The Plague of Plastic (Writing Contest)
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(This was for a writing contest on wattpad for National Geographic for, I think, an ad...Can't quite remember. Anyway, I thought I'd put it in my 'whatever' book. I had to pick a picture and then write something based off the picture in less then 500 words.)

 

“Bulletin: Plastic has threatened not just the land, but now has even started to invade the sea. We, as humans, must not only fight to survive the plague of plastic on land but now must reach further into the depths of our hearts to reclaim not only our lands…But our seas as well!”

I turned off the radio and looked out the window…

We had endured through the drought, floods and tsunamis…Mother nature’s best attacks!

This time it was different! It was from our own doing; this plague was upon our own heads! And instead of Mother Nature attacking us…We have unintentionally attacked Mother nature in our ignorance!

The plague of plastics had turned the world upside down and now it was making it even worse by taking the seas as well…

With plastic everywhere, taking the countries slowly over time, even though we had strived to take more careful on how to stop using it, it doesn’t mean that the epidemic is over!

Even after several years of waiting for plastic to decay, it was still out there…And now, even in the sea!

Taking out my swimmers, I demanded to understand more of the predicament at stake and ran down to the closest beach, where not only great memories were, but now a problem has arisen!

 

In front of me was a new invasion, a new type of threat that I have yet to overcome, just like the rest of the world.

We must endure and do the best that we can, to get rid of this plague, before it retakes the world once again!

With a biodegradable bag in hand, to attempt to attack the plastic plague in the sea, I see a few others having the same thoughts as myself, here at the beach.

I wondered if all the beaches in the world now had people like me, ready to fight a battle, ready to fight a war…To fight the plague upon us all!

Charging in, with no regards to what would happen to my life, I get ready to face this plague head on!

The future awaits, and we must prevail! We must save not only ourselves but that of the animals in the ocean! We must pick up after ourselves and start a new, start fresh and knowing of our mistakes!

 

A new world is on the horizon and I plan to make sure that this plague does not spread anymore, and even try to keep it from getting any bigger than it already is!

Today, I promise, this plague will only slowly dwindle into nothing, just like it had to on land. Today, I promise, to never help this plague reoccur to have this happen again! This day, I promise, Earth will survive the plastic plague!

1