Chapter 12: “Love”
348 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Should I enter?" Nick was in front of the Pokémon center in Pewter City, he wondered what problem these people had with this place.

(On the outside it seems normal ... whatever, I want to sleep) He didn't have much to choose from, he had to heal his Pokemons and rest for the night, so he went inside.

(Everything is normal) Except for the lack of customers, it seemed like a Pokémon center like any other.

"Excuse me." Nick spoke to Nurse Joy at the counter.

"This is the Pokémon center ... in case you're too moron to notice"

"..."

"Sorry, it's political to say this stupid." She had a tired expression.

(Well… it's different) Joy nurses are usually a roof of goodness.

"Do you want something or will you just stand there?"

"I want to heal my Pokemons and a room, please" Nick handed the money for the room, they are the cheapest and most comfortable stay in a city.

"Well, have your key and be patient while they receive treatment ... if you leave a room very messy, we will have a few words" Nurse Joy left with the Pokeballs.

"Chansey" Nurse Joy's Chansey looked very sorry as she leaned in to apologize.

"Don't worry." Nick went to drop off his belongings.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"We have restored your team"

"Thank you" Nick received his Pokemon back.

"At least you have models, you would be surprised how many ungrateful people I come across every day"

"I can imagine it"

"You're one of those Rocket boys, right?"

Nick just nodded, even with the change of outfit, he couldn't completely hide it.

(Will you give me the speech on rethinking my life?) When your team was not healing on base, some nurses tried to change their ways.

"You are just what I need!"

"What?"

"Look, I can't take it anymore! I need a thug like you to help me!"

"Chansey!"

"Silence Amara, I have to solve this!"

The pink Pokémon sighed and shook his head at her, she seemed a bit used to it.

(People who say that every day is a new experience… sometimes they don't exaggerate) Of all the people, a Nurse Joy was the penultimate person she saw asking a criminal organization for a favor.

"I want you to go teach someone a lesson, don't worry, I'm not an ungrateful petty, I can pay you"

(This is strangely familiar)

"I'll take it as a yes, listen carefully, I'm dating a cop in Viridian city.

(Why don't people wait for an answer?) Nick's thoughts were reflected on his face

"And that face? I am attracted to men in uniform, I think it's great how it looks when fighting crime ... no offense" Nurse Joy did not get the correct message and followed her speech.

"But you know ... with this great forest that separates us and his work, we don't have time to see each other so often and ..." She was silent and looked away, her Pokémon patted her on the back.

“… Arg! Dammit! That son of Granbull is cheating on me! " She kicked a nearby garbage can.

"Chan, Chansey"

“You never liked him!

(It almost seems that she understands her Chansey perfectly) Nick found it a bit cute because it means you have a great bond with your Pokémon.

“I get off the subject, there are clear signs, first he's late for our datings, doesn't call me that often at night anymore… but the worst was a few days ago, I made a surprise visit to Viridian city and I saw him at his house… with another girl! " she pounded on the trash can.

"Chansey, chan"

“Yes, I know this will come out of my pay! At least he's not a customer! I still remember how you dumped that Machoke "

"Chansey, Chansey"

"I know! It was in 'self defense', let me finish my hiring!"

(…)

"Excuse the interruptions, it still makes me livid remembering that stupid and fake laughing with my boyfriend… ex-boyfriend, that bastard thinks he can walk on me!" Nurse Joy roared in fury, both literally and figuratively.

(What a ... intense woman) He would not call her crazy because betrayal is a hard matter, as for love, he had no experience whatsoever.

“Go to her house and give him a good beating! The more he cries, the more I will pay you! "

Nick could swear he saw flames in her eyes.

"And make sure you let him know who it's coming from! You don't have to worry about the consequences, Officer Jenny over there owes me a favor."

Nick didn't want to get involved, but he didn't want to find out what she would do to him if he refused, so he just nodded.

"Chansey" The pink Pokemon patted Nick on the back

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The next morning, after morning training and a good walk through the woods, Nick had arrived in Viridian City.

"I can't believe he's doing this." He had his target address on a piece of paper.

"I think it's near the Gym" When he was looking for the right street he saw a red-haired boy approaching at high speed.

“Oh great, more of dad's subordinates; you're looking for me, right ?; but answer this ... Why does he always order others to do their dirty work? "

(People should stop assuming the world revolves around them) Nick had obvious suspicions as to who this boy's father was.

"Is he too cowardly to do things himself?"

(One person can't do everything) Although Nick thought in general terms.

"If he just came ..." With those words he ran off

The suspicions were confirmed with the person who arrived later.

"He misses him, welcome to Viridian City, boy." Ariana went after the boy.

