Chapter 5: Shock
524 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ronnie entered the base alarmed, followed by Nick.

"Guys, MT's collector's house is surrounded by cops, we barely escaped free." Ronnie saw his previous group report back to Archer

Nick preferred to spare Ronnie the embarrassment.

"We know, man," replied a recruit.

"I'm not worried, with our stealth skills, they won't know it was us or any other thief" The girl in the group commented.

"We are not the most covert group" Another recruit trembled nervously

"Hush! Although the police responded faster than usual, there is nothing to worry about we have influence for these small incidents" Archer concluded.

"This won't shock us unless ..."

"Administrator Archer, watch the news!" An investigator from the base called from afar

They all went in front of the TV of the base without wasting time.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

"And now, the shocking news related to the crime: A renowned collector of technical machines was the victim of a robbery at his own home in Cerulean City, the police arrived shortly after the incident and the perpetrators are still at large; we go live from the scene "

We went from the film set to the inside of a house.

"We have some words from the victim" The reporter handed the microphone to a man in climbing clothes.

“I am still processing the situation, when I returned from my regular walk on Mount Moon, all my technical machines were gone and just this month, I had to teach "Dig" to a trainer, but my things are gone. Also, there is a gigantic hole in my wall” The mountaineer pointed to the obvious hole behind him sadly.

"A truly disconcerting story, now we have the owner's daughter who was nearby during the incident, she will tell us what she saw" The reporter ordered a focus to the girl next to the mountaineer.

"Well, I don't know if it's related, but a funny guy tried to rob me just before."

"Really shocking"

"Yes, it was funny, he had green hair and wore black pajamas, he challenged me to a Pokémon battle, although his Spearow attacked him from time to time he managed to defeat me, but when I didn't give him one of my Pokemons he yelled something at me about not following the rules  and ran off with other guys dressed in black. It was all very strange "

The cameraman shifted his focus from her to a young female officer.

"Officer Jenny, I have been informed that, thanks to the witness's statement, the police department has a fairly clear idea of who could be behind this crime," the reporter insisted.

"I will not comment before finalizing the investigation"

"But Officer Jenny it is obvious that it was Team Rocket from the description of the uniform, the government said to be clear" Said another police officer who received a sharp look from Officer Jenny and then backed away whistling.

"You heard it here first bystanders! Kanto police declare that the recently notorious criminal organization, Team Rocket, is behind this heinous crime, we return to the studio" The reporter ignored the event beside her.

"In related news, our current champion Lance has some comments for the press"

The picture changes to the league building.

“It draws my attention, as this criminal organization 'Team Rocket' has taken root in the region and the law does not seem to care. I have heard how this organization has committed numerous crimes and the police seem to have one eye closed, reports come from Mount Moon to the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town, there is even great misinformation to the general public "

The dragon tamer turned his back to the cameras.

"All of this is, of course, completely unadaptable, which is why I have started a new program to bring those Rockets to justice ..."

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Archer turned off the television.

"Oh no, they are upon us!" Shouted a trembling recruit.

"Man, I can't go to jail! Ronnie, this is all your fault, you piece of trash" pointed out the leader of the previous mission

"Now the police will be on us because you could not drive away a little girl"

"Yes, why can't you be discreet ?!" The trembling recruit seconded

"C-Guys, don't worry, how was I going to know that she was MT's collector's daughter and that she would not leave after my magnificent victory?" Ronnie defended himself

"Your victory was ..." It seemed that an argument was about to break out.

"That's enough, recruits" Archer put an end to it

"That Lance, pretending he doesn't know about us ... The day he" plucks up our roots "will be the day I die, don't believe that idiot's words, just fall into his trap, I'll discuss this with the boss, disperse until further orders. ”Everyone walked away except Nick who had to give his report.

......................................................................................................................

"And that's the situation, sir."

“Nick, I'm not going to pretend I'm good at giving empty praise, I'll just say, good job, I'll inform the boss of Bill's terms, this will save our casino business for sure, but we have to continue, I already have your next assignment, being efficient has its burdens. ”Archer smiled at him a little.

Nick nodded and mentally sighed.

"We have a smuggling business with the gym leader in Vermilion city"

Nick couldn't hide his surprise from him, and the general public, the gym leaders were the most sacred, honest and patriotic thing a region had, or at least that's how the advertisements painted it, not that he knew any.

"Heh, Lieutenant Surge earned his status for his participation in the war, not that he is very happy to be ruled by the enemy, sympathizing with the Team Rocket was natural" Archer continued reading Nick's face.

