” Otto said, “Guess they didn’t learn from last time.”

“Otto, distract the guard.” Bravo said.

Otto grinned and pulled a can of spray paint out of his pack. “I’ve already come prepared.”

Kid shook his head in amusement, “What don’t you carry in that thing?” He asked.

“My bag is my utility belt.” Otto quipped.

Kid just stared at him while Delta shook his head, clearly not amused. “He’s not going to understand that.”

Otto smirked and said, “I know.”  before slinking off into the factory. 

Bravo motioned them forward and they slipped through the fence. They stopped just outside one of the buildings and waited. A minute or so later they heard a man yell “Hey!” followed by Otto laughing. 

“Move” Bravo whispered.

They quickly, and quietly moved away from the building they were hiding behind. They hugged the wall until they reached the edge of the building and looked out over the courtyard in front of them.

“We have to cross quickly.” Delta observed.

Bravo nodded in agreement. He glanced around the corner. Upon seeing the courtyard was empty, he took in a deep breath then darted across the courtyard to the other building, a moment later he was joined by Delta and Kid.

They moved across the wall of that building until coming across a thick metal door. Bravo tried to open it but stopped when he noticed a thick chain and padlock around the latch.

“Looks like they did do something to deter further thefts.” Delta stated.

“We’re not going to get this open.” Bravo declared, shaking his head.

“Allow me,” Kid replied as he motioned him to move aside. Once Bravo had backed away Kid produced a small cylinder shaped object. He hit a switch and a small blue energy blade blazed to life with a hiss, and  dimly lit up the area in a soft blue light. He sliced the lock with a quick cut. The blade went through it like butter and the padlock split into two neatly cut pieces and tumbled to the ground.

Bravo and Delta both stared at him in amazement, a silent question on their lips made evident by their expressions.

Kid smiled. “A lumis.” He answered as he deactivated it and slid it back into a pouch hooked to his belt.  “It's only a knife version, but still very useful for cutting things.” he finished as the chain dropped to the ground, “ Shall we?”

Bravo cracked the door and peered into the room. It was stacked full of boxes, but he didn’t see anyone in the room. He opened the door more and slipped in, moving over the boxes. He bent down next to one of them on the floor and cut it open with a small rusty pocket knife. “Will these do?” He asked Kid.

Kid peered into the box.  Inside were multiple batteries stacked on top of one another. He studied them for a moment, then muttered “950 CCA?”, then looked to the others, “I don't exactly understand the labels but a box of These might do if I loop them together.”

Bravo motioned Delta to come over. Together they hefted one of the unopened boxes and moved out of the room. They sneaked back towards the hole they’d come through. As they neared it they heard yelling and turned to see Otto come barreling towards them with two gruff and angry looking security guards chasing him.  Both of them were screaming for him to stop, their faces made even redder from the spray paint covering the front half of their body.

“I could use some help here!” Otto yelled.

Kid moved to the side and quickly drew his sidearm, snapping off two shots. The guards skidded to a halt, their eyes widening with shock right before the blue bolts slammed into them and electricity covered their bodies.  They slumped to the ground, unconscious, as the boys clipped back out of the fence and into the night.

0