Writing Contest for SSSC 4
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Once again, another contest to take down from my dashboard)

This Really is my Entry into the Writing Contest!

Oh, another contest…

(Can we hear and ‘Oh’ from the crowd please!)

We have a picture, that basically states that ‘Person A’ is hopelessly in love with ‘Person B’, who in which is a fictional character.

*Looks this up on google*

Wow…Apparently, these people even have a name and it’s called ‘Fictophiles’!

I don’t like the name…It’s too close to pedophiles…

Anyway, stay on course, stay on course…

*Thinks back to shows, stories, manga’s, and anime’s that I’ve seen*

Did I ever become a ‘Fictophile’?

(Still don’t like that name…Might call it something else to put my mind at ease…What should I call it for this ‘short story’? FictLove? That’ll do!)

Anyway…

Person A is representing a full on, hopeless and soulmate kind of love and…Nope, I really don’t think I’ve ever done that…Never had ‘FictLove’.

I fell in love with a real person but never a fictional character…I know differences between the two and even though I might have liked or even obsessed a bit about a character, but I can honestly say that I’ve never fallen in love with one…

I wonder though, was it really the same? Blushing? Flirting? Wanting to be with the other all the time? (Stuff like that.)

 

 

A fictional character would never have mutual feelings to the one who is reading about them. They are doing there thing inside of a book, that an author has written, and wouldn’t have the slightest idea upon who absolutely adores them.

Honestly though, the author might not know about this so called ‘FictLove’ and didn’t keep that in mind when making the story, so I feel for those who really do fall for a character and can never appear in the book to have a chance with their one and only…I mean, I’m an author that has never thought about the audience falling head over heels in love with one of my characters! If someone fell in love with one of my ‘made up’ characters, as an author…I would be like, ‘Uh, sorry, but you won’t ever get her/him’…

It sorta sounds sad to those whom hopelessly fall in love with something that was initially ‘made up’ because it would be an unrequited love with absolutely zero chance into becoming more, even if the character might be by chance a soulmate to any of the living.

Sad…

I don’t know what people’s thoughts are upon soulmates, but I believe there’s probably only one soulmate, at most, for your whole life and if that soulmate is a character that has been ‘made up’, I feel sorry for the poor soul that falls in love with them because they might never fall in love like that again for another. (Even if they fell in love with someone that was real.)

…Then there’s people that probably would never believe that FictLove could be real in the first place…(Mmm…Should I do this prompt or not!?)

So…How am I supposed to write something like this! Especially with a maximum of eight thousand words!

Nonetheless, I’ve come up with a few ideas…

 

One idea was to have a Person C, and that both Person A and Person B were going to be fictional…

The reason why I didn’t just go with Person B and Person A, was because I always seem to want to be unique and different…I mean who else would have a Person C, right? (I suppose I could be wrong though…)

After I came up with this idea, I came to realize that it was going to be hard to write about why Person A loved Person B, then also have to include Person C. I’d want to write down why they loved whom and what not but…

I know people like to see the personality of characters, their growth, and that would be what I would want to write about.

How Person A was, by being in love with Person B (And perhaps know how they were when without the other), and visa versa as well. I’d also want to add a romantic setting, so the readers would know what they are like together but…Would I write about them meeting, or write the romantic setting be when they had been together for a while already?

Sigh…

Ah, I guess that might be more then the amount of words for this contest so…I came up with another idea!

 

This next idea was also including a Person C…But, Person A was not fictional (‘Not fictional’ is so close to nonfiction, that I’m going to say instead that Person A was real, which is ironic because he wouldn’t actually be real, haha!)

Person B was going to be an actor, in which played a role in some type of show or movie, about five years ago, and Person A fell in love with the character, then…Person C, who is the same actor of Person B, would come along in real life and see that Person A loved their past acting role.

I was going to add a few things of course, like why Person B liked Person A and how Person C would feel about this…But, again, I think more words are needed to describe what I needed to make this short story.

I can’t just state, ‘Hey, they are in love so just deal with it!’.

No, I’d prefer to state why Person A loves person B and then describe how Person C would feel about it, considering that Person B was not her/him and she/he would feel strange over this infatuation. I mean, I suppose it would be strange that as Person B, it wasn’t who Person C was in real life. So, Person C would come to realize pretty quickly that Person A wanted Person B, who looked exactly like Person C. (This is where the dizziness started, do you feel it too?)

Would Person A want Person C to change their personality closer to Person B? Would Person C think that Person A was creepy? Or would Person C feel like it was awesome that five years had gone, and that someone still loves their work?

Yeah, so I wasn’t sure how to write it at all!

 

Another idea, without a Person C this time, was writing about Person B being some type of sexual expert and that was the reason why Person A loved them so much!

Yet, even to me, I knew that I’d have to add in more because that wouldn’t be completely ‘hopelessly in love’. I’d have to make this sexual expert someone that could help ease tension or something and make Person A someone that finds himself relax maybe? Or perhaps Person B could have some type of power to take their partner away from troubles or that they want the same type of things (Like they were both active and wanted to see the world or whatnot). I needed something where Person B was providing happiness to Person A, with not just sexual desires…

…Argh, even though it’d have sex, probably giving me readers, I don’t think I’d be able to write it without thinking of it more…(Perhaps I could still come up with something before the deadline is done, who knows.)

