Chapter 28: Arriving to the League
141 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick, Rosa, Joy and Misty were on their way to the league building, going at a good speed despite it being an almost all day event.

"Well, Nick with these new rules I think there will be no problems" Joy had spent the morning correcting Nick's rules.

"I hope so"

"I don't think Nick will decide that." Rosa had realized that problems, especially involving women, seemed to seek him out.

"Someone must do something!" They hadn't even been a month since the open relationship began and there were already four women, the worst thing was that she couldn't blame Nick; Rosa was a special case, she was not so heartless to leave her alone and she personally liked her; Misty just saw Nick twice and became obsessed with him or was that the truth for Joy, after her "plan" failed she wouldn't leave her alone to try something else and Erika...

(Nick was just being nice to her and his student lost control... although she didn't seem against joining, just surprised) Joy still had a headache, every time she remembered the girl's plan.

“Well, could you stop dragging people along!” Joy told Misty that she would only use the blackmail material if she ran away or neglected her girlfriend role, whatever that means, otherwise she could act however she wanted.

“You are the last one who can talk about this, miss I show my boobs to have an advantage!”

"I do not do it!" She won't believe that they seriously had that image of her, even Erika seemed to think so.

"Do you think they'll get along at some point?" Rosa looked at them worried.

"I don't know, I think this is her way of getting along." He was only relieved that Joy gave Misty more slack, who by the way has admirable mental strength, most people couldn't even question Joy after it happened.

"What are you looking at?!" It seems Nick stayed a long time looking at her while he thought

“Joy got you more clothes, because that one looks good on you” Nick said it because he wasn't wearing the shorts with red suspenders and the yellow t-shirt from yesterday but a simple shorts with a white and blue t-shirt

"Do not look at me!" Misty blushed and tried to cover herself, when Joy took off her clothes she decided it was a good idea to wash them, and she only got this.

"Hey why are you only saying that to her?!" Joy wanted compliments too.

"Well, you girls always look good, I thought you already knew that" Nick wasn't kidding, Joy was wearing jeans and a red blouse that highlighted her figure and Rosa was wearing a beautiful white dress

"Yeah haha, silly." Joy really liked it when she brought out that side of Nick.

“T-Thank you” Rosa also blushed.

“Him and his loose mouth.” Misty had an idea that Nick loved to flatter to attract women.

"Do not move!" A voice interrupted the conversations of the group

A young man with a group of motorcyclists blocked her way, Rosa recognized him immediately

"Julian!"

“Hello, Rosa, I see that you are sleeping with Rocket now, well that will make things easier for me”

"This is that weakling Nick saved you from, right?" Joy wasn't scared.

"You'll see how weak I am, bitch! I'm going to turn them all into whores"

Nick was getting ready to fight, but Joy stopped him.

"Nick go ahead, we'll take care of it, you must be in your best condition"

"Are you sure?"

"Look, he's just a weakling who has to use numbers, we can." Joy had a confident smile on her face.

"Okay, be strong Rosa, I know you can" Nick gave Rosa a hug, for her this was more symbolic, however, she understood that they were not damsels in distress and followed his path.

"I'll do my best." With a firm expression, she took out her Poliwags

"I'm going to put this guy in jail!" Misty was also ready to fight and chose Starmie.

"Where do you think you're going little man?" A motorcyclist tried to stop Nick, but a green fist got in the way.

“Abomasnow!” (Hail, smash!)

"Lucky" Nick seriously  wanted to meet all of Joy's Pokemons

"Thanks, but I don't think it's necessary" she blew him a kiss

(Is this why information was so expensive?) Julian had tried to gather information on Nick to attack him directly, but all his information was incredibly expensive in any information broker, especially the place where he lived, after hiring the motorcyclist he could only pay to know a place where he would be.

"Anyway, this isn't over"

"Of course not, because I'm going to teach you not to mess with us." Joy cracked her knuckles.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nick was in front of the league building, it is a place he never thought to visit, here he would fight his hardest fight

"Get out of my way, if you know what's good for you!" The tense atmosphere was broken by a voice coming from the building

"Shouldn't you be waiting for the challengers?" The person who came out of the structure and left was the champion Lance

Those words stopped him

"You haven't heard, well I'll save you from buying tomorrow's paper, I'm not the champion anymore!" There was frustration and bitterness in his voice.

"A decade of undisputed reign... gone in an instant, all because of... Arceus, I can't even tell, what would my grandfather think... finished by a simple town boy"

Nick only saw the former champion lament.

