Chapter 22: Break 2 (Dating)
227 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick was on one of his most dangerous missions yet…watching a movie with Nurse Joy.

“Wow, what an idiot woman, the guy rejected her several times, tried to kill her and she still chases him, who approves of this stupidity?” The woman made her opinion of the film clear.

"Next time we might try the abandoned town one." Not that Nick knew much about movies.

"You're right, it's the last time I follow a magazine's recommendations" She ate some sweets they had bought.

"Excuse me, I ask you to be quiet" An usher gave them a warning.

"The way the plot is going, we should be the ones complaining," Joy muttered under her breath, but she kept her cool to avoid being kicked out.

Nick just sighed and let out a small laugh.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"This is absurd! Why did aliens come out of nowhere?!” The nurse was still protesting the movie, the only thing worthwhile about the movie for her was the kiss of a secondary couple when they won the war.

"I have no idea" Even Nick found the ending ridiculous

"Let's eat to forget this nonsense" she took him by the hand to take him to a restaurant.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"... and dessert, the special of the month, Snorunt-themed ice cream" The waiter handed over a large glass containing a triangular-shaped cookie ice cream.

"The publicity wasn't kidding, I don't think we can finish it, I'll have to save some to take to the Pokemon Center, whatever, I was telling you, and because of the war I finished my studies in Sinnoh" she began to take a few bites of ice cream.

“Interesting, I can respect your determination to want to continue your family legacy of being a nurse.” Nick wondered what other regions would be like… he wants to think that the events on the ship were a special case.

"Thanks for listening, many are bored with these stories"

(Well, she has such a good memory that it almost seemed like a biography) She described in vivid detail every argument she had with her mother or how she liked her favorite stew to be cooked.

“Enough about me, tell me about yourself, how did you end up in Team Rocket? No offense, but you don't look like a criminal.” In her first meeting, she only asked him about her uniform.

"Let's just say I went with the flow." Nick wasn't ashamed of his past.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

“You… How can you talk about this so calmly?!” Nurse Joy banged on the table, luckily the place was still full and hardly anyone paid any attention to them.

"What do you mean?" Nick took another spoonful of ice cream, to him it was worth its price.

"Your life has been complete shit, it's almost a miracle that we have this conversation!"

"But what do you want me to do about it?" Nick had long since accepted that complaining that so many people had better lives than his was not good for him.

“I… I mean…” Joy was frustrated because she couldn't find the words to ask Nick the reason for his so calm attitude towards life.

(He should hate his parents or the world in general, no one has ever supported him and he's been in the criminal world since he was little...it's amazing that he can function in society and has such a healthy relationship with his Pokémon team)

As a nurse, she'd seen coaches mistreat her teams to the bare minimum, plus she'd witnessed Nick's interactions with her team, they were so close she never even considered they were stolen.

"It's decided," she stood up and grabbed the pink-haired man's hand.

"...?" Nick had ice cream in his mouth.

"You will never be alone again, now you can lean on me... and on Rosa" That girl was a separate case for another time.

“Thank you” he didn't fully understand, but he felt a warm feeling from the hand holding him.

(Will he even entertain the idea of flirting?) Joy wasn't sure if, given Nick's nature, if he didn't meet her he would one day have a normal romantic relationship…what she classifies as normal.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Congratulations, here's your prize for finishing special dessert of the month, you can choose a stuffed Pokemon from Snorunt's evolutions" With grace, they got so deep into their stories that they finished the big ice cream.

"Which one do you want?" Nick had no predilection for one.

"I want this one, he's pretty tough, right?" Joy took Glalie's

"Pretty much" Nick grabbed Froslass's stuffed Pokemon and they left the restaurant

The date had not been what either of them expected, but they felt satisfied.

(It was more fun than expected) Nick had expected it to be worse, considering it was their first date and the first impressions Nurse Joy gave him.

(Nothing will ruin this, I'll give him the affection he needs, I already want to introduce him to mom) As for Joy, this only made her more attached to a relationship with Nick.

