Chapter 2: New introductions
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "who are you?"
   "I am of no threat to you, I  am making sure you stay safe. You are special. 
   "Special? What do you mean?"
   "You will see."
   "Wait!"

I woke up in confusion. Him again. I thought. This was the second time he showed up in my dreams. I couldn't shake the thought of how cute he was.

He made my heart flutter, but I knew it was just a stupid dream. "Time to get back to reality." I mumbled.

I lain awake on my bed, and thought about how my life would be as queen. I would have to rule over the whole Rosiland kingdom.

My father used to always tell me that, "with great power comes responsibility." But was I ready for that kind of responsibility?

My question remains unanswered. It's like a void in my mind that I can't seem to fill.

With great power comes responsibility.. Those words became a redundant voice in my mind as I mouthed them and drew them in the air.

Will I ever get my answer? After thirty minutes went by of me pondering literally everything... I finally decided to go back to sleep.

*knock knock knock*

"SUKI GET UP IT'S TIME FOR TRAINING CLASSES TO BEGIN." I heard the sound of my father's loud voice echo from outside the door.

Just my luck. I'd been up since five in the morning. "Since when did training start at five-thirty?" I mumbled. (( _ _ ))..zzzZZ

When I had started to roll into my covers (taco style) I hit the floor with a loud thud.

*BOOM*

"Oww...."

"SUKI! QUIT YOUR MEDDLING AND GET OUT HERE! DONT FORGET THAT YOUR ONLY A SECOND LEVEL MAGE. IF YOU'RE EVEN THINKING ABOUT ATTEMPTING TO FIGHT IN THE BATTLE, THEN I SUGGEST YOU PUT IN MORE EFFORT." My father yelled.

"GEE THANKS DAD, YOU SAID THAT LOUD ENOUGH FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO HEAR." I hurriedly hopped onto my feet, grabbed my clothes, and got dressed.

When I walked into the classroom, I took a quick glance at my friends, whom I'd been waiting to see.

We quickly exchanged smiles, and then I hurried to my seat. "Today we welcome Princess Suki Meritus back to the kingdom!" My professor exclaimed.

Everyone in the room started to clap. Some were genuine about it, some weren't. You could tell that certain people weren't happy about me being back. I had this very odd feeling that someone was watching me, when I looked back I saw a girl staring at me.

Although, I overlooked it and continued to listen to my teacher as he continued to speak. "We'll now be learning a few common, but powerful, elemental spells.

The first one is an inferno spell, which uses the fire element. It's very simple, all you have to do is move your hand in a circle, put both hands on top of each other, and open them back up as if your holding a ball."

Now this was definitely a lesson I could get into.

This really peaked my interest because if I was to become queen, then it would be imperative for me to know certain spells and battle techniques.

I observed the people around me and noticed that some were clumsily moving there hands in a weird fashion.

While others were delicately stroking their hands perfectly. I slowly repeated the strokes my professor had shown, and waited for the next direction.

"Now, you must repeat these words, Vequirus bathemus."

   As soon as we all repeated those words, a ball of flames appeared in between our hands. It was truly amazing....

    "As you wield the power of the flames, you need to close your eyes. Imagine that the ball of flames is a mini sun with infinite energy, and that it will be.

   You should now be able to hold it there as long as you so please."

   This lesson was definitely going to be useful in the future. The flames, they felt so alive. It was as if I was holding the sun itself.

   After the lesson I started packing up my things, but then this girl with pretty, long black hair, and sea blue eyes started walking towards me. It was the same girl who was staring at me.

"Hi! , I'm Sara!"

"Uh hi , I'm Suki but I'm guessing you already know that...(゚ω゚)"

"Yeah, but can we be friends ? I haven't had but a few since training started back up, and you seem cool!"

"S-sure! I'm open to new friendships any day!" I said awkwardly. We exchanged our goodbyes and she left. It's weird that she came up to me.

Normally when people around the kingdom (except for my friends) see me, they shy away because they assume that I'm stuck up just because I'm the princess.

It gets really annoying having to hear all the gossip that goes around about me when all I don't even talk to anyone except my friends.

As I walked out of class and through the long corridor ahead, I heard the most faint whisper-

"suki..."

I quickly turned around, but no one was there. Everyone else in the kingdom had already went to have lunch in the ballroom.

Suddenly, I felt a hand over my mouth. Then, I closed my eyes for a brief second and when I opened them I was in some sort of meadow.

I could tell it was far away from the kingdom because I had never seen anything like it.

   "Suki?" When I looked back to see who was responsible for bringing me here I could not believe my eyes       

"Suki?" When I looked back to see who was responsible for bringing me here I could not believe my eyes.

It was a Laigus. My first instinct was to scream, but for some reason I couldn't. I just stood there, observing him. He seemed oddly familiar...

Standing tall, with his messy white hair and shocking green eyes. He had some beautiful white wings and twisted black horns.

He was very appealing, and he had some sort of glowing imprint on his chest that ran all the was up to his right cheek.

"Are you done staring?" He asked smugly.

Shit. I thought as I was trying to find the words to speak.

"Who are you and why did you bring me here???"

"My name is Sin. I'm-"

"I'm well aware of what you are. Wait, assuming you've already been notified about the war brewing, are you going to ... kill me?" I asked, so terrified I started trembling.

"Before you freak out, please just let me finish. Not everything you have heard about my kind is true. I have no intentions to hurt you. But I need your help."
____________________________________
A/N: 
Hayyy! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to let me know if I've made any spelling errors or let me know if there's something you want me to add!

sincerely, 
•pastel??‍♀️•

1