Chapter 13: Pallet Town
276 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick used the videophone at the Pokémon Center in Viridian City to call his "client"

"Chansey?" Nurse Joy's partner answered.

"Hello, can you communicate with Joy, please?"

"Chan-" The Pokémon nodded when screams were heard in the background.

“That's the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard! You can take that Pokémon and sleep with her, Ted! I hope you enjoy remodeling your home! "

"She's still in a good mood"

"Sey ..."

"Who is it, Amara? I hope you're not threatening people on the phone again."

"Chansey, Chansey!"

"You say he was a phone scammer, I say he was just a salesman" The nurse came closer and saw that it was Nick.

"I saw the results and I'm satisfied ... I never expected you to demolish his room, but that coward deserves it, he doesn't even admit it, you should listen to his argument, only a stupid would believe it"

"..." Nick saved comments

"When you return I will give you your reward, believe me you will love it"

"Chansey"

"What is that supposed to mean!?" She dropped the call.

"At least it's over" Nick had to continue to finish his real mission

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

After some little fighting he reached Pallet Town.

(I need to perfect Maid's Aqua Jet) Nick had checked with the Pokémon Center about that incident.

"But first" Nick knocked on the door that literally said: Red's House

(Was it some kind of village tradition?) Not far to the right was one that had written: Green's House.

(That boy…)

Before Nick reflected, the door was opened.

"Yes, how can I help you?" As the mission might warrant it, Nick covered the R on his uniform to go incognito when he got to town.

"Is this Trainer Red's house?"

"Huh ...?, If this is his house and I am his mother"

To Nick, she looked like an ordinary housewife

"I am a reporter doing an article about future legends and I would like you to tell me information about Red"

"Well, he was always quiet since he was little, his interest in Pokémon battles has never changed since he saw the first one on television and it has never caused problems, although I would like him to have more friends ... the only one he has is our neighbor Green" she had a worried expression.

(Keep dreaming)

"What about his father?"

"T-That's a topic we don't like to talk about, if you'll excuse me I have chores to do" She closed the door quickly nervously

(Interesting) There was more research material here.

(Now it's time to go to the lab) Nick went up the hill and knocked on the door, but this time he hid, he wanted to check if there was someone else, without risking Oak recognizing his face.

After a while without anyone opening it, Nick assumed no one was home.

"It's time ... for the tool." As much as he didn't like the way he looked, the device did its job opening the door.

"I was expecting something more impressive" It was just a normal building with some machines and tables with papers.

"Not even a rare Pokémon" Nick was reading a report on how a project called PokeDex is progressing.

"Where will the professor be?" He got the answer from him by checking his mail.

"Did they invite a disgraced ex-champion to the league?" He was still a prestigious professor, but he was still strange.

When he believed that there was nothing else of interest and left the laboratory.

"I think that's all ..." A gust of wind interrupted Nick causing him to cover his eyes.

"Excuse me, young man"

When he could look up he saw an old woman

"I'm sorry my landing bothered you ... oh god, in all my years visiting Pallet Town. I never think I see your kind in this quiet place."

From the old woman's words, Nick realized that the covering of the R of him was blown off in the high winds.

"You're here for Oak, right?"

The pink-haired man had his hands on his Pokeballs.

“Mn? Oh I have no intention of stopping you. Your organization is not the only one with problems with Oak… come have a cup of tea if you are not busy. ”Grandma entered Green's house.

Nick didn't need a hunch to know that he might get good information, yet he was vigilant as he followed her.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Your tea is excellent as always Daisy" The old woman took a few sips.

Nick had met Green's sister, he had to admit that she was attractive and she must be her age, but he wasn't here for that.

"Daisy and her brother are like my grandchildren, I'm basically the only family they have ... well and" professor "Oak when he shows her face around here" The old woman sighed remembering the past.

“Oak and I were very close when we were young, he was an honorable fighter… in those days, he was the embodiment of strength and determination… I thought we would always stick to our principles… even when her son died in the war, we stood firm to avenge them. ”The disappointment on her face was enormous and then turned to fury.

"I swear it! He gave her word! And then he… committed the most cowardly and shameful act she had ever seen. ”She pounded the table hard as Daisy tried to calm her down.

"He was the champion, the leader of the region, and he gave up… all to save his own skin… he was not the Oak I knew… he would never have given up no matter what the odds, even if it ended in his death."

