Chapter 3: A Disappearance
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guards, have you seen my daughter? She is not in her room and her friends have not seen her."

"No sir King Ellio, we saw her leave her classroom a little bit ago but hat was the last we saw of her."

"O-okay thank you. Please let me know if you see her, because it's not like her to run off like this."

"Yes sir."

   Oh my goodness when I find Suki she is going to get a real earful. I mumbled. I have told her time and time again that she needs to let me know where she is going. 

   Especially nowadays because the battle with the Laigus is coming up and god knows that they will try anything to get what their hands on the hourglass.

   I need to find her and make sure she is okay... Suddenly, I remembered I could do a locator spell. I went to the library to find the sacred book of findings and wrote her name in the book.

   The book swiftly conjured up a location that was nowhere near here. It was literally off the map. 

   "This doesn't make any sense!" I yelled. I got so mad that I flipped the table. I couldn't help but think that she could be in danger. 

  I picked the book up, ripped the page out and decided to take it to the kingdom's wizard. Without a word, I slammed the page on the table.

   "Do you know anything about this place?" He glanced at the torn page and observed.

   "Yes."

   "Okay well could you elaborate on where it is?"

   "Years ago, there was battle after battle between the Laigus and the Rosiland Kingdom. 

   At that point, there were some who did not want to fight because they wanted peace. 

   Then, there were those who did want to fight and did not approve of others not wanting to. 

   So, this resulted in the making of the 'safe space.' The people who did not want to fight made a safe area where they could go and live in peace. 

   This area is a place they created so that they could stay away from battle, so it is off the map.

   Why do you ask?"

   "Suki is there and I'm pretty sure that she is in danger."

   "Well is Suki is there then she should be in no real danger at all, as the Laigus that live there are peaceful."

   "I don't want her around any Laigus at all! Who knows what kind of danger she could be in! How do I get there?"

"Well it's extremely complicated, only the peaceful Laigus know how to get there. Considering the fact that you are the king of the Rosiland Kingdom, I'm not so sure that they would be willing to give up their location."

"DAMNIT"

____________________________________

   "How do I know you won't try to hurt me?" 

   "You don't, you will just have to trust that I won't"

   "Okay, fine..." 

   I had got a really strong sense of deja vu from this guy. Like I'd seen him before. Just then it hit me. 

   "The guy from my dreams!" I accidentally shouted. Embarrassed, I put a hand over my mouth. :(゙゚'):

   "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout that...but regardless, your... real??" The guy that had made my heart flutter in my dreams was.. real? 

   I couldn't believe it. How could I have not recognized him before?? When I looked up he had smirk on his face.

   "S-so you remember?"

   "Remember?" 

   "I've been making sure you stay safe."

   "Through my dreams?"

   "Indeed. So now will you listen?"

   "You've got two minutes to tell me why I'm here before I use an inferno spell on you."

   "If you wanted to you would have already done it."

   "J-Just talk!" Σ(-᷅_-᷄)

   "Okay. Discard everything the Rosiland Kingdom had taught you about my kind, because it is not the full story.

   So, long story short the battles between the Laigus and the Rosiland Kingdom were nonstop, so the Laigus that wished to be peaceful created this realm that we are in right now. 

   It is called the 'safe space.' Also, the reason I said you were special was because, well... Your mom was a Laigus."

   As soon as I heard those words, my heart stopped. Everything I had ever been taught came flooding in my head at that moment.

   "H-how?? How do you know that's true?? I vaguely remember my mom, but I know for a fact she didn't have horns and wings!"

   "I know it's a lot to take in, but I have no reason to lie to you. I promise you it's the truth."

   I ran my hands through my hair and clenched my fists. I couldn't feel the pain from pulling my hair because I was too focused on what Sin had said.

   Then, my hands started glowing. "Ughhh! This always happens." I shouted, with tears in my eyes. 

   Suddenly, Sin came up to me and caressed me with a tight hug. I had a shortness of breath from being so taken away by his actions. Although, something in me wanted to hug him back, so I did.

   In that brief moment, it was as if he had taken all my pain away.

   Then he whispered, "You don't have to be afraid, I'm right here." After that, the glowing light from my hands had gone away and I felt safe. 

   However, there was also another feeling that I couldn't shake in that moment. What is this feeling? I wondered.

   Soon after I had calmed down, I took a step back.

   "Before I help you with anything, I need to know one thing. Do my powers loose control because I am half Laigus?"

   "That is the one question I was hoping you would not ask me. 

   I am pretty sure that could be the case, but you still have not mastered your true power yet, so it's hard to tell."

   I took a deep breath, and quickly changed the subject.

   "So what do you want me to help you with?" I asked willingly. 

   "Since you are of Laigus blood, I would like you to help me... unite the kingdoms."

  "Waittttttttt a minute. So your telling me that you want me to help you unite the kingdoms? 

hahaHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Your quite the jokester."

   "What's funny?"

   "Oh your serious? I regret to inform you that the idea you have in mind is almost impossible. Hate to break it to you."

   "Well considering the fact that I am the son of the current king at the Laigus kingdom and you are the daughter of the king at the Rosiland kingdom, I figured we could work together to stop the conflict.

   "Even if that was possible, what could we possibly do to persuade our parents that this could benefit us."

   "Well, we could start off by introducing the idea and listening to their opinion on the matter."

   "O-okay, I'll try. So can you take me home now?"

   "Yes, but you and I both know that no one can know where you were, or there will be hell to pay. Oh! One more thing. Friends?"

   I was caught off guard by the sudden gesture he had made. He extended his hand out to me as if he wanted me to shake it. 

   I don't know what came over me, but it that moment all I could do was-

  "Okay, friends."

0