Chapter 20: Another World Stole My Character
4.8k 21 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeruna throws Caspian down before Aldue, he squeals like a frightened pig at the sight of his lord still trying to get up. Instead of wasting her time trying to convince him, Zeruna mind controls the servant immediately. She slams her foot down onto Caspian's chest as he tries to squirm away.

"Aldue, tell me how to unlock this crystal!" Zeruna commands.

"No! Don't tell the bit–" Caspian is cut off by the sound of his ribs cracking and burying themselves into his lungs.

"It requires enough soul power."

"And how does one give the crystal a soul?"

"Soul Magic, using this staff," Aldue pulls out a long black staff tipped with a purple crystal. "Place it against a person's heart then onto the object you wish to be imbued."

"Demonstrate," Zeruna orders as a grin splits across her face.

Aldue mindlessly walks over to Caspian on the floor and aims the staff at Caspian's heart. Caspian's wriggles become more and more desperate under Zeruna's foot. He grabs the stave and attempts to push it away, but the holy magic has crippled his strength, and he is overpowered by Aldue.

As the staff nears Caspian's heart, a blue essence begins to leave that area. It steadily fills the purple crystal.

"Aldue! Aldue! I command you to stop!" yells Caspian frantically.

"He's under my control, he won't listen to anyone but me."

"I won't give you the pleasure of seeing me beg, you miserable cur," hisses Caspian towards Zeruna. "This is an order! Throw down that weapon!"

Caspian thrusts his palm up at Zeruna to cast a spell; however, it results in the hand transforming into dust. Now that caught Zeruna off-guard, instead of aiming it at Aldue, he aimed it at her. It has a higher chance of harming me than Aldue, yet he didn't try to.

"Dammit, Aldue, Listen to me!" Caspian screeches. "You've looked after me since I was born. You can't do this to me! I command you to stop!"

His cries go unanswered as Aldue stabs the staff into Caspian's heart. He goes limp immediately and his eyes drain of colour. Aldue then lifts the staff and places the tip of it on the crystal.

A blue glow radiates from the crystal — the task is complete. Aldue immediately snaps out of his mind control only to immediately faint upon seeing what he has done. Zeruna expected something more complicated than using tapping an item on someone's heart. The glow begins to intensify, eventually getting to the point where Zeruna has to look away. After the light dies, Zeruna turns back to the now-freed female only to immediately look away, face red with embarrassment.

'She's naked! And why am I embarrassed, I'm not the one naked!'

Zeruna begins to peek through her fingers at the female and is immediately drawn to the girl's long bronze-coloured hair. Then she notices that the girl had no Dragon-like wings, stubby black horns or a fork-shaped tail. This woman appears to just be a regular Human. Zeruna quickly regains her composure in preparation for this girl's awakening.

(Tina) [Lady Zeruna, I have finished healing the Sparrow Knights. What are my next orders?]

(Zeruna) [This may be a bit of a tall order, but I need you to first kill every monster in the cavern. Then take the Sparrow Knights to someplace safe where they won't be harmed. I've defeated Caspian, I'm just dealing with some 'business', so to speak.]

(Tina) [Will do!]

"Alright Greater Appraisal, tell me everything about this girl."

[Name: ???

Level: ???

Health Points: ???
Stamina: ???

Race: High Human

Titles: ???

Stats: ???

Skills: ???]

'Alright, this is shady. She's just like those adventurers from before. Everything is replaced by questions marks. How incredibly infuriating. This is shadier, Greater Appraisal will always tell you everything and has no way of countered by magic or items. Only the Skill, Perfect Unknowable, can do this. In Chroniks, it would still display the Perfect Unknowable in the place of skills, name, stats, level and everything else. It's just shows question marks.'

Zeruna was too deep in thought to notice the pair of golden eyes staring directly at her. Their eyes meet suddenly. On the inside, Zerna jumps with surprise, questioning how long she had been awake for; on the outside, she maintains her cold exterior.

The face of this girl begins to scan the area, blinking multiple times to help her eyes adjust to the surroundings. She intensely looks down at her hands then she studies her long her as if she has never seen it before in her life. After doing so for a few seconds, she stares directly at Zeruna and squints. The girl rubs her eyes and looks around more, taking in the castle.

