Introduction, Character Art, Map
214 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Hello, and thank you for reading Salvage. It is so much appreciated!

Please let me know what you think along the way. I would love to hear your thoughts!

 

~~~*~~~

 

A Bit More About The Story

 

Genres:

Fantasy/ Romance: main genres

Drama: Look, this is a dignified work of... gravitas, and … human condition... and all that serious literary stuff, but I do have an awkward and ridiculous sense of humor that I can't keep out of anything I do, so you can also expect some occasional comedy (idk, I think I'm funny.)

Boys Love: Although the main couple here are F/M, there is also a M/M couple, who I consider to be more secondary main characters than side characters, and they do get bed scenes. So, not technically a BL, but the genre label and boy's love subplot tag are on so that Chad doesn't get his knickers in a twist.

Josei/ Smut: Josei is just the marketing demo of adult women, and I'm using 'Smut' according to its literary definition (copied from SH - Erotic work of fiction that’s mainly targeted toward females. Smut stories often gives heavy focus on love and relationships between the main characters.) That said, this story is mostly plot with only occasional smut, and all adults of any gender or orientation are welcome here (even Chad, if he can play nice.)

Psychological: This a story about traumatized people trying to put themselves back together and navigate adult relationships. They have symptoms of PTSD and depression, use symptom-mitigating drugs, and display a few unhealthy coping mechanisms (e.g. someone drinks too much.)

Adult/ Mature: In addition to the above, there are some dark themes of abusive violence – earlier in the story there are only mentions and a quick flashback scene, later there will be a few scenes of explicit depiction, but I try to handle them delicately. There are also a few scenes of brief medical horror.

Content warnings are on for:

Gore: Nothing terribly extreme. Some bleeding wounds and broken bits, but all limbs remain attached and all innards remain inward.

Sexual Content: Again, it's not all smut all the time, but there is some. I aim for not vague but also not overly vulgar. Most of it is relatively tame as far as webnovels go, but later in the story we do get a bit of a femdom vibe from our MC (Chad might like that, but he already chucked me in the dropped list, didn't he?) Smut chapters are labeled NSFW. Chapters with very brief smut or just some torrid making out or somesuch are labeled NSFW-ish.

Strong Language: One character really loves to swear, and could probably construct an entire monologue with just various inflections of the F word. So, yeah, that's on too.

 

~*~

 

And my list of all the tags I would use if I could have all the tags, broken down by which tags are relevant to which characters or story elements. It's mostly here for search terms, but you can take a look if you'd like more of an idea of what to expect:

Spoiler

Relevant to MC:

Female Protagonist/ Special Abilities/ Hidden Abilities/ Hiding True Abilities/ Hard Working, Introverted, Loner, Pragmatic, Reluctant, Secretive, Underestimated Protagonist

Relevant to F/M Couple:

Slow Romance/ Enemies Become Lovers/ Bickering Couple/ Misunderstandings/ Cold Love Interests/ Tsundere/ Beautiful Female Lead/ Handsome Male Lead/ Couple Growth/ Smart Couple/ Devoted Love Interests

Relevant to M/M Couple:

Early Romance/ Lovers Reunited/ Reversible Couple/ Shy Characters/ Shameless Characters/ Flashbacks/ College/University/ Artists/ Poetry/ Devoted Love Interests/ Unconditional Love/ Couple Growth/ Long Distance Relationship

Relevant to Overall Story:

Fantasy World/ Alternate World/ European Ambience

Alchemy/ Artifacts/ Magical Technology/ Magic/ Curses

Aristocracy/ Nobles/ Royalty

Politics/ Nationalism/ Discrimination/ Living Abroad/ Rebellion/ Schemes and Conspiracies/ Spies/ Scientists

Siblings/ Complex Family Relationships/ Family Conflict/ Abusive Characters/ Cruel Characters/ Child Abuse/ Depictions of Cruelty/ Past Trauma/ Tragic Past

Character Growth/ Depression/ Dreams/ Drugs/ Death of Loved Ones

[collapse]

 

~~~*~~~

 

Our Two Couples

 

Kazia and Kelvaran

 

Tamyn and Abrizhen

You can also view these in the glossary, and I'll be slowly adding portraits for other characters there, too.

 

~~~*~~~

 

Salvage Map

I made a map! I'm a proper map-making fantasy author now.

For now, it's just got a few of the places mentioned in-story. The cheekily-labeled areas might get filled in later if I write more stories set in this world, which I just might do.

Now I can see that the story may need a few minor tweaks for more realistic distance/ travel times, etc. I'll do that after I finish the draft and start editing.

The map was made with Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator ( https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/ ), although I had to add a few things in a photo editor.

 

Thank you again for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

 

Lab

5