 

Ideas, ideas, what to write!?

There were other prompts, like that of a horror one, with something to do with a cockroach and a bottle, but no thank you! I have trouble watching horror, so how could I write about it!?

Then, the last prompt was about ‘There is another world on the other side of the mirror. A character falls through the mirror, and now has to survive their strange situation.’

Yes, I had ideas!

 

The most obvious fact of a mirror is that it shows a reflection. Taking this idea, what I wanted then was to show a character their reflection, then…The mirror is also known to show the reflection of the heart. Now, I’ve seen a few of these, where the character learns something about themselves and what not, but in one instance that I thought of, was that of ‘Nature’s Heart’, instead of the main characters. I was going to place a character that sees the flaws of humanity or one that is bringing humans to ruin, to go through the mirror and see nature at it’s best. There was going to lush forests and lots of animals, some bigger then here on Earth, simply because of more oxygen, or what not, but no humans! It would show that it was peaceful world that had no sky-rises and computers. (Hear a ‘boo’ from the crowd, please.)

 

At first, the main character would want the land, the fur and see how the strong animals win against the weak, through animals fighting…They’d gain an ego and most likely think that whatever they had done prior to coming here was right!

But, perhaps see later that it was just too peaceful and that the animals weren’t wrecking the land or whatever…Somehow, I’d change the point of view around to show that it wasn’t the heart of the main character that I was wanting to show, but that of ‘mother nature’ instead. To obviously state, ‘hey, animals are having more fun without us’, type of thing…

But…Who would read that?

Even if there was a lesson to learn, it would be boring…Even for me who would be writing it…

 

 

So…I came up with another idea, and that was to do something similar about a ‘greedy sloth’.

This ‘greedy sloth’, was from modern day Earth and he was a gamer, a fatso and someone who was lazy (Obviously…). I had started to write it and from what I had written, he was playing a civilization type game, with cities and war, and he wanted it all!

The problem was, as he was trying to take over the world, in the game, he was then put into a situation where the sun was going onto the computer screen and so the curtain had to be closed. He had told his mate to close it, being the sloth that he is, but his friend was too busy trying not to get beaten by him, so he ended up having to get up to do it himself.

That was where the mirror came in!

 

The mirror showed the sun, then the light that got turned on, so the main character throw the mirror and it ended up falling to the floor and smashing.

Not wanting to clean it up, his mother stood on the mirror later and that was when the main character saw the blood, after having been told to clean it up, and then he suddenly got taken into the mirror…

This is where things got harder for me, because I wasn’t too sure how to state this other world, all I knew was, for the main character to return back ‘home’, I wanted him to realize that perhaps his life wasn’t full and that maybe he could feel like making life more fulfilling…Or something like that…Perhaps add a bit more loving care and affection to his mother! (Hear a ‘yes!’ from the mother’s aye! It’s nearly mother’s day, right!? Actually, I’m not sure if that is worldwide or not…*Looks it up* Oh! Would you look at that…)

PAY ATTENTION!

 

Anyway, making a whole other world seemed so…Long…

Would it have cultivation? Would it have aliens? What was most suitable for me to write in the contest but still held a firm meaning to the idea I had about getting the ‘greedy sloth’ to see that he might want to do something in his life besides games. (He was also jobless and getting pocket money from his parents…He was about twenty-five and his parents were rich).

So, this was why I stopped. Was it anything people would want to read? Probably not, I mean who else here are gamers, including myself!?

Three cheers for gamers!

Then, who of those gamers would want to change their lives!?

Pfft, stupid…We’ll give em up in our own time, right!?

…Then we might just go back to em later!

 

Can you see my dilemma now?

I can’t do horror, the mirror idea is good, but I hadn’t come up with a unique idea that I liked, and the FictLove story has already made me dizzy!

Strangely, I tend to like the idea of putting all three prompts into one, as I have done so previously, so…I started to wonder how I could do this instead…Perhaps an awesome idea would come forth but…

I really can’t do horror hey, I have trouble watching ‘Resident Evil’ in the dark and directly going to bed afterwards!

Ah, that man that has a broken foot and pulls the axe, freeeeaaaakss me out!

All I could possibly do is ‘Think of the scariest thing you know, times that by a hundred and that’s how scary it is! Oh, and I’m there putting my hands together like ‘The Simpsons’ dude and saying ‘Bwhahahaha’!’

How is that horror? It doesn’t stop my heart from beating frantically or not at all! There’s no imagination!

Ah, how demeaning would it be for an author!?

I can’t do it! I just can’t do it!

And no offense hey, but cockroach? Seriously!? (Can we get a ‘yuck’ from the crowd!?)

Who wants to read about a damned cockroach!? (Then I remember that I have been writing one book that has cockroaches in it as an inner creature that people can turn into.)

…Forget what I just said…

 

In the end, this is what happened…Can you really blame me?

I looked up some stuff, thought about stuff, and this stuff happened…

You can’t say that I didn’t abide by the rules, this is still a ‘short story’, it is just…A nonfiction ‘short story’ and well, I did use the prompts to write it…All that is needed now is for you, the reader, to favorite this for me to win!

Haha! I think I did come up with something unique after all…Right?

 

(2 favs, had a poll with a winner of 4 votes for 'Can this really be an entry into a contest, it looks more like a diary!' 1 '5' rating and 371 views)

1