Chapter 1: Waking up
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of typing filled the air. The warm atmosphere of the cafe along with the hot cup of coffee fills my body with warmth.
This was how I liked to start my day.

Across the table, my friend sits and begins to speak,

' Kir, I had this dream recently. '

' same I had a wife and 2 kids, a dog-'

Henry cuts me off,

' no, just listen... our own game. Don't you want to try creating our own game? '

I began to think about it but,
' where are we going to get the funds to hire other people Henry? We need people for graphic design mostly, and most likely other people, we don't even know where to start. '
' we can create a small business to help build up the funds. '
' Looks like we're going to need to plan some more. '
' so are you down? '
' I'll be focused on my work, but I can help as a little side project '

I put down my cup of coffee
' let's give it a try. '

Henry was always like this, he always had ideas he wanted to try without a thought to anything else. Charging at the challenge like a bull. Relentless and ambitious, perhaps I wanted to have some of that myself that I always stuck with him through the highs and lows. Even with all the failures that we shared, he is a friend I am proud of.

Although I always say I would work on it as a side, I always get over-invested.

Like a haze, the dream started to fade away in the darkness as the sound of leaves rustling in the wind surrounded me. I remember that I had fainted on my hike, the smell of my own vomit tells me this wasn't a dream. I feel dirty but too tired to open my eyes and clean up my own mess.

' I feel some pressure on my leg almost like something is poking at it. '

Instantly after thinking that, a sharp pain soon started to shoot up my leg, and I instantly jolt awake to look at the situation.

I recoiled back in terror.

' I'm surrounded by wolves! '

I remember that there were some wolves sightings near the mountain, so I brought bear spray. However, there is a problem
first, the bag that holds my bear spray sits in my bag.

' I don't know if I'll be able to take it out quick enough before getting mauled. '

' Damn I should have at least made it easier to access. '

And worse of all these wolves, they're nothing like I've ever seen before. They're at least two times bigger than an average wolf with dark red fur, light red manes like that of a lion, and large fangs. Their entire being looks as if a dog from hell had spawned.

' What do I do? run? no, I'm surrounded by wolves. Fight, they'll overpower me. Play dead, and they'll just continue to eat me. The best thing I can do is fight and prepare for the worst... '

Kir notices the wolves start to close in on him, grabbing his backpack, Kir begins to flail it at the wolves to back them off. As if mocking Kir, the wolves start chattering in a high pitch.

" Help! anyone, please save me! " [Kir]
Kir shouts in desperation while flailing his backpack.

In Kir's weak attempts at keeping his attackers at bay, one of the wolves grabs onto his backpack. Helplessly, Kir is only able to hold onto his backpack with feeble attempts at retrieving his backpack from the wolf's jaws. Meanwhile, the other wolves begin to lunge at him in order to finish him off.

I turned around, to face the wide-open salivating jaws of the wolf that would end my life. Wishing that I had seen my parents, my best friend, and my children that I do not have. I can only hope for a swift death.

Before the wolf could reach Kir for the final kill, a singular arrow cuts through the wind from the shadows of the forest piercing the head of the wolf attacking Kir.

A deep voice reached my ears coming from the forest,

" Drid " [Man in armor]

From the forest, a quiet voice responded,
" I know... " [Drid]
At his words, a transparent barrier with a whitish hue surrounded Kir protecting him from the wolves. At that moment a volley of arrows shot from the forest, with pinpoint accuracy had made their way piercing the skulls of the wolves. It was unbelievable for arrows to have pierced all the way through the heads of these wolves, it was as if I witnessed a .50 cal sniper blowing straight through jello.

Then a man adorned in silver armor with the crest of a dragon and two suns jumped from the forest, with his sword above his head illuminated with golden light like the sun swung down unleashing a massive wave of energy obliterating what was left of the wolves.

Just then Kir knew, this was not his world.

0