Chapter 10: Revelations
243 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick could not wait to hit the person he found on his way out.

"Excuse me, young man, don't you know where to find a friend of mine named Fuji ... That uniform" The person just walked away

"Forget my question have a day"

"..." Nick knew he wasn't ready to fight an ex-champion.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

(And the day started so well) The next morning, arriving at the base, he had another unpleasant encounter

"..." There he was, the strongest trainer he ever fought, the threat known as Red.

Nick had your hands on his Pokeballs, they were shaking a little, even though he didn't realize it.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, the boy only continued on his way after leaving the casino, completely ignoring Nick.

Nick let out his contained breath.

(I still lack training… isn't he too young to enter this place?) He didn't remember the required age, so he just advanced.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick could only imagine what happened at the base, just seeing the guy on the poster tremble gave a clue, the whole place was in panic or paralyzed.

"Dude, I don't know what to call what happened down here." Even Ronnie didn't have his typical enthusiasm.

"He ... he just knocked us out, all of us."

(Still coherent at least) Nick saw more affected people around.

"Everyone at the base?" The pink-haired boy knew he was strong, but he carried the entire lair by himself.

(Do you have a portable healing machine or what?)

"Yeah man, even the boss ... hell take us, that boy was a monster"

"Calm Ronnie, this is not over" It was the best thing he could think of to cheer him up, nor in dreams would he say that next time they will win with complete confidence.

"That's right, I must go heal my Pokemons, Fifi fought until she fell, see you" Ronnie went out to the Pokémon center.

(Be happy that your equipment is intact, not everyone is so lucky)

As Nick went to the elevator to arrive with Giovanni, he listened to the conversations of other recruits.

"God, that Charizard, I never had a chance."

"Nothing seemed to stop him, he took away my salary"

"Hahaha, shot down by a kid and I'm a gangster, hahaha"

"It's the first time I've seen a sociopath like that, he was silent the whole time, except to give orders to his pokemon, it was creepy"

(I have to admit, he's good at marking people… I wish it was in a good way) Nick walked into the Boss's office.

"Ariana, this is ... positively, the worst humiliation we've ever been through" Giovanni seemed to vent to his secretary

“If Lance and the elite four had broken in here and taken us out, he would be furious. If it were the final attack by some small-time gang, I would take it as a slight to my honor… but this! How the hell do you prepare for this ?! ” He started banging on the desk.

"A boy !, I mean ... In the name of Arceus, what am I going to do with this ?! Kanto's most notorious and prestigious organization ... brought to his knees by a stupid preteen" Stopped hitting the table and just leaned against it.

“I no longer have most of my best team; but I am disgusted and ashamed of our incompetence; underestimate that boy too much, look at him now !, four medals and fully evolved Pokemon in his arsenal… when we find out how much he will be in Viridian City, we will have to prepare "

"You know I'm always prepared, you know who would follow you to the end ... but for now you have a visitor" Ariana pointed to Nick.

“Nick… I'll be frank Fuji's antics are the least of my problems, but a leader should do his job, give me your report… quickly if possible.

"Understood boss, but apart from my mission I got information about trainer Red"

"Oh, do you want to pique my interest? Tell me from the beginning.

(No, but you would have found out as long as I tell you what happened)

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick told him everything that happened, obviously leaving aside the emotional part of Green

(Native of the Paleta Town, an official license sponsored by that traitor… at least we know where he got that Charizard from. We also have Oak looking for Fuji) Giovanni analyzed the new information.

“Nick, I think it's time for you to get the full picture… I never thought I would say this to a simple soldier, but at this rate you will soon stop being one, and I can also see how you start to dislike that bastard Oak, no matter the reason, with this you will understand because he is one of the greatest enemies of this organization. "

Nick knew it was story time

(Here we go)

“It all started eleven years ago… the efforts in the war were not very fruitful so, secretly, they gathered the best minds in the nation, with Oak at the head, to find the key to victory. First, they looked for the most mysterious and rare Pokémon in the region ... a legendary if you prefer, but simple legends do not win wars, Oak knew it when he saw Fuji return with the Pokémon called Mew, this could not be the weapon to be used against Lance and Johto.