"Here," Zeruna says, the sudden word breaking the awkward silence surprises the confused female as her gaze returns to Zeruna. "Greetings Hu–"

"It's Zeruna Black!" the girl screams in a mix of surpirse and... excitement? "Never thought one of the characters in my web novel would come to life! So this fantasy world must be the same as in my novel. However, to meet the villainess within ten seconds is bad for me."

Zeruna is stunned into silence, unable to conjure a single word. This is the first time something like this has happened in either of her lives.  In her past life, she, in school, was quite the talker before Chroniks roped her past self in. Studies, responsibilities, pressure — dropped, all disappearing when playing Chroniks. Whenever she wasn't playing the game, nothing meant or mattered much. For lack of a better phrase, they became a zombie and went into autopilot.

"Crap, I said that out loud, didn't I?" the girl whispers quietly to herself. "Nevermind that, this is awesome. So much to explore. But that is only if I make it through this encounter with the Dark Elf Overlord."

"Now w–"

"Oh my god, her voice is amazing!" the girl darts to her feet and begins inspecting the Dark Elf, poking her cheeks, stroking her hair, and pulling her ears. "I can't control myself!"

At this point, Zeruna has been absolutely paralysed. The heat of this odd situation is too much for her to bear. Her brain has had a nuclear meltdown and her body has turned into a statue. The girl embraces Zeruna causing their breasts to clash, only causing Zeruna to freeze up more. 

"Oh, I may have startled her, suppose I should introduce myself," the girl separates herself from Zeruna and gives her some space. "I am Aema Caelesi, ex-author of the novel A Highschooler Learns To Survive In A Fantasy. Of which you are apart of. In other words, I am your creator. Please don't hurt me."

As soon as Aema had finished speaking, the entire throne room went silent. The room thickened with the awkward atmosphere as the two people stared at each other.

"How dare you," Zeruna growls as she approaches, a fiery aura bursting around her.

"Oh, no," chirps Aema as she slowly begins to back away.

The Dark Elf, swift catches up to the girl and backs her up against the wall. Her entire body is practically radiating malicious intent. The girl crosses her heart and clasps her hand together. The girl was noticeably shorter than Zeruna.

"How dare you claim this body, it belongs to me!" yells Zeruna, her tone so venomous that it could kill someone from afar. "I created this perfect body in the game Chroniks, how dare you attempt to claim that it belongs to you! This body that I painstakingly designed took days of my life! What you see before you cannot simply be described within a paragraph of writing! Each item, each piece of equipment took hours and hours, their worth to me cannot be described with words! They have stories trillions of times more better than whatever ou could barf up!"

"Wait, you're not is one of my characters from my book before me, but there's a person reincarnated like me!" the girl sputters with a shaky but cheerful voice. "I'm from Sector 04 City-04B, what city are you fr–"

"SILENCE!" thunders Zeruna, her voice reaching a volume that shouldn't be possible. "I haven't the slightest inkling what you mean by sector or what City-04B is! I'm just a ma– a person who is addicted to the game Chroniks: Destiny and Fate. The greatest RPG of all time! "

"Never heard of that game," utters Aema.

"Impossible, simply impossible!" Zeruna screams. "The game was world-renown! A–"

Zeruna pauses, quickly pushing down her passion and anger for a moment and exhales. That was something you would ever hear in her past life. Practically everyone knew of Chroniks. There wasn't a person with the internet who hadn't heard of the game. The only thing Zeruna could think of is that she isn't from her world.

'That's absurd, ludicrous and ridiculous, but so is transmigrating into the body of your game avatar. I mean, it kinda makes sense that they're different modern worlds apart from mine, but what confuses me is that she has written a web novel in which Zeruna Black is a character.What is this? Some sort of  cosmic coincidence or something more sinister? I thought I was the only reincarnated/transmigrated individual in this world — that's commonly what transpires in isekai. I need to know more about this girl's world, I crave the knowledge. I have to keep calm and to do that, I need to know everything.'

"Tell me everything, and I'll tell you everything," Zeruna says more like an order than a request.

This was a hard chapter to write, but you have no idea how much fun I had doing it. I don't think I've ever had so much fun writing in my life. It took seven attempts to get it like this, one attempt started with first-person POV with Amy and her dying, but I couldn't find a way to make a good transition so I deleted it. Eventually, I got this. 

If you're wondering where I got Caelesi from, I got the word for heavenly in latin. Then for Aema (Ay-ma), I just got the name Amy, then changed it to make it sound more ???????. 

Before you ask, yes, she will be Best Girl *Dives into the bushes*

91