"Anyway, the good lieutenant has to handle a good number of merchandise in the port, in this case some rare Pokemons that will arrive in the S.S Anne, in three days, he will make our work easier and will turn a blind eye when you deliver something special created by our scientists in the other room. One last detail will be a Rocket administrator as a liaison waiting for you in town, good luck ” Archer left to do his homework

Nick said goodbye and went to look for the "package" in the other room

"Are you the recruit in charge of Lieutenant Surge's business?" Said the lead scientist

Nick nodded.

"Well, here, they are the best steroids on the market."

Nick looked at the large syringe in the transparent box.

(I've never liked these things, seen people obsessed with “Vileplume” and people hallucinating with Paras mushroom infusion) Nick saw a lot of people die from drugs on the streets.

He just took the package and left, but not before restocking essential items at the base.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick used flight to spend the night in Saffron City and train the next morning

On Route 8, Nick defeated some trainers and wild Pokemon.

"No one to join the team, let's keep practicing fast attack and special training with Hunter" Nick was talking to Fey, he felt that she almost had him dominated, the second was in case of emergency.

A commotion could be heard in the distance

"What's that noise?"

When Nick went to inspect he saw a herd of Ekans, most of them unconscious, there were only 2 of the 6 left and they appeared to be fighting another of their kind.

"Can not be!" Nick was not surprised by the violence, it was common in nature, he was shocked by the color of one of the Ekans.

"Shiny" Anyone who does not live under a rock knows how rare and valuable these Pokémon are, this Ekan stood out from its counterpart for its green color.

Nick watched the fight unfold and immediately understood how he had taken down so many enemies

"Ekan" The Shiny Pokémon sank to the ground.

"Does he know how to dig?" If Nick were an expert he would be more surprised, because this is not a move that an Ekan usually learns in the wild.

The opponent tried to guess where he would come out, but ended up getting hit from below. The green Ekan finished the job, constricting him to unconsciousness.

"This one doesn't escape me" This would be Nick's first official capture attempt

"Tackled, Fey" The Pigdgey hit the unsuspecting Ekan.

"Ekan-Ek" The Pokemon looked angry

"I am challenging you, I want you on my team"

As if understanding, the Ekan surprisingly nodded and gave him a challenging look.

"Great, another warrior." Nick could almost hear Fey laugh.

The wild Pokemon made the first move, spitting acid.

"Dodge it and use a gust." Fey managed to avoid the purple liquid and proceeded to flap his wings.

Feeling the wind against his skin, the Ekan hid underground to minimize the blow.

"Stay in the air and wait." Nick knew he couldn't hide forever.

In the end, the Shiny Pokemon surfaced, leaping surprisingly high but unable to reach the bird.

"Ekan" He seemed a bit sad, but it was not the time because a big blow was heading towards him. Instead of dodging he crashed head-on into the Pidgey.

"You like to play rough, let's try it quick attack" At that moment a light enveloped his Pokemon.

Nick just smiles at the sight.

"Pidgeotto!" Fey shouted animatedly and without even contemplating his new appearance, he made the quick attack before his rival who saw the scene surprised.

"Ekan" he could not react in time and fell to the ground from the blow, but he was not going to give up and spit acid.

"Let's test the power of your tornado" Fey flapped his wings at full power deflecting the purple liquid and hitting Ekan ..

"Go" he threw the Pokeball and hit the snake.

The sphere shook twice and the Pokemon broke free.

"Ekan!" He sharpened his gaze for Malicious and tried to bite the bird.

"Return the favor with a tackle." Both Pokemon collided again, but this time Fey came off better.

"Pidgeot" The bird took another tackle to take down the Ekan.

"Let's see this time." He threw another pokeball.

"Birip, birip ... Climp" After shaking three times he made the catch sound.

"It's mine." Nick wanted to avoid the joke that stealing seemed easier.

"Come out" The Ekan still appeared to have some energy.

"Welcome to the team" he caressed Pidgeotto for a good job, she seemed to enjoy it despite his resistance.

"Ekan" the snake seemed to accept the loss of him.

"Would you like to call yourself Warrior?" Nick suggested names

"Ek, Kan" Pointed at Fey.

"It will be that ... you are female"

The Shiny Pokemon nodded.

"Why are they always tough females?" Fey took it as a compliment because she started yelling around her.

"How about Rue?"

The snake nodded happily.

"Productive day, now to rest" Nick was very happy about this.

10