"Complicated, huh?"

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"The address, hip, what are you looking for, hip, is there" A drunken old man was helping Nick.

"Thanks"

"You're welcome, hip, it reminds me of my, hip, golden times, hip, always looking, hip, places of interest"

The old man went to his house and Nick knocked on the door.

"Yes ... we have here, a Rocket of flesh and blood, you are too cheeky to knock on the door of a law enforcement officer in his spare time" Said a man opening the door

"Sorry to tell you I come with immunity." Nick pushed him inside and closed the door.

The policeman's house was surprisingly elegant with large overstuffed sofas, ornate wooden cabinets, and massive spider lamps.

"Who do you think you are!?"

"Let's say a nurse Joy in Pewter City is charging a favor."

The officer froze for a moment.

"Hahahaha, you expect me to believe that ..." Nick punched her in the face.

"Okay, this is a beating ... if she asks tell her you cried a lot" Nick was not going to torture the guy.

"Enough, you're under arrest!" The cop pulled out a Growlithe.

(Lucky it's a spacious room) Nick chose his Popplio.

"Where did you get that Pokémon? Surely it is stolen"

"Disarming Voice" Nick wasn't going to get into this conversation.

"Popplio, po!" (You are very small)

The dog suffered some damage on both fronts.

"What's wrong with you, Growlithe? React, use Fire Fang. ”The dog's mouth caught fire and he ran towards the seal.

"Water gun" The water soaked the dog, stopping his attack.

"Water-type, I should have assumed" he patted his forehead

"Bathe him again." Maid made another Water gun.

"Go through it with Reversal" Growlithe began to glow and collided with the stream of water, taking the damage to get closer to Maid.

"Baby-Doll Eyes" With her opponent's speed, she couldn't dodge in time.

"Po" Due to Popplio's little face, the fire-type slowed down, even so, he hit hard.

(I need time off for an intensive training with Maid, not everyone is going to be assholes like yesterday) Nick thought looking at his injured Pokémon.

"Go ahead attack, Reversal" The policeman smiled, he was confident that his Pokémon would resist another attack unlike Nick's.

Nick thought for a moment, he couldn't dodge like in the battle of the muscle man for the roof ... it was time to get creative.

"Get on the couch and jump to the lamp." Maid stepped away from her opponent and did as ordered.

"What are you doing!?"

"Take advantage of the terrain, shoot from there" Maid began bombarding with her water.

Growlithe did not dodge or hold reversal forever and could not get close

(I can't use a flamethrower in my house) The policeman just watched helplessly as his Growlithe fainted.

"As expected from fighting a Rocket, dirty tactics"

"Po, po, plio" Maid did not share the officer's opinion and she started jumping happily as she shot water and made bubbles.

"Stop wetting my living room!"

The Water-Type ignored the scream and did more and more until she was completely covered in water.

"Maid, come down from there" Nick wanted to return her Pokeball watching as the policeman pulled out a Machop.

"Popplio" At full speed, covered in water and apparently not seeing where she was going, she collided with the unsuspecting Machop.

"That's what happens to me for having models, Machop Karate Chop!"

The Fighting-Type was ready to hit the seal when a red bolt made him disappear.

(I'll check that later) Nick chose Fey.

(Not much space, but ...)

"Gust until it falls" Machop had nowhere to escape ... and neither did the decorations.

"Enough, enough!" The policeman made no effort to think of a countermeasure and switches to a Poliwhirl.

"Pigeot" Fey insulted him before being returned.

"Go, Rue"

The huge snake landed ... destroying the coffee table.

"You want to stop ruining my house!" At this rate the officer would seriously cry, he was so upset that he ignored the color of the Arbok.

(I can't even use Rain Dance here!) The man was so limited that Rue overpowered the Poliwhirl with just his physical strength, without any trick.

"What do you want from me?!"

"I'm just a glorified messenger." Seeing that he no longer had Pokemons, Nick left the site.

"Did Joy really send you to do this to me? Why ?!"

"She says you're cheating on her with another woman" The man should at least know the reason for the attack on his person ... and home.

"Eh? Does she think I'm unfaithful? Where did…" Someone entered the house at that moment.

"Hey, Teddy, hip" It was the drunk man who gave Nick directions.

"Neighbor, hip, I come to ..." he noticed the state of the room.

"I told you to invite me, hip, to your parties ... whatever, you can take care, hip, of my Jynx again while I take a nap"

The Pokémon entered and hugged the policeman.

"She loves spending time with you, hip, take care of her and thank you" The old man left the house.

"..."

"..." They both just looked at each other and Nick walked slowly out of the house.

(I do not want to know)

9