Chapter 21: Break 1 (Encounters)
208 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick spent the whole next day relaxing with his Pokemon, taking the day off they deserve, doing all sorts of activities like going to the Celadon City Mall, where Nick debuted his new fortune, or hanging out at Day Care with Link and Ness (it was the name he gave his Meowth), the owner of the place would still keep the business.

"In a few weeks we will face that trainer" Just by mentioning it Link hyperventilated.

"I hope you enjoy how we beat him" Nick patted his Ratatta's head which leaned on him in response.

"Meowth" (Luck) The cat next to him just raised his paw while he was lying on his back

"Thanks, I guess, team!" Nick called his companions who were scattered around the place, in a few moments they gathered.

"It's been a great day, going for walks with no one stopping you is comforting, but tomorrow we'll be training again." Everyone cheered, except for Lisa, but she still answered.

“I have some presents for you. I know you will enjoy them, plus there is a special surprise for King and Lisa”

"Vulpix" (as it should be) she raised her head arrogantly

"Nido" (I hope it's something great)

"You can decide if you want it after tomorrow's training" King's surprise had been saved for a while

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The group spends the next several days in rigorous training, from practice battles to mastering new moves.

“Those TMs are worth their price… I'll have to delay my retirement a bit though.” He could only live well for so long, but he was proud of his team's move selection.

At this time he was finishing his training on Route 6 when a storm suddenly hit.

“There goes sunny day” The last thing he needed was to get himself or his team sick, so he took refuge in the underground path, much to his dismay, to take advantage of the shortcut to the Day care.

"I'm surprised you actually showed up." Nick was trying to ignore the people in his business, when an elegantly dressed young man with purple hair next to a beautiful girl with long brown hair and a green dress, spoke to him.

"Is with me?" Nick did not know the young man.

"Don't try to hide it, your disguise to go unnoticed is good, but your hair color gives it away"

“I think you have the wrong person”

"Persistent isn't it, I can respect that, but let's act like gentlemen, I know that old man sent you, I have no idea how you guessed that I moved my presentation to today, but I can pay you to drop this matter..."

Nick stopped listening to him because in the back of his mind, a vague idea was trying to come up.

(This isn't just another wacko...but what am I not remembering?)

"No, well I'll have to finish you the hard way, from what my contacts told me, you can't be a big deal" He responded with hostility to Nick's lack of response and took out a Sandslash

Nick released Maid who with a single Surf knocked out her opponent

“Brio” (Weak hehehe) Towards bubbles of happiness for his quick victory

Although impressed, the young man did not get nervous and took out a Weepinbell

Nick switched to Lisa, who was standing proud with his new look.

“Ninetales” (Kneel before this refined lady) Evolving did not improve her personality

The plant type did not understand and shot acid

"Tales?!" (How dare you!?) I easily dodge with quick attack and blast him with a flamethrower.

“Ninetales” (My beautiful tails require brushing)

"When we rest" Nick didn't need to understand what she said, he returned her to her Pokeball

(How is he so strong!?) On the surface he was trying to stay calm and brought out his last Pokémon, a Rhyhorn.

"You must practice more in your new form" Nick spoke to King, now a Nidoking, who was ready to fight.

“Nido” (This one seems normal)

“Horn Attack” The Rhyhorn charged at his opponent.

"Earthquake" With a strong stomp the ground shook and his opponent lost her balance, in addition to suffering serious damage.

“Brick Break” With a well-aimed blow to the head, the match was over.

“Nidoking?” (Is it all?) He wasn't too used to such easy matches

“How in the hell did you do this?!” He completely lost his cool

"J-Julian, calm down" The girl tried to reassure him

"Shut up! And you, do you think you've won?! This isn't over, you listen to me, I'll be back!" The young man ran away abandoning the girl, he did not want to run the risk that he would chase him for her.

"What was all that?" Nick still didn't remember what he had to do with this business.

"No... How can I leave me?... Who am I kidding?" The girl only shed tears, she knew that no one cared about her, she just wanted to escape from that life

“…!” She flinched when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Life goes on, just move on and try not to have regrets" Nick had no idea what was going on, but he wasn't about to ignore a crying woman.

"Y-you're not going to give me back"

"Look, I have no idea what that guy was talking about."

"Aren't you a Rocket?" From what she knew, her old boss hired a Rocket to take her back.

“I was”

"Y-you can help me, I-I'll give you what you want" she was desperate to be in contact with a decent human

“First tell me what you want”

“D-do you know a safe place, that needs employees?” she didn't know if she asked too much, but this was her only hope.

Nick thought about it for a moment and had an idea… but he didn't know if it was a good idea.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“So, you bring a woman even before our first date?” Nurse Joy resisted the urge to throw herself at Nick.

"I already explained the situation to you and you said you need staff." Nick hoped it would work.

"What kind of delinquent are you?" Joy looked at the girl who was nervous next to her.

“Chansey! Chansey!”

"I know I know she should be proud of him and all that, anyway, human resources doesn't respond, you're hired"

"R-Really?"

“Yes, but I will make this clear… What is your name?” She was happening to him again

“R-Rosa”

"Okay, Rosa, this is my man and no one touches him without my permission."

She pointed at Nick, who didn't have the energy to reply, she decided not to wait and mark territory.

“W-what…”

"You think I don't notice how you look at him, you expect me to believe that you won't feel anything for him after that Prince Charming story"

Rosa just blushed at the innuendo.

"If I think you're worth it, I'll let you have it for a while"

"Chansey!"

"Chansey!"

"What? I heard that this is a method used by some Kalos Pokemon, so he won't be able to deceive me because I'll be her number one girl" Apparently the nurse had looked for ways to avoid being deceived again... but she had renounced cooperation from the male part

"As for you, you should be thankful that you have such a considerate girlfriend, if it even crosses your mind to cheat on me after all this, you will find that Ted came out very easy" She pointed to Nick

Nick was just wondering how his love life came to this.

"Tomorrow we're going out on our first date… I hope you put your uniform away" she whispered the last part, she didn't want to risk anything else happening.

“Yes, sweetheart.” He just went with the flow, one wonders how he can handle most of his Pokemons.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Misty wondered if she was following the right person, she didn't see any dangerous member of a criminal organization, just a trainer, strong from what she could see in her training, but normal in general.

“He invests a lot of money and treats his Pokémon excellently.” She couldn't deny how much his Pokémon seemed to appreciate him, especially the water type she wanted to rescue.

"He did not commit any crime" In all the time that she followed him he did not steal a single Pokémon, she had assumed that he did not find you valuable, but he did not commit any crime for that matter

“I even rescued a girl from a pimp.” She hadn't believed that rumors about prostitution in the underground routes, she'll have to report this later.

"He's just an ordinary trainer." Misty sighed, she had to go back to her gym.

“I can't believe I wasted part of my free time following…” The leader blushed, just realizing that she had spent days as a simple stalker.

"Well nobody will find out" One of her Pokeball opened and a Psyduck came out.

“Psyyyduuuck” (Yooooou liiiiike him) he said as pointed at her.

"Nobody asked you!" She angrily returned it to her pokeball.

6