Chapter 2: Prodigy and Boss
478 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, it was a bet and I chose you because I like your bravery, that's why I'll call you Hunter, are you satisfied?" Nick didn't know this was better, or to tell him that he picked it up when his trainer ran away, at least the Weedle seemed happy.

(The boy didn't seem the most charismatic)

Just as he returned the Weedle to his Pokeball and took a few steps into the cave, Ronnie appeared.

"Nick, man, I've looked everywhere for you, you must see this, I found the Nerd next to the jackpot"

Ronnie took Nick to one of the deepest part of Mount Moon, there he was waiting for the Nerd next to what looked like two fossils.

"We got it, Nick!"

"Yeah, yeah, it's just two fossils, stop exaggerating" The nerd didn't seem enthusiastic

"Yes, yes, whatever you say; I told you that I would find something, friend "

"Don't forget who the scientist is here"

"Congratulations, Ronnie." Nick almost wanted to say that he didn't expect him to make it.

"I can't wait to report this spectacular find and see the soldiers' faces when I've saved the mission for everyone." Ronnie walked a few steps, but turned around.

"I almost forgot Mr. Nerd, didn't you see a strong trainer with an air of grandeur around here?"

“I have a name, you know, in fact, a trainer with a Wartortle passed through here not long ago, but I think he already left; Can you believe it where he gets a kid from that Pokémon "

"One less problem" Nick appreciated that information

"Yes, I guess"

(I can't risk someone ruining my moment of glory) Ronnie's mind always working

"Nick, you can stand guard while I bring Petrel, beat up whoever comes near"

Nick agreed because this meant ending the day.

"That's the spirit, friend, I'll be right back" Ronni left with his typical speed

Just a few minutes of surveillance later, a boy with a red cap and yellow backpack appeared.

"Don't people have anything better to do?" Nick muttered watching the boy approach.

(He can't be more than 11 years old, although something in his eyes misses me)

"Listen boy, we're working around here, come back later" Diplomacy first.

"..."

"Are you there ... Red?" Nick saw that he had a coaching license hanging on his backgammon

The boy responded by throwing a pokeball, from which a Charmeleon came out.

"You want it hard huh?" Nick hid his amazement as he took out his Pidgey, he was new to training Pokemons, but it must not be very common to see a child with some kind of dragon.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick had no chance, it couldn't even be called a battle, it was a massacre, with only his Charmeleon he brought down his entire team.

"I have nothing" Nick looked at his badly injured Rattata and stepped out of the way, he was not risking his life.

The boy just kept going

Nick returned his Pokémon and heard how that boy took the fossils from the Nerd, when he went to see he was already gone.

"What's going on in this cave? What's next a girl with a Venusaur is going to appear? I should have stayed at the museum" Nick ignored how the scientist ranted while he waited for Ronnie, he didn't take long to return.

"Guys, you will not believe this rumor, another super strong boy arrived and has Charmeleon- Ronnie finally noticed the state of things-wait ... Don't tell me, it must be a joke!" It looked like Ronnie was going to have a crisis when he saw the lack of fossils

"How could this happen?!" Ronnie faced the Nerd.

"H-Hey calm, we tried, but he was very strong he just defeated us and took the two fossils"

"Both fossils, huh?" Petrel arrived on the scene

"Y-Yes sir, that's correct."

(Arceus, when the boss finds out) Petrel knew there was nothing they could do anymore.

"Did you at least get a good look at the person? What Pokemon did he use? Distinguishing characteristics?"

"W-Well, it was only a few seconds before I fell to the ground, but that another recruit fought with him" He pointed out to Nick who had been silent the whole time, reflecting on the combat, he may be a bit lazy and carefree, but if there was something he hated; even if he didn't admit it; it was to fail completely.

"You. What is your name, recruit? "

"Nick, sir" I would not disrespect his superior ... at least not to his face and in this situation.

"Well Nick, you fought that kid, right?"

"I tried, sir."

"Do you remember how he looked and his Pokémon"

"Clearly, sir"

"Great, at least one of you is not completely useless today, we will have to investigate this, as it will look like Team Rocket being defeated by random children, I imagine the boss will want a report on this, but as for this mission, it's over"

"B-but what about me? Petrel, I found those fossils." Ronnie didn't want to miss out on opportunities to move up in the organization.

"And I have them in my hand, right? I don't want to hear anything else" Petrel had to return to the base to report

"Stupid, purple-bearded idiot, I'll show him someday," Ronnie muttered before leaving.

"I'm leaving here" The nerd also left.

Nick also had no reason to stay, he had to find a Pokémon center and return to the base to make his report.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Take the elevator and go to the boss's office" The purple-haired man pointed out.

