Chapter 14: Reward and Heading to Cinnabar Island
447 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick and Ronnie stopped by the Pewter City Pokemon Center to rest and claim Nick's reward.

"You came back." At least Nurse Joy received him without insulting him.

"Hello, a room for each one, please"

"Here, thanks again for the favor, come see me on my break in an hour" She said whispering the last part.

(Couldn't she just give it to me?… I hope it's not illegal drugs or something).

"Wow, Nick this is the first time I see a nurse Joy who is not a bore, they always try to ruin my style" Ronnie blurted out.

"You should thank them, you have seen yourself in a mirror" She will not be the most popular of her family, but she was not going to listen to how he insulted them.

"Chansey!"

"He started and you've seen his stupid face!"

"Chansey, Chan"

"Why shouldn't I say it?"

"What's wrong with them?" Ronnie took out his Raticate to teach Nurse Joy a lesson, but he was curious about the whole situation.

"It's just their way of appreciating each other." Nick took his key from the counter, put down his Pokemons for healing, and left the scene.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A while later Nick went to finish his business… he ignored the unconscious and beaten Ronnie in the corner.

"You should get better friends, he's a decent trainer, but his brain leaves something to be desired." Nurse Joy was brushing her Chansey.

"Chaaaaaanseyy"

"Yes, you love brushing after exercise, you don't have to advertise it"

"Chansey"

"It's not my fault that people have the common sense not to mess with us" She said with some pride 

(How strong will it be?) He had a feeling this was not the time to find out.

"Your Pokemon are on the counter." Joy finished brushing her partner while Nick picked up his team.

"I think I already left you in suspense for a long time, it's time to reveal your magnificent reward" she had a smirk, as if there was nothing better in the world, but she lost credibility for her partner shaking her head.

"You my dear Rocket ... Can you tell me your name?" She had the decency to be ashamed, Amara just patted her own face.

"Nick" He didn't take it personally, he never told her his name and since everyone knows the Joy nurses, there was no formal introduction, they were just a Rocket and a Joy nurse.

"Cof, Cof, Yes Nick, you won a date with this beautiful lady" she cleared her throat and then spread her arms and announced the award as if it were a contest.

"..."

"You can't speak out of emotion, right? I wouldn't do this for anyone, but your effort touched me deeply, so since I'm single again, I decided to give you a chance, you don't have to thank me ... your uniform isn't bad either" she whispered the last part.

"Chansey" Nick was still speechless as Chansey gave him a comforting hug.

"Wait your turn!"

"Chansey!"

Nearby Ronnie had woken up not long ago.

"Nick has a thing for aggressive women"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Bye, Nick remember call me at night to set up our date ... and you break your leg"

Nick, with Joy's personal phone number, and Ronnie, with some bandages, left the Pokémon Center to continue their return to the base.

(How do these things happen to me?)

Watching Nick's expression, Ronnie knew she should give them words of encouragement.

"Don't worry, I won't tell her about the girl in Pallet Town, that's what friends are for"

Nick just sighed.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

A while and training later they returned to base.

"I can't believe what geniuses we are training Pokemons, I liked your Pokémon's water attack, that water-covered tackle looks radical, I must get a water type too"

"Good luck with that, I must go report"

"Oh right, we must hurry." Ronnie stepped forward as always.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"You did what ?!"

Nick could already hear the screaming from Giovanni's office.

(The boss didn't take it well)

"Well boss, Nick and I are the best of friends, you know, I wanted to give you a hand."

"Not only did you interfere with an administrator-class mission, you also openly told the reasons for the mission ... How did an idiot like you pass the preliminary tests?"

Nick patted his face, Ronnie must have told everything in great detail, even the parts that make him look bad.

"Wait, you're that soldier who put the police behind our backs in Cerulean, right?"

"Well I ..."

"You're lucky I didn't let a herd of Arcanine get on top of you, you're walking the tightrope, get out!"

Ronnie just walked away and when he came out, saw Nick

"Be careful, the boss is grumpy today ... when he sees me in my prime he will cool down, whatever, lucky man, see you later"

(At least you have to admire his spirit)

Nick come into the office

"Nick, the mission summary is not needed, your colleague told me enough, we will postpone Oak for now, there is a new mission for you"

(Surprise invades me)

“Blaine, that cowardly Gym leader, has gotten cold to us and avoids our attempts to contact him… he knows I don't tolerate this behavior. You will go to Cinnabar Island to contact him personally, with your experience I suppose you know what is next "

(Answer the phone or get beaten, got it)

"You can order the MO Surf from one of the scientists above, if you think it's necessary, go and show that coward how we Rockets work!"

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Even in the open sea there are lunatics" Nick was sailing with Maid and arriving at Cinnabar Island

"Po, plio?" Maid pointed to a lady entering a store

"No, I do not mean the girl who hid her Pokeballs somewhere that I do not understand, I thought of crazy people who want to fight in the middle of the sea or those who are standing on patches of land without doing anything, at least the fishermen have an excuse "

"Popplio" she flapped her fins like they were wings.

"Yes, at least Fey knows how to relax her feathers now, I guess flying so long without landing helped something"

Maid nodded happily, for her friend

"Time to find Blaine" Nick kept Maid in his Pokeball.

7