Chapter 4: Good friend?
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new morning begins at West-Castle high school, students follow their habitual routine, casually strolling inside the school ground, discussing last night's show with their group of friends.

Then, there are the two unreachable flowers of West-Castle's campus, Lily Lambert the Ice-cold beauty delicately reading her book as usual, and Eliana Carter, the fiery-hot belle sensually playing with her phone, in the same lecture room.

On the same row as the both of them, a young man is casually seated, attracting the rumbling disapproval and looks of envy from every healthy youth witnessing the scenery.

The young man in question was Ryan Doyle.

Usually, Doyle commutes to school by private car, knowing that three of the campus flowers take the school transportation service, he changed his commuting way with the hope to draw closer to the beauties.

When Alex Maxwell came in his turn, he was surprised to find Ryan Doyle's smug triumph.

Normally, the West-Castle transportation service requires weeks of an advance application prior to being accepted, administrative shenanigans, route planning, and other reasons caused this delay.

Unless Doyle has posted his application earlier, it would be impossible to switch to the school vehicle in one day. As such Alex was astonished and impressed.

But, the young man, Alex couldn't let such trivial things destabilize him, he must not show his displeasure in this situation, so despite the cursing in his mind, he kept a wide smile.

Alex sent a small greeting to Lily and Eliana, that they responded with a smile of their own, and he proceeded to sit on the rows behind, it was his turn to be green with envy.

However, while Doyle was overjoyed being flanked by beautiful young women, he struggled to strike a discussion with either of them.

He tried to talk to Lily but was only replied with brief cordial responses.

Seeing the pitiful young man's trouble to break the cold beauty's ice, Alex took the opportunity to address the ardent one.

"Carter, could I have a few words with you this noon?" Alex told Eliana in a discreet voice to not attract too much attention.

"… Sure, What is it about?" Eliana asked, turning her head to face the young man with her misty gray eyes.

"It's nothing serious, but it's better to not talk about it here." He replied with a smile while closing his eyes to not meet the peering stare of the young woman.

Eliana keeps staring at the young man for a few seconds, lets out a swift smile before turning back.

A couple of minutes later, the teacher came into the lecture room, which means the start of the morning classes.

____

Throughout the morning, Doyle didn't leave his seat, in fear of losing his godsend opportunity.

Even so, during the lectures or the breaks, he only managed to exchange few words with Lily Lambert, to the delight and contempt of Alex Maxwell.

Without much progress on Doyle's side, noon was upon them. As soon as the bell rang, Students leaves their seats in the direction of the outsides for the lunch break.

Before going out of himself, Alex Maxwell approaches Lily Lambert's row in the dismay of Ryan Doyle.

"How about going for lunch together again, today?" The young man said, beaming with confidence, ignoring the silent protest of Ryan Doyle.

"Okay, but I'll wait for Ivy first!" Lily answered while packing her notes.

She glances at Eliana Carter and asks.

"You are coming with us, Eliana?"

"For sure." The young woman casually replied.

Coming back to his sense, in fear of being left out, the previously tongue-tied Ryan Doyle interjects and quickly says.

"T-then can I also join you?" he said abruptly.

"Of course Doyle!" Lily courteously responded to the panicked young man.

"Then I'll see you all at the restaurant, I'm leaving first," Alex stated, after watching the group's interaction, sent some cue to Eliana with his eyes then left the lecture room.

Eliana followed behind after stating the same thing and excusing herself, leaving Ryan and Lily behind.

The latter stares at Eliana and Alex leaving together with a blank expression before going back to her packing.

Doyle on the other hand, couldn't help but sit quietly, as he accompanies the young woman, oblivious of her unusual behavior.

____

The two youths, Alex Maxwell and Eliana Carter walk together in the hallway, under the curious gazes of the students.

"Aren't you scared?" Eliana asked in a teasing voice, as the both of them engage in small talk along the way.

"What do you mean?" Confused, Alex replied, wondering what she may mean by that.

"You like Lily right? Aren't you scared Doyle will get her before you?" She developed, bearing a playful expression on her seductive face.

"They are alone together now."

Before replying, Alex leads the young woman more discreet part of the school, and into an empty classroom.

"Now it's the both of us that are alone," Alex said to the petrified girl, while slowly approaching her.

By reflex, the young girl coiled herself back, her teasing look disappears completely to let place to a vulnerable front.

"I'm joking, there's no need to be so much on your guard." Alex promptly explained, seeing the young girl stepping away and on the verge of tears.

Understanding the situation, Eliana was red with anger and embarrassment, her usual mature and sultry expression was in these moments, replaced by a childish appearance akin to a sulking child.

"More importantly, about our discussion." Alex continued, while the young woman returns to her usual enticing self.