Nick was curious what this Mew would be like.

(To be considered a legend, but not contribute anything to a war ... is it the Pokémon of agriculture?)

"Don't get me wrong, he was a powerful creature, but he was contained in a body of benevolence and compassion, we couldn't make him defeat a Magikarp for sport, leaving him on a battlefield with brutal enemies would be the end"

(I can imagine it)

"Oak had to find another solution"

(Well, there must be other legendary Pokemon or ...)

“To harness the latent power of Mew, it was decided to make a genetically identical clone, but with an innate instinct for battle. It was called: the Mewtwo project "

(That… That's another way) Nick tried not to startle, this seemed like a premise for a Pokewood movie.

“At that time, I was one of the richest men in Kanto and a great coach; in fact, he was aspiring to the title; As you might guess, in my quest to help the region, I financed the project. A great team was assembled: Blaine, Fuji, Bill, a great scientist named Shigeki, they were all geniuses in their own right, they worked day and night to save the region. "

(Obviously it didn't end well because there is no national victory day)

“The project had more difficulties than expected, failure after failure, we could not stabilize the clone, some failures were disgusting to see and I think that time and the lack of success were beginning to affect Oak, but luckily Fuji came with a new hope. "

(He's not going to get better, right?)

"He had the idea to contain the power of Mew in a more" solid "body, combining the DNA of Mew with the human"

(…)

"The first tests gave positive results, although Oak had great skepticism in the project, it turned out to be the right way ... before than expected we already had a powerful psychic Pokémon ... unfortunately the Mewtwo project fell under its own weight, due to his great intelligence he did not see value in the cause of Kanto, he refused to be treated as a weapon of war and with his great strength he escaped ... Currently I have suspicions that he is hiding in a certain dangerous cave, but I was diverted "

(Wait, is that thing still free ?!)

“When we lost Mewtwo, I knew it was over… Oak announced his surrender and the end of the war… we destroyed all information about the project before the enemy took power, then the only thing left to do was to see the inevitable outcome; Fuji sold scientific secrets to go free, Blaine and Bill surrendered shortly after and ended up under government supervision, being a simple assistant on paper, Bill achieved less harsh terms; as for me, I lost almost all my fortune and any opportunity to have a high position in the government, including being a champion "

Nick could see how much he was still angry and hurt to remember those moments.

“I still remember that Oak rat standing there next to Lance like nothing, as if delivering your region was not important, when I left the league building, I swore I would see Lance fall, I did not care if it was not by legitimate means "

Giovanni reached for a drink on his desk.

"And that's the story, boy." He finished his drink and took a hat off a hanger.

(Life never ceases to amaze) Nick processed the whole story

"Ariana, I have to go to Viridian City, with that Red hanging around, we don't have time, take care of the fort"

"If you think that's the right thing to do, but ... our boy won't be happy"

"He knows what I should do this"

"Very good" Ariana left the office.

"Jaaa, look, soldier, Oak being the one who most despises the Mewtwo project, what is looking for Fuji after all these years, it's not good news, I can't imagine what he's looking for, but we have to find out, that's why your next mission will be to go to Paleta Town to investigate "

(I should have guessed, if we were not criminals, I would demand breaks)

"You do not have to face Oak, he is legally prohibited in Pokémon battles, but you should never trust the laws too much, breaking into his laboratory and" interviewing "the locals should give us enough clues about that traitor and Red"

"Understood, sir, I'll get going."

"Excellent, one more thing before you go" Giovanni handed him one ...

"Lever?" Nick was confused.

"That seems right? It is a high-tech device to open doors, that is just a simple camouflage"

(I mean, a lever… Rocket) Nick hoped it had some official name

"Take this too." I hand him an electronic device.

"It is a device that will indicate when your presence is necessary at the headquarters or wherever it is"

(I understand the lever, but this ...)

"You don't know, but these are the objects of an administrator"

"That means…"

"Congratulations on your promotion, keep up the good work, kid."

Nick stood still as Giovanni left.

7