4
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 - - | The New Girl | - - - 

The ceiling was high. 

The corridors were long, clean, and wide. 

The walls were colored light gray with a few gold designs that were also weirdly clean. 

I have never seen such a well-kept school before. There's not even one piece of paper on the shining tiled floor. 

The floor was so clean that I could see my reflection. 

The students were swarming around the enormous space in groups. Some were walking up and down the stairs. I think I saw an elevator somewhere. 

The moment that I have entered through the doors, the entrance hall greeted me with a cold A/C blasting to my face. 

I think it was a mistake wearing red today. I am grabbing everyone's attention. I think it's a little obvious that I am out of place, that I am the newly, fresh, naive piece of tomato. 

No one approached me but everyone made eye contact with me, then making a weird face before whispering something to their group then walking away as if I am invisible and they haven't just made a comment about me. 

I sighed. 

It's unlike the books or movies. 

No one bothered approaching me or talking to me. No one offered a hand of assistance. Everyone was busy with their own lives and didn't have time to spare me a word. 

They did have time for a glance though. A few even. 

"Seems like I'm gonna have to find my way around on my own," I whispered. A bit of disappointment laced my voice. 

I was hoping for a knight in shining armor to lead me to the principal's office but no such person exists. At least not in such a prestigious school. 

"Move, girly. You are in the way." I was pushed to the side like a rag when a group of bulky men stepped through. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"You could have asked nicely, jerk. There was no need to push me like that." I brushed my arm off the possible germs that were transmuted through his skin. 

I may be a bit nervous but that doesn't mean that I lack the balls to stand up for myself. 

A few gasps and 'wow's were raised in the hall, echoing like in a cave. 

Looking toward the group of boys, I watched as some of them chuckled and shook their heads while some stayed silent, waiting for a response or observing how the situation would unfold. 

Why is everyone making such a big deal? 

One of the boys, that I presume pushed me, stalked through the group towards me with a blank expression on his face. 

Then he stood in front of me, puffing his chest to try and intimidate me. 

Raising my head, I locked my brown pair with his hazel eyes into an intense battle. 

He raised his eyebrow as he folded his arms in his chest. A smirk rose on the corner of his lips. 

He is enjoying this. 

I folded my arms over my chest with my eyebrow raised. 

"Are you trying to intimidate me?" I asked the obvious. 

He bent down slightly, never looking away from my eyes. He got so close that his minty breath fanned my face. 

"Was that the impression you got?" His deep voice rang in an echo in my head. It was so rich and deep, I bet girls lined up for him. 

"That's the impression you give." He hummed then turned around but as he was leaving, his back still turned to me, he asked; 

"What's your name?" 

"Dawanna Boner." I responded, proud of my new invention. 

Some collapsed on the floor, laughing. Some other students unhooked their jaws from its hinges and some just kept on with their business. 

I was about to keep minding my own business as well when he chuckled as I passed by him to find the principal's office. 

I kept my head high, ignoring all the glances and whispers. 

I was going somewhere but I didn't know where, when I was stopped my strong hand grasping my arms. 

It was the same guy from earlier. 

"The principal's office is in the other direction, new girl." Then he led the way while still having a tight grip on my arm. 

"Do you mind letting go? I am perfectly capable of walking on my own two legs." Then he stopped before turning around to face me. 

His black short hair, swaying to his sudden movement before falling onto his eyes. It was neatly brushed before. 

"Any girl would dream to be in your position." I sighed, releasing my arm by force. My anger almost getting the better of me. 

He seemed surprised but his blank expression resurfaced quickly after. 

"I don't give a flying fuck about other girls. Look, I don't know what's your problem but grow the fuck up. You are a little old to play the bullying game, K? You can through your insecurities at other people who give a shit." Then I walked in the direction that he pointed in earlier. 

Against, gasps echoed in the halls. Some students filmed the entire conversation. 

Even though this is an invasion of privacy and they are filming me without my consent, I still kept walking. 

I don't want to deal with any more of that any longer and I'd just like to begin my first day. 

The boy didn't follow me again as I kept walking down the hall. This hall is specifically for staff since each door had a teacher's name written on it, hence the lack of students. 

Then soon after, I came upon the Principal's office. 

Knocking on the wooden door, a soft and gentle voice assured me in. Gently opening the door, I snick a peek inside before the young-looking lady nodded. 

"Come in, honey. Have a seat." I nodded before stepping inside and gently closing the door behind me so I won't make a hole in it by accident. 

Taking a seat before her, she looked at my face for a bit before nodding with a smile. 

"The first day is always the most stressful one. Once you'll get the hang of this, you'll be fine." I nodded. 

"I am Sera, by the way. The secretary and counselor of this school, if you have anything you'd like to talk about, I am always here to listen." 

I nodded, slightly embarrassed that she read me like an open book. "Thank you." 

She then clicked on her iPod then the printing machine activated. Then she explained; "I'll print out your temporary schedule with random classes along the day. The point of this is for you to find something that you like or are good at, then report to me so I could make you a new schedule that fits your taste. Alright?" 

I nodded. "For how long?" 

"Are two weeks good enough?" 

"It's plenty." She smiled then nodded with approval. 

"Perfect. Unfortunately, the principal is absent today. I'll call you when he requests to see you." I nodded. 

Then she pulled out a small sticker note and wrote a few numbers on it before handing it to me. 

On the first row, the numbers; 34 were written. She pointed with her pen; "This is the number of your locker." I nodded then she moved to the row underneath; 97421 were written; "And this is the code." I nodded again. 

She proceeded to say; "I'll call up the security guard so he could scan your fingerprint and then you are good to go." 

"Fingerprint?" 

She laughed in amusement; "Uh! Yes. It escaped my mind. Every locker has its own fingerprint scanner. After the scan is approved, you put in the code there, and the locker will open up. We make sure that everyone's stuff is safe."

"Ok." This is so weird and overwhelming.   

I gulped. 

This school is not normal. 

 

0