(And this was supposed to be the champion) Nick had assumed that even if Lance lost he would keep his composure, he almost looked like a kid throwing a tantrum

"This is positively the most absurd... Hey, what's with that expression, you think you're better than me too!"

"You should calm down" Nick walked away to not get involved anymore.

Lance didn't think he could be more aggrieved and he took Nick's response as if he was looking down on him.

"I don't care who you are, you'll understand that I'm still the best trainer!" Lance threw a Pokeball and his Gyarados blocked the door.

"Another wacko…that's not even a dragon." From what Nick had figured out Lance's nickname was dragon tamer.

"You will not continue until you learn your lesson"

"At least I hope this counts as an official battle." Nick pulled Rue out.

Gyarados seemed to want to intimidate her

"Arbok" (Don't scare me, little fish) Rue showed the designs on her chest

“A Shiny if you hand it over it might…”

“Thunder Fang” Rue came up to attack him

"Hydropump" The water-type managed to fire, but Rue easily dodged it and climbed on top of it to bite its back.

"Gyara!"

"Take it off!" Gyarados was shaking even as he crashed into the building a few times, but Rue didn't let go until he passed out.

“Arbok” (size only)

"It has not finished!" He took out an Aerodactyl

(That's what everyone says... and that's not a dragon either, this must be the fossil that Joy told me about) Having nurse Joy from Pewter City on your side gives you certain advantages.

Nick decided to change to Maid

“Where did you get that?! Who are you?!” Lance was beginning to understand that he wasn't just any passerby.

"Any trainer" Nick made signs with Primarina

"Primarina" (Understood) she created a giant bubble and divided it into several smaller ones, Nick had decided to take advantage of the moments when his opponents stop to talk and set up some simple signs for some attacks

"Damn, Take Down, before she throws them" But it was too late and the rain of bubbles sent him to the ground.

“Surf” As he couldn't get up in time, the curtain of water knocked him out.

“You will feel the fury of my dragons!” Lance finally used a dragon type, a Dragonair.

Nick decided to save Maid for later and pulled Lisa out.

“Confused Ray”

“Dragon Tail” Lance ignored the confusion and faced him head on.

"Ninetales" (I hate that attack) She received the impact well, but even so she was returned to her sphere and this time King came out

"Nido? (Is it time to fight?)

"Earthquake"

"Dragon Fury" They both attacked at the same time and hit their target

"Dragon tail"

“Mega horn” This time Lance's recklessness couldn't overcome the confusion and he missed the attack, leaving him at the mercy of Nidoking for the finishing blow.

“Nidoking” (For once everything worked out in the end…although, I don't understand how that move failed so badly) He didn't know that his opponent was confused.

Lance decided to use his Kingdra and Nick to Hunter

"You're making fun of me!" For someone of his level and status, these bug types are an insult.

"Hydropump!" Kingdra started spraying water from her trunk.

"Dodge and watch for maneuver number one." Beedrill was moving around and Kingdra couldn't hit him.

“Continue with one hit it will go down.” Lance decided not to change his move.

"Now! Catch his trunk!” that was what he wanted

Hunter with String Shot shut the water types's mouth, literally.

"But what!?" Lance looked disturbed as his Pokémon seemed to inflate

"Sword dance then X-Scissor" At full speed, Hunter with his spears glowing green gave a critical blow to Kingdra's head, who did not even think about dodging because of the panic of not being able to expel the water, luckily Hunter broke the thread and was able to let the water out before passing out.

"This is my best Pokémon!" Lance seemed unwilling to comment on the previous event and pulled out his Dragonair.

Nick used Maid again.

At this point Lance must have understood that he was finished, Primarina was his worst opponent because his Dragonair had moves: Agility, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail and Outrage; more than half of his attacks were useless

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

A pink light consumed Dragonair and knocked him out.

(Was that all?) Nick expected more.

“Unbelievable… losing to some random Punk… I need to regain my composure… I let my emotions cloud my battle strategies and I shouldn't have left my second Dragonair”

Lance didn't want to get frustrated and angry again.

“Nothing went my way in this region, I wanted to destroy Team Rocket when they invaded Silph Co. so that people would have faith in me, but when I arrived, someone beat me to it, I shouldn't have waited until the last minute, and now I lose my position as champion… what's done is done, at least I'm still part of the Elite Four, if you'll excuse me I have to go change the new champion's diapers” Lance lifted his Dragonair and gave it a berry to fly away with it.

"I always found it curious that he never showed any signs of showing up during the entire invasion." Nick continued the way he wanted to know who the new champion was, given Lance's description, there were only two possibilities.

6