Chapter 4: Battle on the Bridge
319 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since Bill already knew the organization, and the door was open, he entered the place to face him.

"Oh Team Rocket, wow, it's been a while." The young genius wasn't the least bit worried as he stopped working on some kind of machine.

"The organization requires you for a job" Nick tried to be as professional as possible

"Sure, I'm sorry, but I'm not interested. I have research to do and I am no longer Giovanni's small technical consultant "

Nick stood his ground and hinted at the box he was holding.

"Jaaa, alright, what is the job about?" Bill knew by his face that he wouldn't give up on the first try.

"A source informed us that you know how to create Porygon"

(I don't know because I have a feeling Ronnie would find this funny)

"Porygon huh, of course I know how to do those things ... Who do you think I am?"

(Someone very humble) Nick kept rolling his eyes.

"Let's see what old Giovanni brought me"

Nick handed him the package and Bill began his inspection.

“He has improved his game a bit, but he still thinks of me as an amateur: Magikarp Shiny is fine; but Rare Candies and a ticket to the party at S.S Anne, as if I couldn't get that myself; let's not talk about alcohol, that clouds concentration; at least he still maintains the elegance in his letters. ”Bill read the note on the bottom of the box and thought for a moment.

"Look, kid, there are only two things that matter to me in this life: science and rare Pokemon." Bill looked directly at Nick.

(I won't ask about his family) The pink-haired man listened to his monologue.

“Politics, status, power, that kind of thing could not matter less to me, for me to accept this job Giovanni will have to drop a bit: first; I want any rare Pokémon that Team Rocket gets on a regular basis, I don't care if it's stolen, captured, or cloned; second, since I know they have Silph Co spies, I want them to share any private information, I have heard rumors about a new innovation in Pokémon catches. Do you have everything? "

Nick nodded.

"That's all for now, go and inform your little superiors"

(Giovanni seriously must need this guy) It wasn't Nick's problem, he just has to report

Just as Nick was leaving, Bill spoke again.

"I'll tell you something ... What's your name?"

"Nick"

"You know Nick, I admire your perseverance, the last person who came to ask me for something, left crying" Nick wanted to believe that he was exaggerating.

"I want you to have something" the boy genius went to his table and came back with a phone.

"Yes, I know it looks like a relic compared to the latest Johto models but it is designed not to be tracked and intersected, I want you to be my contact with the Team Rocket this will help communication"

Nick didn't plan on complaining it was the first time he had one of these, plus it was free.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Nick came to the bridge deep in thought

(Bill was a bit mean and arrogant of care, but something his speech made me realize something: What do I want in this life?) Nick from his childhood was surviving, moving from one place to another, that's because he enjoyed the moments of relaxation and peace, but she had never stopped and raised what she really wanted for him.

"For now I think I just want to take them to the top so that nothing knocks them down" He grabbed one of his Pokeballs remembering his Pokemons

On the bridge someone stopped him.

"Because it does not surprise me, it must be the city of blockades"

"What is this ?, more Rockets, I did not think I crossed more of you after Mount Moon, well knocking down more of you can not hurt me" The strange boy with standing hair was ready to fight

"I'm busy boy" Nick doesn't expect to meet the boy from the Wartlote who defeated those recruits on his first mission.

"What you gonna do? Complain to a cop, Mr. Rocket? " He tossed his Pokeball and a Pidgey came out.

"Youth must learn not to be so aggressive" Nick said as if he was not close to his age as he took out his Nidoran.

"Use gust" The bird proceeded to flap its wings.

"Take advantage and use Poison Sting" He hit him, he did not poison him, but by not doing the full attack he received less damage.

"You're not as useless as the other Rockets, Quick Attack"

"Respond with Horn Attack"

(I wonder if Fey can use that?)

After the crash the Pidgey looked sick.

"Ray!" The rival complained.

(Right… one of Nidoran's abilities was toxic point) The first thing Nick did when he got a Pokemon was to find out about it.

"Come back, go Fey." Nick decided it was a good time to change.

"Gust"

"Respond with your own Gust" Nick ordered.

The competition was nearly even, but Fey narrowly won.

"It can't be, this is my second Pokémon"

“What a coincidence mine too. Finish it off with tackle "

"Dodge her and counterattack with a quick attack" He was not going to give up so easy.

