Chapter 18: Bill’s Assignments
210 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was in Viridian City.

"It's around here, what a coincidence" According to Bill's notes, Professor Shigeki lived very close to the house of that policeman whose room he destroyed.

"I hope I never see him again" It was wise not to want to see the man whose house you destroyed, the funny thing is that it didn't even cross Nick's mind that he was now technically dating the guy's ex-girlfriend.

“Dad, you should stop drinking in the afternoons, you always end up sleeping on the floor” An older woman was helping an old man get up.

"Hip, you worry too much." He slowly got up and headed towards his house.

"Sometimes the world is small and it's scary" These kinds of moments gave Nick the creeps because that was just the old man who gave him directions the other day and he was entering one of the houses in his report.

“I don't lose anything here” he intercepted the duo.

"Hip, you're the young man from that day, I'm sorry I think Teddy is working"

"Okay, I came to talk to you, Shigeki"

The old man's face removed Nick's doubts.

(Got it) The simplest tricks can always come in handy.

"Daughter, leave us a moment" It seemed that sobriety hit him.

“S-sure” The woman was surprised, since she was adopted she had never seen her father so serious about her.

When she left Shigeki heaved a sigh.

"I knew this day would come sooner or later..."

"It's hard to have a normal life after mentally bonding with people like your co-workers." Nick felt a certain sympathy for the old man.

"Heh heh I thought Lance would confront me, not the famous  Team Rocket." A dry laugh escaped his mouth.

"Be honest with me, Bill sent you?"

Nick nodded.

"It was predictable… look Rocket I'll give you the information, but please keep my whereabouts as secret as you can… I have a family to protect" The last thing she wanted was Lance at her door.

Nick just nodded again, he could respect that.

"Thank you young man, I won't forget your kindness." He walked to a desk and took out some old photos.

"You know I only participated in that project to recover something very dear to me, but you didn't come to talk about me, you must already know the history of the Mewtwo project... I feel that we should have raised it better, like any other Pokémon and not as a weapon... but those are past times” He wrote on a sheet of paper.

"Here are the coordinates of Mewtwo, just keep your word and that whatever has to happen"

Nick took the  paper sheet and said goodbye.

(I hope he can continue to live in peace) To Nick, Shigeki just seemed like an old man who wanted to get over his past and live a quiet life with his family.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick was pondering his recent experience with Shigeki when he ran into a certain red-haired boy.

"You're that bully from my father's group right?" He was grumpy and snorted

(Someone should get this guy friends or a babysitter) He never seemed to be together or happy.

“He spends all his time with his gang…only for him to fall apart, always wanting to be number one, what a joke, he will never get a win”

"What do you mean?" They just successfully completed the occupation of Silph.co

"Oh, you haven't heard, well, I won't spoil the bad news." Leaving those words he walked away and as if the world decided it was time, Nick's device began to beep.

"I have to go to headquarters, Bill's report will have to wait" It was time to fly.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick entered the base, just in time to see a miserable scene.

"Bunch of stupid incompetents! Giratina take me to hell!" Giovanni was yelling at everyone.

"This... boy... wiped out each and every one of you, found his way to the president's room, and ran off with the Masterball prototype... And all in front of his eyes, ladies and gentlemen!" He seemed on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"Can you say something for yourselves!? Can!?” He started pacing back and forth.

“A public humiliation on this scale… will anyone ever take Team Rocket seriously again?

“…” No one said anything.

“Answer me idiots! Are we the biggest mafia in the region or a group of girl scouts?!”

"We are the biggest mafia in the region, that's what we are!" The idiot who decided to answer was Ronnie.

Nick patted his forehead and Giovanni turned to look at his face.

"Calm down, boss, we'll teach that kid a lesson next time, I bet you."

"Silence!... you, a simple bad egg" Giovanni looked ready to finish Ronnie

“I have given you more warning than you deserve, yet you seem to be ruthless in your incontinence, to take a Key that wasn't even yours and then leave it right in front of the boy so he can ruin our plans as completely as possible! ”

Ronnie seemed to be searching for words to defend herself.

"If it wasn't for you, that idiot would never have reached us and the Masterball would be in our hands, can you understand!?"

"N-No, boss... you'll see... that's it" He hadn't found them.

"Enough!" Giovanni pulled out a Nidoking.

"Get out of here, worthless trash, you don't deserve that R on your chest!"

"But…"

“Nidoking attacks!” The Pokémon approached and Ronnie moved away in time to avoid being seriously hurt.

"I don't want to see your face again, mark my words!"

Resigned, Ronnie left, but not before shooting Nick a look.

"Hahahaha...hahahaha" Giovanni laughed hysterically as he put his Pokémon back into the sphere.

“Ladies and gentlemen, that Red has messed with us for the last time, listen up! We're going to relocate our headquarters to the Viridian city gym; admins get ready, I'll send a signal to your devices when it's time; just when he comes to get the last medal, all of us and I swear on Arceus, we will have our revenge!”

Some applauded slowly.

“Have I been clear? In that case, move Team Rocket!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

“I hope Ronnie gets through this, as for the boss…I don't know if he'll put up with another failure, but Red is…I need a good night's sleep.” Nick commented his thoughts out loud as he completed his other task.

"Nick, did you make it?" Bill asked as he walked through the door.

Nick handed her the page with the location.

"Perfect, let me show you this beautiful little thing" Bill led Nick to Blaine and Fuji, who surrounded a kind of Pokeball with purple colors.

"Weren't there better colors?" Nick hoped it wasn't some kind of joke, although he preferred this to being asked about the details of the mission.

“That's how it was in the plan and I didn't want to take any chances changing any details, anyway, it's almost done” Bill was excited.

"Hey, I was told Gym Leader Blaine was here." The voice on the other side of the door sounded familiar to Nick.

"Hide everything!" When they had finished ordering, Nick had opened the door

(Yes, it was him)

"Hey, it's you, Nick, I didn't expect to see you here." Green was looking for the fire-type gym leader to get another medal.

"How's Green been?"

"I'm still training to achieve my goal of being the number one in the region... the only time I've spoken to Grandpa again, he kept bragging about how Red got him a new Pokeball or something to study... but that doesn't affect me anymore” Despite seeming to have drunk a bitter pill, his gaze did not waver.

(I think his sister didn't tell him about the incident... and we already know what Red did with the prototype)

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing important, training, missions, Red ruining the boss's business, the usual" Nick hoped to defeat Red never to hear about him again, he seemed to be everywhere.

"That asshole always butts in." His mutual distaste for Red would always keep them good friends.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but here is the leader Blaine" Bill seemed to want to kick Green out of the place

"Great, I'll see you later Nick, we'll catch up later" Blaine accompanied Green without question.

"Nick, it seems Oak is on the move too, I'm not taking any chances, I need you to go and find out his plans while we complete the Masterball, the last thing we need is for him to beat us to it...don't worry I'll give you a generous bonus"

Nick would have done this for free, Oak or Red were the last people he wanted to see with something as powerful as Mewtwo.

(The nap will have to wait)

Extra chapter this week, due to free time and motivation to write
6