"Grandma, please!" Daisy had heard enough.

"..."

(Oak disappointed everyone, how can he go on like that) This is the first time Nick has met someone who fails as a leader, partner and grandfather all at the same time.

"I'm sorry dear, you know how I get on, I'd better go, there's always work to do, take care of yourself and say hello to your brother for me." She was heading to the door, but stopped to look at Nick.

"I can't say I approve of what you and your boss do in the region ... but I can't deny that sympathize with his frustration, until we meet again." She walked out the door leaving Nick and Daisy alone.

"You know ..." Nick was ready to leave when the girl spoke to him.

"Don't think that grandpa is really a bad person"

(I don't know if Green agrees)

"He is really kind and cheerful as the newspapers show and he took care of me and Green"

(I guess no one can be universally hated)

"But ... there is something that always bothered me ..." At that moment some screams were heard from outside.

"Hey Nick, are you there ?!" Ronnie broke into the house.

"Finally, I've been looking everywhere for you."

(I had forgotten about Ronnie) Nick patted his face

"We have a teacher to question, let's not waste time! Give it to that old man" Ronnie was as excited as ever, ignoring those around him.

(As subtle as ever)

"No! You won't mess with my grandfather! This is why he always said he should keep me away from Rocket" Daisy only trusted Nick because her grandmother brought him.

"Wow, Nick, you like female fighters."

(If it wasn't Ronnie, I'd think he's making fun of me)

"Well, there is no time for romance we must go to that laboratory"

"Listen Ronnie, now ..." But Green's sister interrupted them.

"They are not going anywhere!" The girl threw a pokeball from which a Raichu came out

(I should have assumed she was a trainer) Nick was going to take out a Pokémon, but Ronnie be ahead.

"Your rat doesn't scare us!" Ronnie pulled out a Koffing.

"Iron Tail" The illuminated tail of the Raichu sent Koffing flying out of the house.

"Rai" The mouse followed him.

"II take care of this one." Ronnie chased after them.

"Jaaa, Raichu was always independent, but I know he can handle it." Daisy followed with a Chansey.

Nick resigned himself and took Hunter out

"Use Poison Sting" The poisoned needles flew quickly to the pink Pokémon.

"Take Down" Ignoring the damage charged to the thorns.

"Chansey!" Overcoming the damage, she jumped and collided with the Beedrilll getting on top of him

"Quick, Fury Attack." The Pokémon's spears flashed and began to strike.

"Double Slap and then Soft-Boiled" They both started a round of "punch exchange"

Nick knew Hunter was at a disadvantage, so when Chansey stopped to use Soft-Boiled, he switched Pokémon.

"King uses Horn Attack aiming up" El Nidorido made a jump and attacked aiming for the head.

"Chansey!" Shout the pink Pokémon when receiving a critical hit

"Finish it off with Poison Sting"

"Chansey use takedown with all your might"

"Shoot as many as you can concentrated to one point." she tried to overcome the thorn jet again, but she ended up fainting as soon as she touched King.

"No, Chansey"

"We can stop now." This fight made no sense to Nick.

Daisy responded by pulling out a Nidorina.

The two Pokémon looked at each other and Daisy's Pokémon was slowly approaching.

"" Use ... "" The trainers froze as Nidorina began to caress King, who was confused and uncomfortable.

"Ni, Nido, rina." Whatever he said made King sweat as his opponent cooed more to him.

"Natasha, this is not the time" Daisy was very embarrassed, she almost forgot the whole situation

"..." Nick had no words.

They both returned to their Pokemon at about the same time.

"let's leave it in a tie" Before Daisy answered, Ronnie came back inside.

"Dude, that Raichu was a beast, Koffing poisoned him, he fought with him for a while and he still almost defeated Diglet, luckily I'm fabulous ... you haven't finished yet, let me help you man" Ronnie released his Raticate and threatened Daisy.

"..." She knew she couldn't two against one.

"Raticate uses ..." Ronnie felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Ronnie, it's over" Nick wanted to stop wasting time

"But what about the old man?"

"I've already checked his laboratory, he's not in town"

"Wow, speaking of wasting time ... haaa I guess we should go back to base"

They both left the house, under the gaze of Daisy who only observed her departure ... and how Ronnie's Raticate took some food.

7