"Do not move!" In the dead of night, a thief with a Hypno appeared and threatened them.

“Turn over all your valuables and oack…” He can't finish because his victim punched him.

"You think you can ruin my moment with my man?! Eclipse uses Shadow Punch!" Joy pulled out a Pokeball from somewhere and pulled out a Dusknoir, which lunged at the Hypno.

Nick, for some reason, just had the urge to burst out laughing.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"And what do you want to do?" Nick was on a date with Rosa, courtesy of Joy who had kicked them out of the Pokémon Center, telling them to go strengthen their relationship or something.

"I-I don't know." With Nick being what he is and Rosa acting so nervous, they were stuck at an awkward moment.

"Do you want to take a walk in the Viridian Forest?" It was one of the ideas that came to his mind.

"S-Sure" Despite her nervousness, she looked excited

Both took a relaxing walk through the forest and observe the Pokemon in their ecosystem

"They look so happy and free" Rosa commented watching some Poliwags play in a small lake

"It's true"

They felt a state of peace in nature

“N-None of you asked me?” She squeezed her dress with her hands

"What thing?"

"H-How did I end up in that situation?" It was not necessary to explain what situation

"I can't speak for Joy, but if you want to talk, she always says I'm a good listener." Nick thought she would speak when she was ready and trusted enough with them.

“D-Don't you mind? Don't I disgust you?" She preferred to start from another angle.

"It should?"

"Yes! ... because I'm so dirty, I was a prostitute" She raised her voice for a moment to trail off little by little as tears fell from her eyes.

“Rosa, I was a member of Team Rocket, I have committed all kinds of acts that people would not approve of, I am not the right person to judge you; As for Joy, she accepts me, I don't see because not you "

After those words she threw herself on Nick's chest to cry, he felt that the right thing to do was to hug her.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"I was kidnapped a while ago, I don't know what they wanted, but I managed to escape when they got to Kanto, I had no way to go back Hoen, but it didn't matter because before I knew it I was captured again by another group, you know what for, That's why when I met Julian and he proposed to run away to be with him, I accepted, even if it was too good to be true... deep down I knew he was just like Larry... When you won, I thought the cycle would just repeat itself, but now I'm with you and at night I wonder if it's really happening…if I can be happy again…I'm pathetic” she wiped her tears as she leaned on Nick.

"It's hard, it could happen to anyone, but you survived, this is not a dream and you have another chance, it's not an experience you can forget, but as I told you before you can move on, Joy and I are with you now" If Nick was going to get into this, he wasn't going to do it halfway.

"Poli"

"Poli"

The Poliwags seemed to have heard their conversation because they were crying

"It seems that they also want to help you" Nick watched as they jumped around Rosa as bodyguards

“But I don't have…” Nick handed him some Pokeballs.

"Thanks for everything"

"Whenever you want"

A beautiful smile blossomed on Rosa's face as the capture was completed.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Bonus

During the end of Joy's date, at the Cerulean City Gym.

"Misty, you've been weird today, are you feeling alright?" One of the gym assistants commented.

"I don't know, I have a feeling I'm missing something"

"I think you still have accumulated days off, you could use them or go to a doctor" She didn't think that the days she took had rested because of the look on her face when she came back.

Misty just meditated the idea

Bonus 2

During the date with Rosa in front of the Pewter City Pokémon Center.

"Where is the honor among bandits?" Larry had heard that the Rocket he hired ran off with the girl and one of her contacts saw her around here.

"When I find Rosa and that Rocket I'm going to..." He was complaining for a while

"Chansey, Chansey!" (You are not going to do anything to anyone!) Amara, who was sweeping the front, heard the threats of the suspicious subject.

"A Chansey?, out, I don't have time to waste it with you" he didn't feel very intimidated

Chansey just cracked her paws

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"Chansey!" (And don't come back!”) She screamed as she threw him into a trash can next to a Persian

“Amara, what did I tell you about hitting people!” Nurse Joy came out upon hearing the commotion

"Chansey"

6