"You see, I have created an entertainment company, and I want you to be at the forefront of it." He added, maintaining a serious face.

"I'm already under contract." She answered, still a trace of annoyance in her voice from the previous teasing.

"That's why I am talking to you first." Unrelenting Alex followed.

"I'm about to acquire your agency, but I am willing to buy your contract first and propose you better deals," Alex added, with a big smile.

"It would allow you to stay at West Castle and not disappoint your mother."

____

Eliana lives alone in West-Castle, her mother has her work based in the Union, while her father left them when she was around ten.

Despite coming from humble origins and being a single mother, her mom has always taken good care of her.

Eliana took the modeling job to help lessen her mother's burdens, with the latter disapproval, but she convinced her mom by stipulating in her contract the opportunity to attend West-Castle high school, a renowned prestigious school where elites converge.

With her works, she has given her mother a more comfortable lifestyle, but now her career is potentially in the hand of a boy, the same age as her.

"What do you want in return?" She asked, suspecting there is more to his generous proposition than what it appears.

"Oh, you are quick!" Alex teased.

"I want you." He followed with a more stern look.

"You sick bastard!" Eliana cursed in anger, with a tone of despair in her voice, she was willing to sacrifice anything for her mother, but she was not ready to surrender her innocence.

"Wait, wait, wait! I didn't mean it like that!" Alex justified himself, seeing the desperate young woman, again on the verge of tears.

Amused by the pure side of the usual seductive and mature girl, Alex continues.

"I want you to be my personal assistant, and assist me with certain tasks."

"If you agree, this weekend I will meet you at your agency with the new contract in hand, but if not, then I guess I must find another talent."

"What kind of tasks?" The girl asked suspiciously.

"That is the thing, for now, it is private," Alex answered the annoyed girl.

"But rest assured, I mean no harm to you nor your mother, as long as you cooperate." He added with a genuinely kind expression.

Seeing this side of the young gentleman, Eliana calmed herself down, despite her previous frights and his suspicious offers, she was strangely reassured, hearing the young man's gentle tone and looking at his clear brown eyes.

"If you can guarantee my mother well being, I willing to do anything you want." With shine in her eyes, the young lady responded with determination.

"Then we have a deal." Alex Maxwell replied, satisfied with the outcome.

____

On their way to the school restaurant, to rendezvous back with the Lambert sisters and Ryan Doyle, Alex Maxwell noticed the latter discussing with another young man.

He was tall, his wide back, dwarfed Ryan Doyle average feature, and his white shirt barely hid his toned build and muscular arms.

Alex Maxwell ignores them and continues heading toward the Sister's seat, followed by Eliana Carter, as both young men appear to be engrossed in their friendly chat.

"Big brother! Eli!" Upon seeing Alex and Eliana, Ivy jumped in excitation. Waving at them, as if to convey her location.

"Sorry to make you wait!" Alex apologized while he took a seat beside Lily Lambert.

"Where is Doyle?" He followed, feigning ignorance of his whereabouts. Eliana knew he lied, as they spotted Ryan Doyle earlier, but didn't utter a word.

"He told us, he forgot he had an appointment with a friend then excused himself." The elder sister said herself confused about the situation.

The four of them, Lily, Ivy, Eliana, and Alex decided to make do without the young man, and proceed to take their lunch together.

Seeing three beauties surrounding a boy, the restaurant's attention was on them throughout their stay.

The girls were used to their admirers' gazes and could manage to disregard the persistent stares. As for Alex, he enjoyed the envious ogling that the hall was giving him, it was delicious seasoning to his meal.

____

When the time to start the afternoon class approached, two young girls, one taller with glasses, and a modest appearance, the other shorter with a generous figure, came to look for Ivy Lambert, same as the day prior.

The three older high school students made their way to their class, after seeing the peppy young girl running toward her friends.

On their way back, they met with Ryan Doyle accompanied by his friend from before. Upon noticing the group, Doyle quickly approaches.

"I'm sorry guys, I forgot I had a prior appointment." Ryan apologized to the two beauties without sending regard toward Alex Maxwell.

Alex, on the other hand, recognized the mysterious young man, now facing him, he stops and looks at the young man, with a disdainful smirk on his face.

"Andy Norton!" He muttered.

"Someone, you know?" Eliana inquired, with Lily also intrigued by the peculiar scene.

"Alex is an old friend of mine!" The young man answered the curious ladies, as he approached nearer to stand face to face with Alex.

"It's been a while, Norton." Alex casually addressed the young man, his smirk still on his face.

Hearing his haughty attitude, Andy Norton's face becomes somber with anger.

____ End of Chapter 4 ____

0