Chapter 23: Break 3 (Gym Leaders/Erika)
243 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick's rest days before the league event continued, but there was a job he had to do and he shouldn't put it off any longer, he had to collect the Gym medals.

“Let's get this over with quickly.” He wasn't underestimating them or anything, but thanks to Bill and Joy's explanations of how the Gym system worked, he knew he didn't have to worry until maybe the last match.

(They scale the “level” of the equipment they use according to the number of medals) Nick believed that it was quite intuitive and encouraged the growth of the challengers.

For this reason, and given his equipment, he walked out of the Gym with his first medal without problems.

(Brock should at least wear a shirt when he battles… Putting that aside Bill thought it was hilarious when he put my last name as Pink) Nick was thinking about the sympathetic impression the rock-type leader left on him as he looked at his official license with two medals, the other was Blaine's, he had given it to him since he had already beaten him and he didn't want to fight Nick again, especially with his injuries still on the mend.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick didn't fight in any particular order, he just went to the nearest city with a gym, except for Viridian City, out of respect he felt it was the last gym to visit.

“A greenhouse like plant-type gym, obvious but effective and practical.” Nick was walking through the establishment and noticed a large number of women.

“It's you, isn't it, the nicely dressed man from the cave?” A small voice caught Nick's attention.

Checking it out, Nick recognized her right away because he had only ever met one person who wore a kimono.

"You're that girl who helps out of the cave, how did you recognize me?"

“I have a good memory, hehehe, and her hair is very unique”

(should have guessed)

"Excuse my manners, I think we did not introduce ourselves formally, I'm Karin, I work at this Gym" she leaned in to say hello.

"I'm Nick, just a trainer... Aren't you too young to work?"

"I just like to help Master Erika" She got very excited when she mentioned Erika

“I understand, is the leader here?” He has "worked" for as long as he can remember and wasn't going to judge for that.

"Master Erika is taking a nap, she usually takes a while to wake up" She replied with an apologetic expression.

"Luck, don't worry, I'll find a way to pass the time." Nick wondered if it was worth flying to another city and coming back later... or could he just take a nap.

“Do you want to participate in a flower arranging class?” she looked at him with puppy dog eyes

“If you are inviting me”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The other students looked at Nick strangely, it was almost unheard of to see a man in this kind of place, especially with Karin.

"How does he look?" Nick didn't know if got the idea of this, at least it was relaxing for him.

"Not bad for a beginner." Karin looked at Nick's strange composition.

Just as the others were going to question them, a voice sounded

"Oh, we have a peculiar guest." A young lady with a beautiful and delicate appearance, wearing an elegant yellow Kimono and a headband on her short hair, arrived in front of the class.

"Master Erika!" Karin ran to hug her.

“Karin, it seems like we just haven't seen each other,” she laughed gently as she patted her head.

“Always good to see her”

"But it's not polite, ignoring guests, who's your accompanist?" Everyone else put their ears up to listen, some had their hands on their Pokeballs.

"He is a person who helped me, remember when I got lost and ended up on Mount Moon?"

"The young man with pink hair and extravagant clothes, thank you very much for assisting Karin" she bowed respectfully

"It wasn't a problem, she just wanted to find her way out." Nick was just completing his mission.

"However, you took the trouble to assist her and I must thank you."

"I understand, I accept your feelings of gratitude." Nick remembered reading about this once somewhere.

Erika just smiled as the atmosphere calmed down.

“What brings you here, apart from flower arranging class?”

"He's coming to challenge you, Master Erika" Karin was ahead of Nick when answering.

"There is usually a test for men before they can fight in this Gym, but I think I've seen enough, follow me" The leader led them to the combat field.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

“I see you are an experienced trainer, you earned the rainbow medal.” At this level, there was no chance that Nick would lose.

"It's very strong, Mr. Nick" Karin looked excited

“I have had experiences” he took the medal to keep it

"Are you going now?" Karin had a certain air of sadness when asking.

"Do you have any other invitations?" Nick had enough time

"Of course" She smiled with joy, a feeling that Erika shared seeing her so excited.

Erika and Nick sat under a tree while Karin began her practice on a musical instrument called a zither.

"It's such... cozy music." At least that was the sentiment she conveyed to a music stranger like Nick.

“Karin has a special talent for music, is her branch of art, although she doesn't want to admit it, she has surpassed me” Erika's voice conveyed so much approval and pride.

