Chapter 17: The invasion ends.
228 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're that young Rocket I saw in Lavender Town, is your gang really invading the building?"

Nick wondered what Oak was doing here.

Oak took Nick's silence as affirmation.

"It's a shame, a capable young man like you wasting your time on criminal acts, what's the point?"

Nick paid no attention to the old man and surveyed the corridor to avoid any more surprises.

"A shame, good morning, Rocket" Oak took the teleportation panel to leave

"I just hope Green gives him what he deserves" Nick had to be prepared just in case

He continued on his way until he reached the office of the president of the company and the surprise guests did not stop.

"Oh, Nick what a surprise, I was finishing some business negotiations with my executive friend"

"Bill"

"With the Master Ball, all the rare Pokemon will be mine without any problem, I'm sure I can reverse engineer them." Bill seemed to notice Nick's look.

"What? , you invaded the building, but you were too slow, convincing that corrupt idiot was easy”

“Would you give it to me if I asked you to?”

"You know my only loyalty is to myself"

“I had to try”

“You should go before the police arrive.” Bill turned his back on her.

"You know I can not"

"Come on, leave me! Your chance has passed"

Nick didn't get out of the way.

"Nick, you loyal idiot" Bill threw a Pokeball and a Porygon came out

(Expected) he chose King

"Use double kick" Despite his appearance his opponent was normal type

"Curse" A red light covered the artificial Pokémon.

"Continue with double kick" The damage was decreasing because the opposing Pokemon also continued to accumulate curse

“Poison Sting” Nick had to change tactics

"Eliminate them with Tri-attack" A strange triangle of elemental energy shattered the column of thorns and damaged King.

"Run around him and keep shooting" King started to circle him and shoot.

Porygon tried to destroy them with another Tri-attack, but was too slow thanks to Curse to reach them all.

"I know what you're trying to do, conversion." Porygon changed to a purple color.

"But…"

"Remember that I am a collector, I have one of the first versions, use Thunderbolt" The electric attack was going to hit Rey, but a red beam of light arrived in time

Luckily, Nick had decided to switch to Kinf right after the conversion and take a chance on Lisa.

(With that Thunderbolt, I can't get Maid or Fey out yet)

“Vulpix, Vul” (I have told you that I will not fight for you, commoner)

“Lisa, come on, use incinerate ”

“Vulpix” (My name is Lisette) she turned her head without attacking.

"A difficult girl, I've heard you like them like that, Tri-attack."

(Where would I hear something like that?)

Lisa gracefully dodged the attack.

"I'll have to use Maid" Nick raised the Pokeball when a column of fire hit the enemy

“Vulpix, Vupix!” (I'm better than that clown!) Her pride did not allow her to be replaced so that her rival could take the glory.

"That's the attitude." The behavior of women, in any species, was a mystery to Nick.

"Thunderbolt "

"Dodge with quick attack then incinerate." Smoothly she dodged again and critically hit his opponent, knocking him down.

"A clever strategy, distract me with an act of disobedience." Bill nodded.

(As you say)

Bill pulled out a Dragonair.

"This was one of the most satisfying specimens to get, and Lance boasts of having more than one"

“Use confused ray”

"Dragon tail"

Lisa's eyes flashed and she completed the move, but her opponent's tail sent her flying and back into her Pokeball.

"Bri?" Ironically, fate chose Maid to come out.

"How do you get an Alola starter?!"

"Do you know where it comes from?"

"Of course, it's..."

"Icy wind" Nick took advantage of Bill's speech to make a super effective attack.

Thanks to carelessness Dragonair was unable to dodge in time.

"I should have expected it from a Rocket, Dragon Rage"

Due to the confusion his opponent missed the attack and received another icy wind

"Focus, dragon tail." Luckily for Bill, his Dragonair broke free of the confusion and moved off with its tail glowing.

“Use Aqua jet to dodge.” Maid covered herself in water and evaded the damaged and slowed Dragon-type's attack.

"Dragon Rage" Bill calculated where he would land to aim the ranged attack.

"Cancel and icy wind" When he realized it, he tried to stop her, but it was too late and Maid received part of the attack, but not before finishing off her opponent.

“What were the chances?” Bill patted his face and selected a Kangaskhan as his next Pokemon.

Nick returned to Maid and used King again.

"Can't be helped, use Dizzy Punch"

"Double kick"

Both pokemons met, Rey endured the blow to the side to respond with the fighting type move.

“"Damn”” The trainers complained, because at the end of the clash, King was confused and his opponent was poisoned.

"Hyper Beam" Not wanting it to change again, Bill went all out.

Nick couldn't do much about his confused Pokemon and King was knocked out due to the powerful attack.

"Rest, you did well" Nick had decided for Hunter

"A Beedrill? I expected better from you, Nick."

Nick just smiled

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Bill could only watch helplessly as his Pokemon succumbed to the poison.

“Bee” Hunter just buzzed happily as ever.

“I underestimated you again Nick, I didn't expect you to have a purely speed focused Beedrill with such good genes”

(As you say)

Bill threw a sphere and a Pinsir came out.

Nick decided to switch to Fey.

“Gust” Fey flapped his wings at full power

"Resist and use sword dance" The beetle stood its ground and increased its attack

"Now..." Bill couldn't finish because a light enveloped Fey

(Dramatic as always)

"Pigeot!" She screamed at full power then flapped her wing and a wave of wind flew towards Pincir.

