Chapter 23: Wrapping Everything up
4.1k 18 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After what seems like hours of awkward conversing between the author from an another world and the Dark Elf sorcerer, Zeruna returns in a brief flash of light. In one hand is Aldue's severed head wearing a shocked face; in the other hand is an odd magical item. Some sort of metal triangle-based pyramid with archaic purple runes inscribed upon it. On Zeruna's face is a wide smile.

"The source of the problem, Tina, I'd like you to examine it and determine if it the same item I think it is," Zeruna says as the item floats from her grasp and to Tina.

Tina grabs the item from the air and closes her purple eye, she analyses the object centimetres from her other eye. A smile forms onto her face.

"It's a wonderful sight to see Soluto's Pyramid returned to us," states Tina as she puts the item into her magic bag.

"Indeed, I suspected it was either this item or another with a similar effect causing the localised wave in this dungeon. I recognised the purple light."

"What does it do?" asks Aema, leaning over Tina's shoulder to have a look of the item.

"Multiples the number of monstrous creatures in an area by two. Three Wolves become six, eight Red Slimes become sixteen etc," explains Zeruna. "We used it to invade countries. I'd use Mordain's ability to raise undead and tame monsters in conjunction with this."

"Oh yeah! I do remember wri–" Aema is sharply cut off by Zeruna sending a small headache her way. She nearly allowed her true nature to slip off her tongue. Zeruna is already worn out by future close-calls, and they haven't even occurred yet.

"Aema bring in the collection of females," commands Zeruna.

Aema nervously goes to the huge doors leading to the throne room and opens it with very little effort, somewhat surprising Zeruna with her unexpected strength again. First she cracked the ground below Aldue by merely placing her had on his shoulder lightly; now, she moves huge stone doors with little effort. The girls flood back into the room, some show slight smiles at the sight of Aldue's head in a pool of thick blood.

"You are no free to go, my subordinates have disabled the source of the waves and we have slain Caspian and Aldue. It shouldn't take you long to encounter adventurers if you go through the tunnel of the north. It is far from the ground, so be cautious when scaling the walls."

"Is there anything you want in return?" asks a person in the crowd.

"Ah yes, don't keep this a secret. Tell as many people as possible of my benevolence. That is all I ask," responds Zeruna with, what was an attempt of a friendly smile, but it came out with a slight creepy edge.

Tina uses a mass teleport ability to migrate the entire group of girls outside the Transylvanian nightmare and no sooner than she does, Zeruna collapses to the ground rubbing her temple.

"We're nearly done with this mess," Zeruna mutters.

"What do you mean?" asks Aema.

"There's more," says Tina. "Since we're not going to give the Staevian adventurer guild Soluto's Pyramid, we need to use a placeholder."

"You two are like in perfect mental locomotion with each other," Aema comments. "So Runey, what are going we do?"

"Not call me Runey ever again first off," growls Zeruna.

Metal from the throne room begins to gravitate to a single point. What's left of the throne, metal from the bars used to hold up the various banners, bars on the window — all moving slowly towards the point. The materials are condensed into a ball. Zeruna makes it look more archaic by cutting intimate decorations into it with her fingernails. Despite being used to carve marks into metal, her nails are unaffected by the hardness of the material.

Zeruna then begins to focus, using her abilities as an enchantress to create a useless, but complicated enchantment into the ball. The magical circuits in the enchantment are intricate and messy, it would take expert months to decipher half of the contents. Even if they do, the enchantment is virtually useless, guaranteeing that it can't be used against her if it gets into the hands of the king.

'The cover will go as so: I and the Sparrow Knights were fighting a powerful naga and were on the verge of death when suddenly Zeruna came out of nowhere and saved us all. She handed us the item and healed our wounds and told us to go on her way. We will then encounter the saved females on the way back to the outpost. Boom, easy.

Aema suddenly appearing? Easy fix: give her the now recharged invisibility ring and have her tag along temporarily. I'll then have to split up with the party, unfortunately. With that, I'll be able to summon another one of my subordinates. I'll give Aema a choice to stay with us or go elsewhere should she choose that option.'

"Tina, take us to the Sparrow Knights," Zeruna then turns to Aema and throws her the invisibility ring. "Until I say otherwise, do not remove it! Do not make any noise to signal that you are here!"

"Okay, mom, I'm not stupid you know!" snaps Aema.

Suddenly, the three all appear on an outcrop of the cavern wall in some sort of enormous birds nest complete with twigs and broken eggshells. Laying down on makeshift straw beds are the four Sparrow Knights. Did Tina unintentionally set up a joke? The Sparrow Knights waking up in a birds nest.

Aema chuckles lowly, she now understood the joke. Zeruna, despite being amused herself, stays serious and gives Aema a quick look signalling her to go invisible. Aema pouts before disappearing to the eye. Zeruna can still sense her presence and hear her breathing with her enhanced senses. Zeruna groans quietly before redressing herself in her mask and cloak. Tina readorns her disguise as an Elf and her clothes again.

With everything ready, Zeruna awakens the Sparrow Knights and her acting skills. Zeruna pants and begins to put on the best startled/surprised/tired act she can. She begins to wildly, babble things about Zeruna coming just as they were running away. She explains that Eleana passed out after being swept up by herself. Arin collapsed while running away. They then went over here while Zeruna destroyed every monster in the area. She then went over here to heal us and give us the item that caused the mess. With a bit of passive memory manipulation, the Sparrow Knights buy the story.

Aema just watches the disguised Dark Elf expertly craft the story on the spot while acting. The only thing letting it down is Tina's subpar acting. Zeruna by herself seems to be carrying the act and getting the information across. After a short rest, the group leave the cavern. The four humans are unknowingly being walked next to by another unseen person. On the way back, they encounter Fug snacking on the body of a large worm-like creature. He too seems oblivious to Aema's presence.

After a while, they do indeed encounter the group of females, all of which are unable to sense Aema. Even the Elves littered among the party.

'Like Clockwork.'

Thank you guys for 600+ favourites and 40,000+ views. The first chapter also recently passed 2000+ views. Thank you for reading my book, I would like to know how you guys feel about the book so far. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.

91