"Have you known her for a long time?" Nick could see the appreciation in her eyes, it made him think of the people and equipment he has now.

“Practically since she was born, her mother came to live in the city when Karin's father died in the war, sadly she died of an illness a while ago and now I am her legal guardian, almost everyone here sees her as her daughter or little sister ”

Nick could tell, someone was always watching them.

“She reminds me so much of me at her age”

"She must be happy to hear that."

Both were so relaxed with the environment and the music that their eyes were closing, without realizing it.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

"What time is it?" Nick scratched his eyes when he woke up, but he couldn't get up because Erika was still asleep on his lap.

(She was lucky) Nick stretched his back from falling asleep against the tree

(Wait…this is on the list Joy gave me?) Before continuing their journey, Nurse Joy gave him a list of actions or situations Nick can do or avoid when it comes to women; given how little Nick knows about relationships, what is particular is his own relationship and if by chance an incident similar to Rosa's occurs.

(I'm not at his house alone and we have clothes… all good) When Nick solved that problem, someone spoke to him.

"Mr.Nick, you woke up, it's the first time someone compares to Master Erika in being a heavy sleeper" Karin let out a small laugh.

"I'm good at this too" Nothing was better than resting.

"You have shown it, other girls tried to wake them up, but they gave up after a while, they did not use the hose out of respect for the Master"

Erika also woke up at that moment, her hair was a bit messy.

"It was a good dream" she launched a big yawn, put her hand in front of her mouth and stretched

"Hahahaha" Nick couldn't help but let out a few laughs.

“What's so funny Mr. Nick?"

"I'm sorry, it's that Miss Erika had a delicate, elegant and... I think the word is demure, that seeing her act like that felt so out of place" Nick compared it to seeing Ronnie act intellectually so out of character.

Erika blushed a little at Nick's reaction.

"Joo, don't make fun of Master Erika, she's just not good with mornings...or anything related to waking up." Karin puffed her cheeks like a Jigglypuff.

Karin's defense only embarrassed the grass-type trainer more.

"Yes, sorry"

“I forgive you, I understand that Master Erika can be careless at times, like that time when she was so sleepy that she didn't notice that her kimono caught on…

"Karin!" At this point she was already completely red.

"Well, it was fun hanging out with you guys, but I have to continue my journey." Nick brushed off his clothes.

"You must leave?" Karin tried the sad eyes tactic

“Karin, stop, he must continue his journey”

"At least you can visit us again." The little grabbed Nick's shirt and put on her best face to convince him.

"Sure, I can come back" he gave in easily, not that he disliked them in the first place

"Hurrah!" Erika just shook her head.

“Have a nice trip and good luck at the other gyms”

"Thanks, see you" Nick said goodbye to Erika and Karin to leave directly from the gym and the city

………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

A few moments after Nick left, Erika's co-workers were gossiping.

"I had never seen Karin and Erika so close to a man, could he be one of Karin's brothers?"

"I did not know her mother well and she is her only child"

“I think he's just a freeloading bastard! How dare he be so close to our goddess Erika?!”

"Could it be the lover Erika and she came to introduce him to Karin?"

"Bite your tongue!"

"I prefer to believe that Karin's father survived the war and came looking for her!"

During this interesting exchange, the two involved returned to their tasks, unaware that they were the hot topic of the place.

"It's nice to see that there are still decent and emotional trainers left." Erika still remembered that mute trainer, it gave her a chilling feeling, even though he got the victory, she couldn't feel any positive feeling in his soul.

"Mr.Nick is a good person, I felt it when he helped me" Karin was so convinced of what she felt that even if Nick himself told her that he was a criminal, she would not believe it

"Well, it's time for your Pokémon lessons."

"Yes, Master Erika!" Just then she saw a piece of plastic and metal under the tree where her Master and Nick had rested.

"What's wrong, Karin?" The leader asked watching the girl pick something up from the ground.

"Mr. Nick, you must have dropped this" she showed him a kind of card with a key.

"Pewter City Pokémon Center? I think it's the key to a room" Erika found it curious, it would be more normal if it was from this city.

“We have to give it back!” Karin said as if this were the most important in the world

"Oh, we forgot to ask for her phone number."

"It's easy, Master, we just have to go to the Pokémon Center that says there"

"But…"

"Pleeeeeease" Karin used her skills again

"Haaa, it's fine, tomorrow we can go, I shouldn't spoil you so much"

"hehehe"

"You will not run away from your lessons"

"I wouldn't think so, Master"

6