Nick doesn't expect to meet his boss that quickly… or never for that matter, he was fine with being a regular soldier.

"Watch your words," said one of the guards, letting Nick pass.

"Nick, I guess?" There sitting at his desk was the undisputed leader of the Rocket team, Giovanni, Nick could feel his presence imposing.

"Come, come over to the desk." The pink-haired man stood in front of the furniture, as he approached he noticed that there was a red-haired woman with her own desk not far from them working on a laptop.

“Now let's not waste time, I heard from Petrel that our company on Mount Moon was dismantled by two little coaches, even though Petrel is the weakest of my administrators and the platoon was made up of absolute rookies, I am still puzzled as to how, through the depths of Giratina, they lost to two pre-teens and let them escape, right in front of their eyes! " Giovanni hit the desk and calmed down.

"Ariana, it's absurd, don't you think?" The boss spoke to the redhead.

"Quite a lot" she replied without taking her eyes off the computer

“After reprimanding Petrel for his imcompetence, he informed me that you are the soldier who guarded and fought against the strongest of those imbeciles, and from what they say also the one who lasted the longest, that's why you are here, want every detail to make a profile and make sure that stupid does not get back into the affairs of the  Team Rocket. "

Nick told him everything he knew about the boy

(Red ... Who names his son like that? It doesn't matter, where does a boy of his age get a Charmeleon? He is one of the most unique Pokemon in our region and also has an official license, he must have contacts, Are his parents? ”) Giovanni analyzed the situation.

"I have a bad feeling about these children, especially about this Red, we will have to watch them"

At that moment one of the guards entered the office.

"Excuse me boss, gym leader Blaine is here to talk to you"

"Send it, can you wait a minute Nick"

Nick nodded and turned away

(Not that he can go somewhere and leave the boss lying)

A bald old man with a large white mustache entered the room, wearing a lab coat.

"There you are Blaine"

"You probably guess because I'm here, Giovanni ... and you're not going to like it"

"I have my suspicions, but I want to hear it from your own mouth"

"I can't make any more Porygons for you, I'm so sorry." The old man let out a great sigh.

"You're a disgusting coward, Blaine." He looked away from him.

"Listen! When Fuji found out what they were doing in the Pokémon Tower he went crazy and sent a statement alerting all his contacts to be aware of the Team Rocket , if they catch me doing Porygon I will be finished" Nick could see how he clenched his fists.

"You know I will always support what you guys do here, but I can't risk my position as a gym leader, I have to be quiet for a while."

"Damn you, Blaine, do you know how much we win in our casino for them? The players bet everything for a prize like that"

"Look, I have an alternative, even if you don't like it, but it's been a decade, why don't we ask Professor Oak ...?"

"No!" He didn't even consider the idea as he stretched out his arm so he wouldn't continue.

"I will never fraternize with that filthy traitor, never!"

"Understood" He drew another sigh

"It only remains for me to suggest to Bill, that child is unpredictable, but very intelligent, he must be an act for the job"

"Hpm, well, we don't have many options, I have only commissioned him small things in the technology department because he is somewhat fussy and I do not like him, that rascal always demands ridiculous fees, but he is our only hope"

Giovanni looked directly at Blaine.

"I set you free for now, Blaine, for the good old days, I hope you don't hinder our operations for your own good."

"Yes, Giovanni, thank you." Blaine left the room.

"Nick, I already have your next mission." The boss focused on Nick, who did not miss any details of the meeting.

"This is what I want you to do, listen carefully: North of Cerulean city there a boy named Bill, go and offer him a job offer for our team as a manufacturer of Porygon, tell him he can name his price ... within reason" Giovanni thought for a moment.

"Find our base in the city, there a Rocket administrator will give you merchandise to tempt Bill, the rest is up to you, go ahead"

"Understood sir"

(I think it is here, it comes to being one of the organization)

Just as Nick left the casino he ran into Ronnie.

“Hey Nick, apparently I'm not the only one who got a new mission, we're going to steal a weird and crazy MT from an old man in Cerulean city! This will be great! "

"Ronnie, you shouldn't be around yelling that." Luckily the noise from the casino muffled Ronnie's screams.

"Yeah ... um, I wanted to apologize for how nervous I got on the fossil thing." Ronnie didn't seem very used to apologizing.

"No problem, I understand." Nick smiled a little, he wasn't really mad at Ronnie, but it made a good impression on him that he came to apologize.

"Sure yeah, man! It's time to worry about a real robbery now, my time has come, I can feel it." It seemed like he was going to raise his fists to the sky.

"It's time to go, if you need support, maybe we'll meet at the secret base in the nursery, good luck on your mission, friend" Ronnie ran off

"Well, at least I don't have to investigate where the base is anymore," Nick muttered.

 

15