Thanks to the increase in speed he managed to hit Fey, however, he did not knock her to the ground

"You think you can imitate that, Fey." You could almost read the challenge in his gaze.

"Another quick attack" The bird picked up speed again.

"Quick, gust, we'll find out later."

Fey flapped his wings at full power, it seemed that his rival was going to overcome the wind, but due to the poisoning he fell unconscious.

"You are not a normal Rocket are you?" He returned his Pidgey and pulled out a Rattata.

"Just one of the group" Nick switched to Hunter.

"Tackle that bug"

"Harden"

The Kakuna withstood the blow

"Keep hitting him until he falls"

Hunter took a few more hits until ...

"Now, String Shot to the feet!" As usual, Hunter managed to entangle his rival.

(I love that strategy)

"What?!"

Nick quickly switched to King.

"Double kick while he is defenseless"

"Bite that thread quickly!" Rattata tried to break free, but the second critically kick to the center of the head ended up knocking him out.

"I didn't think he would have to use this, but it's over." The entrant pulled out a blue turtle.

(This one's as weird as that lizard, I'll play it safe) Nick switched back to Hunter.

"String Shot!" Nick was trying his luck.

"I won't fall for that twice, withdraw." The Wartlote hid his limbs in the shell.

"Poison Sting, as many as you can" a large group of thorns flew to the adversary.

"Water gun, pointed to center." Some hit the turtle, without poisoning it, but the Water gun overcame Poison Sting's tide and hit the Kakuna, weakening him.

"Rest" This time King came out.

"Finish it with a Water gun too"

“Jump with the help of double kick and use Poison Sting.” Using the double kick momentum he took a great leap, dodging the jet of water, and rained poisonous thorns on his unprotected opponent.

"War" The turtle complained about the poisoning.

"No again!"

"The third is the charm" Nick smiled

"Shoot jets of water in small intervals"

"Try to dodge and use Poison Sting" Nick knew that he would never get close to perform other attacks

The Nidoran managed to dodge the first and damage the Wartlole a bit more but the second soaked it knocking it out.

"You did excellent." Nick brought out his last Pokémon.

Now it was one on one.

"I have to admit that you had a good battle Rocket but it's over, use a Water gun"

"Dodge it and stay in the air"

For a long time they played at hitting the target.

"You won't be able to dodge forever!"

"No need" Nick pointed to the fatigued and poisoned Wartlote.

"Send him to rest with a gust" Fey attacked with all his might and his opponent couldn't take it anymore, fainting.

The standing-haired trainer squeezed another Pokeball as he looked at his downed starter Pokémon.

"Jaaa" he just let out a sigh and returned his turtle to the Pokeball, he actually had another Pokemon, but it wouldn't be useful under these circumstances.

“Well, you win, you know?, sometimes this is not… fair, having the right Pokémon or move? Hit in the moment ?, one always wonders this "

"I think we've all been there" Nick always wonders how he can improve, conformism leads to another loss like Red's.

"I guess I just have to train harder."

"That's also my answer so far" Nick didn't know why he kept talking to him, maybe he felt a certain sympathy.

"I must improve, be stronger, I'm still not good enough" The boy ran to the Pokémon center.

Nick had to go on his way too, but at the end of the bridge there was another surprise.

"I hope I don't go back to this bridge," Nick muttered as Ronnie boarded him.

"Hey, friend, you would have seen it, that was the most rude robbery in history! We just arrived and left that fat man without MT" The green-haired rant excitedly.

"So ... what have you been doing anyway?"

"Not much, I just beat that coach with Wartlote del Monte Luna" Nick was betting if Ronnie believed it.

"..." Ronnie processed the information.

"What have you been smoking?" Ronnie saw that his friend was still looking serious.

"Are you serious? ... Imagine it! I knew those recruits were weaklings, strong guys like you and I know how to face things, I just wish I was the one who kicked his ass"

"Sure" Nick would lie to me if I said he wasn't curious about Ronnie's team.

"Great talk, but we should go back to base, no one will commit crimes for us."

Ronnie was walking calmly until he saw the police investigating the burglary house.

"It's the law, run Nick!"

(Discretion was not an option, was it? ”)

Nick started running too.

10