Chapter 20: Decision
176 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was in Cerulean City, the  Team Rocket was finished, but he still had an assignment pending.

“They weren't at the lab on Cinnabar Island and they're not answering the phone either.” Nick was on his way to Bill's house, since he could not locate him.

"What's going on? Does there always have to be an interruption in this town?” A crowd of people almost blocked the bridge that led to Bill's house.

"Excuse me, what's the commotion?" Nick politely asked a random person, he didn't have to hide anymore, as Team Rocket disbanded, he decided to change his uniform for a new white wardrobe with black lines around the edges and leaving his pink, uncombed hair loose.

"We are not sure, a nearby cave collapsed and the police have cordoned off the area."

(They should have acted) Nick didn't need to be a genius to figure out what happened

"Thank you" he quickly went on his way, he hoped they were alive

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

The door was open like last time and he just walked in

"hehe Nick you come for your reward" There was Bill lying on a bed covered with wounds.

"Bill, what..."

"...happened? Let's just say I miscalculated, we weren't even close to using the Masteball" Bill pulled the blankets tight.

"You know, it's the first time I've been so wrong, but at least I came out better than the others and Oak won't find Mewtwo so easily anymore"

"Where are the others?"

"I didn't think you'd mind, but if you want to know, Blaine must be in surgery and Fuji is still unconscious, they're obviously on one of my properties, we don't want to alert anyone."

(At least Mewtwo didn't kill them) That put him a few ranks above Red on Nick's likeability scale.

"Not that it's much use at this point, but tell me, what came out of Oak's lab?"

"You can't imagine"

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Oak is crazier and more determined than I thought, it almost makes me want to respect him from one genius to another” Even with his injuries he works on a computer.

"Nothing more?"

"What more can I say? I failed and we know Oak can't go after Mewtwo right now, I have to think of another plan.” Bill wouldn't be one of the biggest collectors if he gave up so easily.

“I meant the world domination part”

"You know I don't care about politics and power as long as it doesn't mess with my interests we'll be fine, besides it's not very different from Giovanni" It was that practical.

"From what you've told me Nick, the question here is: What are you going to do?" Bill put the computer aside and stared at Nick.

"Team Rocket is over and with the money I transferred you you can live a life of luxury for a very long time, you can also come work for me, I always have room for someone of your skills and loyalty, friend" Bill was serious with his proposal.

“I…” Nick knew this was coming.

"You don't have to answer now, think about it, people like us can choose which way to go" Bill was a genius with a lot of contacts and Pokémon; Nick, for his part, had a solid Pokémon team, with a keen mind for battle and now a lot of funds.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick was outside Bill's house.

"Now I can take the breaks I want" Nick let out a small laugh, he wanted to escape, but he himself knew that he had to do before moving on with his life without regrets.

"Come out" Nick let out his Pokemons.

"Pidgeot?" (It is time to train?)

“Arbok?” (Is it time to fight?)

“Nidora, do?” (There's no other crazy around, right?)

“Brionne” (Let's have fun)

"Bee, Bee" (Fun, yeah)

“Vulpix” (Have more decorum, clown)

"Team, I want your attention." They all looked at Nick, he was strangely serious for them.

"You see guys, I'm making an important decision and I want his opinion" his Pokemones nodded

"Fey and Hunter, remember that Charmeleon?" Those named just nodded, Hunter doesn't remember much because he was defeated almost instantly, but Fey still remembers that humiliation, it was always one of the motivations to improve, he hated feeling so powerless.

"You know, I always wanted to fight him again, when we were ready, because of what happened with Link." Everyone already knew Link's story, either because Nick told them or because of visits to the Day Care.

"I think it's time... but I can't shake this fear that the same thing will happen again" Nick covered his face with his hands.

“I'm sorry I'm not such a brave trainer… I can't make this decision alone” Nick felt himself being touched and when he looked at all of his Pokemones surrounding him.

“Brionne” (Don't feel sad) Maid had bubbles to cheer him up.

“Arbok” (With me here we are going to defeat that asshole) Rue had him trapped with her tail

“Pidgeot” (This is something we must do) Fey put a wing on her shoulder

“Beedrill” (Victories, get) Out of his style, Hunter stood static in front of his trainer.

“Nidorino” (I will do my best)

“Vulpix?, pix!” (How are you going to take care of me with that attitude, no commoner messes with mine!” Lisa roared, at his feet.

"Thank you... family." Despite his tears a big smile appeared on Nick's face and he lifted Maid and Lisa into his arms.

In the distance a figure was walking away from the scene.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Of course I can get you a trainer's license, but it will be a favor that I collect in the future" For Bill it was a simple matter

"Thank you." Nick didn't know where Red was, but he knew where Red would be.

"You go against the little mute, I have to admit it would be fun to see Oak's super soldier defeated at the last moment"

Nick looked at his pokeball, he just wanted to give it his all.

“The league challenge starts in about two weeks, with your team you have plenty of time”

"It's good to hear" Nick was leaving the place

"Are you going to train?"

"No, it's time to sleep"

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

The Cerulean City Gym Leader Misty wondered what she had just witnessed.

"That was the Rocket from last time" Thanks to his hair color, Nick was easy to recognize, and he couldn't forget it, even if he wanted to, the investigation by the couple in love took several days.

"How dare you have such a pretty water Pokemon!?" Misty tried to deny how much the scene moved her by diverting the subject.

"I'm going to catch him doing something illegal to rescue him, luckily I can take a few days off" If she didn't get carried away by her emotional outburst, she would realize how bad that idea is.

A Pokeball on Misty's waist jiggled.

6