Chapter 3: Mister Hyde
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Thank you for accompanying us, Alex” Said the young lady, sitting on the comfortable white leather chair in the car.

Her little sister, beside her was enjoying the smooth ride, admiring the familiar scenery of concrete building, as the pass by.

“My pleasure!” Alex Maxwell replied, shifting himself slightly to see the long black haired beauty, before turning back again to face the road.

“I really appreciate it, but you don’t have to accommodate to follow Ivy's whims.” Lily insisted, glimpsing at her sister’s impish smile.

“You are going to spoil her.” She added complaining about her non repentant sister.

“Really! It’s okay. I tread her as my little sister, I do not mind.”

“Then from now on, you are going to be my big brother.” Ivy energetically said, cutting her exasperated sister, who is still trying to find a retort.

Alex Maxwell just smiled and didn’t say anything.

“… In a law, that is.” Ivy muttered, looking back and forth the young man and her sister.

The inside of the car was soundproofed from outside noise, making her soft voice loud enough for everyone in the car to hear.

Lily, who clearly heard what her sister said, panics, she glares at her sister, then looks in front to make sure the young man didn’t notice her sister slip of tongues.

Ivy instantly understands her gaffe, puts her small hands on her mouth, apologetic to her sister agitation and check the young man with her.

This time, Alex Maxwell pretends not to hear a thing and simulates to be oblivious to the commotions unfolding in the rear passenger seats, relieving both sisters.

But Alex isn’t dense, in his silence, he was delighted, he though he was one step closer to gain the sisters’ affections, he couldn’t help letting a wicked smile, that he discretely hides behind his hand.

____

The Lambert Family came from an old lineage of jewelry maker, originating from the neighboring country.

Their estate has grown into a large international company, focusing on luxurious goods manufacture, sought by the wealthy and celebrities alike.

The large opulent manor on sight which is their family residence in West-Castle, could serve as a statement of their actual wealth.

The car slowly pulls out in front of the manor, the rear passenger door opens, allowing both sisters to go down.

“See you tomorrow Alex! Bye bye!” Said the younger one, jumping out of the car.

Her sister followed after her in a more composed way.

“Thank you for the ride. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She told him in a calm manner, and enter the estate with her sister. Alex Maxwell just nodded in silence, and watch the two sisters walk away and enter the estate gate.

After some time the sisters disappeared out of sight, but the car didn’t move yet, puzzled the driver break the silence and inquires.

“Are we heading back young master?”

“No, I want to go see my father first.” Alex Replied in a clear voice, his brown eyes still on the gate.

“Understood.”

____

Alexander Maxwell was a busy man, a workaholic who devotes most of his time as the Maxwell Group’s Chairman and CEO.

His diligence and dedication has brought the Maxwell company to shine on the global stage under his lead, with many subsidiaries under it.

But despite his busybody tendency, even without being able to be often physically present, he made sure to provide his family comfort, especially for his only son.

The young man, Alex, arrives at the front of a large glass building, after presenting himself at the front desk, the person at the desk makes a call informing of his arrival.

A few moments later a young woman, in her twenties comes out of the elevator, she was wearing a professional black and white dress, accentuating her tight waist and her lavish hip.

Her red pixie cut and green eyes made her look innocent, but the way she walks with her pointy white heels and skin colored tights, would initiate wild fire inside a man’s heart.

“Greeting sir Maxwell! Your father is waiting for you, please follow me.” She politely addressed the young man, then making sure he understood her, she leads the way to the chairman’s office in the last floor of the building.

He follows the young woman on her tail, passing by workstations and offices with glass wall partitions, and within them, he could see busy peoples at their work.

They continued on a different section of the workspace, separated from the hustle of office workers, and while he was still behind her, he inadvertently looks at the young woman’s swinging hip, she was gorgeous.

But her sudden pause kicks him back to reality.

“Mister Chairman! This is Kayla, your son is here!” The woman said, after knocking on a massive glass door of a large office, bigger than the previous ones.

“Let him in.” The man behind the door replied.

Following the instruction, the young woman, push the large door open for the boy, allowing him to enter the spacious office.

____

Alexander met his wife, Johanna Rivers, in his late thirty during a business affair, where she was a legal representative of a business partner. They married after seeing each other for five years and had their son, Alex Maxwell.

The man is now nearing his sixties, but his fit appearance made him look decades younger.

“Son, what brings you here?” The man joyously exclaimed, as he stand from his large desk and approach the young man, big smile on his face, his arms wide open asking for a hug.

“Father, I would like to ask you another faVOR.” The boy answered, and squealed as he lets himself be crushed in his father embrace.