"Can not be!" Bill's Pincir fainted without being able to do anything

(I won't be surprised anymore) Noticing the smile on Fey's face, Nick assumed that she learned Air Slash just to put on this show like always.

"Smug" Nick returned her as she squawked.

“You never seem to fail to exceed expectations… I should have prepared myself better to deal with a situation like this… so close, so disgustingly close.” Bill looked directly at Nick.

"Idiot" he walked away knowing he was done

"Just business, mate" Nick walked into the president's office expecting the surprises to end...for today.

"Another uninvited person... you must be one of those Rocket, when I was informed of his appearance, I bet it was an excuse for my employees to rest... I still don't rule out that you are an intern in a costume" The president was an older man, fat and with only hair on his mustache.

(I don't know if this is denial or exploitation)

“How about I give you a check, or my secretary, and we break up in peace?” The president ignored the expression of the woman next to him.

(…)

"I'm afraid you can't just pay us, like your government cronies, President." They all looked at the door when Giovanni appeared.

"Nick, good job, the building is ours and the people are at our mercy, the master ball is ours!"

(The boss needed this victory)

"I knew I was right to promote you, I will take care of the negotiations here, you can take a well-deserved rest"

A big smile appeared on Nick's face, those words were music to his ears.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick happily left the building and headed to the Pokémon center to heal his team and figure out how to enjoy his time.

Had he stayed a few more minutes he would have noticed Team Rocket's greatest enemy, Red, enter the Silph Co. building.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick was finishing his lunch with the Pokemons and brushing Lisa, he had discovered that she enjoyed it a lot and rewarded her for her victory.

“Vulpix” (Keep taking care of my beautiful fur)

“Keep up the good work and you'll get much more” Simple bribery gets the better of most people…or Pokémon.

“Pix, Vulpix” (The upper class must reward their servants for her work) Nick would roll his eyes if he fully understood her.

"Brionne" (Lisa begins to integrate) she was happy for her and hoped that she would become great friends with her, although sometimes he did not understand her

"Pigeot" (You can say it that way)

The others just ignored her to enjoy her food

At that moment Nick's phone rang.

“I didn't expect him to actually call back…especially so quickly.” Nick answered the phone.

"Nick, meet me at the lab on Cinnabar Island, no time for explanations, no hard feelings from the previous meeting, you said it yourself, it was business" Bill hung up the phone.

“There goes my break time.” The pink-haired might just not go, but he was curious, you didn't just call the person who ruined your plans a few seconds later for help.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Thanks to flight, it didn't cost him too much to reach the meeting place, Nick was alert in case it was a trap.

"You got here, quick, the test room is this way." He followed Bill into one of the rooms on the right.

Upon entering he found old acquaintances.

"No! What is this criminal doing here? Bill, you must be kidding me!" Fuji started screaming.

"Silence Fuji, if Nick stole candy from one of your orphans I'm sure he's sorry, this project is bigger than your personal vendettas"

“Should we start? Blaine suggested.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong, Bill?" As long as Fuji didn't attack him, he didn't care about the old man.

"Take a sit"

Nick sat down on one of the benches.

"Despite not getting the Master Ball prototype," Bill cleared his throat.

(If it's not awkward at all)

"I managed to study the plans to create a good enough replica, it is a unique opportunity to get one of the most powerful Pokemon that exists"

"So that's what it's all about, is that why we're here? An expedition to capture Mewtwo?" Fuji didn't even let him reply.

“This is stupid it will never work!”

"You know he's right, remember he has almost total immunity to capture systems, unless he's completely down defenses, even the Masterball won't work." Blaine added.

"I know! I know! I was with you when we created it, I already have a plan for that, we just need to find it… this is where you come in, Nick.

(It's about time) Until now they could do everything planned without him... except fight with Mewtwo, but not even dreaming would a being called legendary come close, created specifically to win a war.

“Nick I hate asking for favors, but I know when it is necessary and you are one of the few people I can classify as close, despite having been on opposite sides, you have also shown yourself to be incredibly loyal … don't worry, I'm not a sentimental asshole , I will adequately pay you for your services”

(I would say it's incredibly sad, but I'm not the right person to judge)

"You see, the only person in the world who knows Mewtwo's exact position is Dr. Shigeki."

"The scientist who seems to enjoy his retirement?" In fact, Nick was amazed that he hadn't come across him playing high command or acting flashy, seeing his teammates.

"Yes, he covered his tracks well, but unfortunately for him when Mewtwo was born a psychic link was also formed between us, as you would guess it is due to the DNA used" Bill pointed to his head.

(This can always get better) Nick tried to ignore the murkiness of the matter.

"Unfortunately, Shigeki's is the only one powerful enough to locate Mewtwo, even so, we have the ideal range to locate it, it cannot escape our link, it has tried, but when you have a collection of psychic pokemon certain problems are solved with ease.” Bill handed him a folder.

“Here's an estimate of his location and how much I'm willing to pay, just find him and have him tell you where Mewtwo is; I would love to do it myself, but it would draw unwanted attention”

Nick reviewed the document, hid his surprise from him and thought for a moment.

(I'm not technically going against Team Rocket, and if the boss isn't sure of Mewtwo's location I might even help him out.) With Bill's bounty, after Giovanni wins, or whoever for that matter, Nick could retire comfortably. for the rest of his life.

"I agree"

"Perfect, let's move old men there is work to do" Bill, Blaine and Fuji began to build their Masterball while Nick left the building.

5