“What is it? Ask your father anything.” The man said, keeping a happy expression.

“This time it’s a bit different, and isn’t that simple.” Alex admitted with a serious face.

The father and son move to the lounge of the office, and take seats on a modern velvet couch.

In the meantime, the young woman from before, Kayla, brings some refreshments on a tray, serves some tea for the both of them, then excuses herself before leaving the father and son alone.

“I would like to create an entertainment company.” The boy said, keeping a solemn face.

Alex Maxwell was spoiled by his parent, perhaps because of some guilt of being their busy selves, his parent gave him large liberty, allowing him to act as he pleases, and would indulge him in his selfishness.

Even so, this is the first time Alex has asked his parent for something of this extent.

He comprehends his parents situation, and realizes their cares for him, that is why he tries to live quietly to not be an additional burden to his parents.

But this time, he has a different motive, although it isn’t the most noble reasons.

“An entertainment company you say?” The man was surprised, but stayed collected, taking a piece of biscuits from the tray.

“Does it have anything to do with the Missus Carter? I heard you called someone from her agency.”

“You knew about it?” The boy was astonished, but more impressed by his father insight. Earlier during the day, he had indeed called an executive from Eliana Carter’s talent agency.

____

It wasn’t a secret for anyone, and not for Alex Maxwell, that Ryan Doyle had eyes for Lily Lambert, and Alex is good friends with the Lambert sisters, knowing them since his first year of high school.

That reason in itself isn’t strange as every straight young man at West-Castle High School is smitten by the young ladies.

He himself is impressed by the Lambert sisters beauty, but he cannot say he feels any special sentiment toward any of them.

Despite that fact, a strange sense of pride couldn’t allow him to let another man take these flowers in front of him, but the same pride wouldn’t allow him to openly pursue the beauties.

In the beginning he used small ploys to deter any of the girls' pretenders, before he took pleasure in scheming against them.

And now, Ryan Doyle has appeared, someone with whom he could use to satiate his twisted addiction.

One:

Alex knows the Lambert sisters' schedule, both sisters take the school transportation service, arriving earlier than most student in the morning. As such Maxwell adjusted his morning routine to come at the same time as them, foiling any approach attempt from Doyle.

Simple thing that anyone could have done.

Two:

At noon, Alex purposely suggests to treat Ivy, the younger sister, for lunch knowing she would always drag her older sister with her, hence again ruining any invitation attempt by Doyle.

Being on friendly term with the sisters helped a lot.

Three:

Before beginning the afternoon class, he talked with professor Blair, the science teacher, and learned about the group project.

There are 30 students in his class, counting the often absent Eliana Carter, therefore he deduced that a group of two or three would be the most probable distribution.

A group of four would break the equal partition of students, and more than four is too large for a school project.

Following that, he called one of his acquaintance in Eliana Carter’s managing company, to reschedule all of her afternoon appointment, thus freeing her so she could attend the science class, and partners with Lily Lambert, her friend.

Aware of the project in advance, he managed to ask Lily Lambert and Eliana Carter to be a team before Ryan Doyle could.

And four:

Just before he came to see his father, he proposed a ride to Ivy Lambert, before the end of classes, therefore outpacing any of Ryan Doyle efforts.

And now he wants to create an entertainment company, and acquire the talent agency employing Eliana Carter, to obtain control of her schedule, discarding any chance for Doyle last minute chance to pair up with Lily Lambert, but also to secure a new chess piece to play with, in his scheming game.

And while he engages in his devious amusement, wouldn’t it be a great development to also conquer the hearts of beauties?

____

“As you say father, I am doing because of Eliana Carter.” Even if he didn't feel anything toward the girl, Alex thought it was the best approach to convince his father.

“Even if we create a new company focusing on her, we wouldn’t suffer any loss.”

“Eliana is more popular than ever now, even though she is still 18 years old and in high school, She hasn’t reach he peak yet.” Seeing that his father didn’t respond, Alex followed.

“It would be a good investment for us. And for her, being backed by a more influential company, it will push her career higher.” Alex continues to explain trying to convince his father.

“You did think it through, I see.” His father replied, pensive about his son’s thought, misunderstanding the boy’s sentiment towards the young lady, and reminiscing his and his wife’s encounter.

“And I guess you want me to help you to be the manager of the new company?” With a big smile, his father understood half of his son’s intention.

“Yes!” With a big smile, similar to his father, Alex responded with confidence.

____

With the new entertainment company under the direction of Alex, and backed by Maxwell Group, acquiring the talent agency is a done deal.

The young man was pleased about the new toys he obtained, but was more excited about how he could use it to torture his good friend Ryan Doyle.

____ End of Chapter 3 ____

1